Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #16  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Ooohhhhhh... I may "trash the dress" in hawaii this year... could you imagine??

The bottom is dirty anyway, and i haven't had a chance to dry clean it LOL. Might as well trash it first then dry clean it/preserve it etc.

Of course it might be in bad taste, as we are going to my BIL's wedding.

I dunno, but I really love the idea now LOL and Hawaii WOULD be such a good place to do so. We leave on the 2nd, their wedding isn't until the 8th, and we'll be coming back home on the 9th....

What do you think?
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I was not at my heaviest weight, but I was heavier then I am now. My heaviest weight ever was 230 and I was somewhere around 190-200 when we got married. I didn't get on the scale around that time. I know I gained weight between buying my dress and the wedding though, it was a bit tight.

I have tried it on and it pretty much falls off.

I like the idea of having it made into cristening outfits when we have kids. I'm not going to wear it again.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #18  
Not Monkeying Around

Height: 5' 7"

Just reading through the threads and thought this one was interesting. I LOVE the trash the dress idea. What great photos that would make. tamaralynn, I think Hawaii would be a GORGEOUS back drop for wedding dress trashing. The beautiful surf and waterfalls. <sigh> Maybe you could get your BIL's photographer at a discount <wink>.
Mamma Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #19  
The Princess

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Height: 5' 7"

I weighed 259, my highest weight, when I was married 11 years ago. I'm at 214 now. I've often thought about putting my gown on just for kicks, but I hate the thought of trying to figure out how to refold it so it fits back into the storage box. I'm sure it would just fall off me, though. As a side note, I often look at my wedding photos and think 'how could I let myself get to that weight?'
Dorys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 199/188/120

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

I wasn't at my heaviest when I married, but I was close. I managed to lose some and had to have the dress taken in about 4 sizes before I could wear it. I actually donated it to Brides Against Breast Cancer last week. They resell the dresses at trunk shows - I don't know anyone who sews well enough to have had the dress made into a blanket, baptism gown or bassinet.
Chinchilla Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #21  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I wasn't quite at my highest, but I was married at 228. Wonder how that dress will fit 60 pounds later? I actually thought about this the other day, because we were moving stuff around in the closet, and my dress was in there.
I am not really attached to my dress - wasn't my dream dress, since I couldn't find that in my size, so burning it might be kind of fun. LOL!
I think I might just give it away soon, though.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

I recently got married and still have the dress. The dress can be used for other semi formal to formal occasions. I used it because it looked so daggone good on me. I'll probably fit into it for awhile as the elastic on the skirt is stretchy enough and should shrink. I might be able to have it retailored to fit.
Spiritmagejkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 273 / 261.6 / 140

Height: 5'4"

I never even really thought about trying on my wedding gown again! I was actually planning to sell it, but now I think I might keep it around as a reminder of where I was at. Unlike other "before" clothes, it's not really something I have to worry about actually wearing again!
shrinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:03 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7"

My Mom made Christmas ordaments out of her wedding dress and then gave them to each kid when they moved out of the house. They hung on the Christmas tree each year until then and I still have one that I hang on my tree every year.
Morgan4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Morgan4699, what a neat idea. I preserved my dress so that someday, my future daughter will want to get married, look at me lovingly, and say,"are you NUTS? Why would I want to wear YOUR dress?!?!"
Seriously though, taking some of the beads/pearls off for Xmas ornaments would be cool.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #26  

Height: 5'9"

I love the trash the dress ideas! Wow how fun would that be!
Nay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

I didn't have a wedding, just wore street clothes to the court house.
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #28  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

I was not at my heaviest when I got married, only afterwards so I would have to judge it by my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding. That's when I felt the most enormous and when I decided to get on WW was shortly after that. So yeah, once I get down to my wedding dress size (another 10lbs or so, I'd like to try on the bridesmaid dress to see how much I've lost. I like that dress though, would love to use it again (hopefully I could get it altered, not sure though as it was a handmade dress).
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: .

Height: .

ShannanA - Same here.
Sometimes I wish I had a wedding dress. The idea of making baby blankets or baptism gowns out of it sounds so cute!
Hubby and I got married 9 years ago and since I was not a citizen of his country, we had to get married at the city hall. We could have had a religious ceremony in a church afterwards but, we both decided since neither of us were religious it made no sense.
I was also almost 8 months pregnant at the time so, the only thing I could find to fit me was a maternity dress. Hubby and I were almost late to the city hall because we spent too much time drinking coffee, laughing, and talking - without watching the clock. I ended up just throwing on the dress, running a brush through my hair, and going! I didn't even have time to do up my hair or put on a little make up.
Oh well, all that mattered was that I married the man that I love so much!
Goldana is offline   Reply With Quote