Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeesugar View Post
The idea of a two piece with different size top and bottom is what works for me. Don't dismiss the idea of a skirtini type of suit...some of the styles look really cute, and you may feel more comfortable at this point in your weight loss. I always feel better in a suit with a skirted bottom.

....deedee....
I agree totally - there are some very hip (no pun intended), cute swimskirts that have a real athletic and stylish look to them. Not like the skirted suits of yesteryear. I feel much more comfortable in them than a regular suit (at this point)
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #17  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I made one mistake with an online purchase at silhouettes. Tankini with skirt-crochet style. It fits perfectly-but not enough support for the chest (not a pretty picture-it make me look much older) and the skirt great length but oops a solid style would be much more attractive for my legs. Anyway, I have never had a swim top from landsend that didn't provide enough support
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 265/207/165

Height: 5' 3"

Another nice thing about ordering from Land's End is you can return it at Sear's if it's not what you want.
msroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #19  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I found a nice suit at Macy's last year.

But seriously -- I know a few perfectly thin people who just feel more comfortable in a more conservative skirted bathing suit, feeling that they're at the beach to enjoy themselves and swim and have fun, not be fun *for* other people on the beach.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

I ended up buying one from Women within like my grandma suggested...it just came the other day...DEFINITELY not gonna work. It's like, see through. And it doesn't have the support they claim. BUT, a few weeks ago when I started this thread I was so crazy about finding a swim suit I called my friend and she came to the mall with me. We went into macy's and the first suit I tried on...I loved! it was weird. It was the Longitude brand...black with white polka dots and a super cute neckline. It made me feel good too because it's a size 14---when at Target I seriously had to put on a size 22 to fit me! ---and I KNOW I'm not a 22. I wear between 16 and 14 comfortably.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #21  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Congrats! I have the pregnant belly look too as another member on here posted..Unfortunately,I lost whatever rack I was sporting on top now..lol..Anyone else have this problem being 5'3?
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #22  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

That's great you found a flattering one mxgirl! Have fun on your trip.

I despaired of finding a decent swimsuit that fit in my budget, and I kept dragging my feet but finally went to Wal Mart and found exactly what I wanted. If any of you are apple shaped, medium to small boobs, check out This style. It doesn't flap up when you jump around in the water and the wee bit of a skirt hangs just enough to keep away any "stray hair" concerns. I got this style in two different colors.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote