Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Default bras under cami's

Hi, i was wondering if any larger size women have an answer to this.

lately i buy my bras at target, but they never have the kind of bra in my size that i can wear under a strapy little tank top-shirt.
I know it comes with a "built in bra" but that is just NOT enough support for someone with any amount of bosom.

i tried one of those clear jelly strap bras, but the straps kind of dig in, plus i don't notice it in the store but it has a real push up effect with padding in the cups which i really don't need.

I was thinking of a bra with soft thin straps that looks like the straps on one of these cami's. so when they show it looks like it is another similar shirt underneath and not big granny underwear. They have them at target, but not my size.
i wear a 34 D.

any ideas?

thanks

kb.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #2  

I don't know if you have a Ross or Marshalls in your area but I wear a 34D and I am always able to find Delta Burks strapless bras at these stores which come with the clear straps for around $6.99 and they fit excellent. Her bras go up to a size 38DD.
kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I think you should invest in a good bra, one that is interchangeable. I have one that I brought from VS it was expensive but I can wear it with clear or colored straps, halter, racer back, strapless etc. They have sales often and will definitely have your size. I'm a 38DD well actually 38DDD but their bra's fit me well at 38DD. They also have t-shirt bras and seamless bras. You should definitely check it out.
PS.. I always wear bras under my camis.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I'm only a 36-B, and I wear bras under my camis, otherwise it accents what I don't have. I will wear a strapless bra if I'm just wearing the cami, if I'm wearing it under another shirt or something, I"ll wear it w/ straps ( sometimes the strapless's slip down, as I'm losing weight).

I've never been able to afford victoria's secret, but I agree w/ whoever saidd get a convertable bra. Consider what the price wouldd be if you were to buy a strapless, then a regular, then a clear strapped one,...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #5  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Well, maybe it's because of my age, but I really don't care if someone sees my bra straps. I'm more distracted by people who have clear bra straps than those who I can see! Strapless bras are really uncomfy for me so, unless I'm going to something formal, my normal summer wear often has a bra strap peaking out.

My bras all have smallish straps though because I'm a huge believer in cute, "girly" underwear since I generally feel better about myself if I'm wearing cute undergarments no matter if no one else sees them! It might not be so easy if you need more support, but I'm a 40C/D (kind of right smack in the middle of two cup sizes) and I get plenty of support with my thin strapped bras.
charolastra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i just got a great bra at Lane Bryant called Bra6 it has a clear back or straps

or it can be strapless or criss-cross or halter....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Avenue has nice convertible bras as well, and they go up to Triple DDD . I have a couple of them and have been really happy with them. One can be strapless, clear straps, regular, halter, or criss-crossed straps and the other one can be halter or regular straps.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

TJ Maxx is a Bra Goldmine. . .Sometimes I have a Convertible bra from there normally 100 bucks i got it for 20 and I wear it with a cami that has a shelf (sham?) bra
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #9  

i just got one of the six-way convertible bras from Lane Bryant that Lady Bugnessa mentioned. Needed a brown one to wear with a halter-top bridesmaid dress this fall.

It came with detachable brown and clear straps, can be worn strapless.

I have it on today with the clear straps and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The clear straps are a little stretchy; I thought they'd be flesh-eating monsters digging into my shoulders, but they're very comfy, actually. And I'm WAY bustier than many of you apparently.

The bra was originally $30; I got it on sale for $12.99 from Lane Bryant's Web site last week.

Might want to check E-bay if you want to pinch pennies; I got great deals there recently on a brand-new Champion sports bra and on a new Delta Burke bra.
ShihtzuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #10  
Another Fat Chick

S/C/G: 361/255/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default Bra fit

Although I know this wasn't the actual meaning of this post, Boy, have you hit on an issue for me! I have NEVER had a bra that fits me correctly. I've been measured and bought them all ~ underwire, no underwire, soft sided, stretch, etc. Its very frustrating! Thanks for all the info, I'm going to try some of these suggestions.

Last edited by putznanu; 06-11-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: adding a thought
putznanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

You have to check out the Solutions catalog. They have three different cami styles in a wide variety of colors that have built in underwire bras. It's literally like someone sewed an actual bra into the camisole- you can adjust the shoulder straps and the back strap. The cups are lightly lined (for that sudden breeze) and they're cotton. I love mine and they always have quantity discounts. I have only tried the traditional (spaghetti-strap) syle but the sport and halter styles look cool, too.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #12  

How impulsive of me, i just went and ordered one of those solutions Bra's. I figure it could be a birthday present, and i'll return the one i bought at target. doesn't fit well anyway and it's scratchy.
what a great idea, it's exactly what i had in mind. I don't know what manufacturer's are thinking with those 'shelf bras' anyway!

we like to be cool in the summer too!!

I'll let you know how i like it. it should be here in 4-8 business days.

thanks for all the suggestions. I had good fashion sence in HS but it seems to have faded along the way.

thanks!
happy health,

kb.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
i just got a great bra at Lane Bryant called Bra6 it has a clear back or straps

or it can be strapless or criss-cross or halter....
i love this bra. it is so comfy. the clothes there don't fit, i'm inbetween a 12 and a 14, but i do love there bras
50lbs2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #14  
Candcmama

S/C/G: 180/169/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by putznanu View Post
Although I know this wasn't the actual meaning of this post, Boy, have you hit on an issue for me! I have NEVER had a bra that fits me correctly.
As I gained and lost weight over the course of my pregnancies (and after), I was surprised to find that my cup *and* band size changed as I went up and down. There is quite a bit of difference in cup-fit between a 36 C and a 38 C... sometimes I had to take six or more sizes of the same bra into the fitting room to find the right one.

Putznanu, when you have a little time on your hands, go into a store and find a style of bra that has been the most comfortable for you in the past. Grab one in your current size, (let's just say 38C for example). Then get the same bra in the same band size, but a cup size up and down (38B and D). Then go a band size up and get all three cup sizes (40B, C and D). Then go a band size down and all three cup sizes, again (36B, C, and D). Try them *all* on and you will get a much better picture of what is going to fit you.

I sure felt silly going into the Target dressing room with all those bras... I even had to come back out because of the 6-item limit. But I found that I was really a different band size *and* different cup size than I thought, and I was so much more comfortable for it! Good luck!
candcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:17 PM   #15  

Hi girls,
got my solutions cami today and its' not too bad. it feels a little like a strapless bra since the straps don't give too much support, but they do give a little.
and i at least don't have the feeling like i'm going to spill out of it. there's a little cleavage if i bend down too much, but nothing obscene happens.

over all, i like it. if i could make one improvement on it, i'd redesign it so that the straps support it more in the front. i'll definitely be wearing it out on hot summery afternoons

if i have the $, that bra 6 sounds like a good investment. alot of you seem to agree on that.

i know for the longest time, well since 8TH GRADE! I was wearing a 36B.
I just though bras didn't fit me right. that i was just freakishly saggy. then oprah had victoria's secret on, and they said if your bra is always sliding up in the back, your band size is too big. so i remeasured and am a 34 D or DD. Isn't that amazing? and my bras are much more comfortable.
18 years it took me to figure that out. better late than never.

and i can find nice bras to wear, not just sports bras, or old man looking bras. I'm sexy after all.!

thanks for the help ladies!