Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-16-2006, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Default I am turning into a clothes horse!

I love all the threads that talk about clothes and sizes and shopping so I thought I'd start one since things are so quiet around here lately. I'm only a pound of two away from my goal and am having a ball buying clothes. I bought my third pair of jeans yesterday. I didn't really need them but couldn't resist: Levi 505's, size 6. I know the sizes have gotten larger over the years, but still, I'm thrilled to have jeans that are a size 6. These are lower rise than I'm used to. My 15yo daughter says they're not low at all, but compared to others I had in the past they are. I also have two Jones New York jeans, one I got at Macy's a week or two ago and another at SteinMart (boy, I love that place!). I think I may even put my new jeans in the dryer as they are a little roomy. So how many and what type of jeans does eveyone own and love? Do you put them in the dryer or hang them up so they won't shrink. I NEVER used to put anything in the dryer because I couldn't afford any shrinkage. I've been going for straight leg or just slightly boot cut, as per Stacy and Clinton on what not to wear. I love that show and try to adapt their rules to fit my bod, which is fairly slim through the legs and hips, a little chunky through the mid section and larger busted. Lily: What brand jeans are you wearing in your photo? You and I seem to have pretty much the same dimensions.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Pam, the jeans in my avatar photo are Levi's size 4. They are medium rise. This is my favorite way to buy jeans. If I get the ones that button high on the waist I'd need a 6 or 8 and they'd be baggy in the butt and thighs. My favorite jeans are American Eagle medium rise. They allow for the best fit for my body type. I also find that Jr. miss size 5 works well for me in most styles. I do have some size 7's in Jr.'s and they are too big in the waist. Aeropostale jeans run really big and in these I use a 3. I used to always think the dryer shrank my jeans. Now when I buy new jeans, I wash them in cold water the first couple times and dry them in the dryer. No problem with them not fitting. As for the shirts, I use a medium to large. I am big across the shoulders and chest and this size will never go down.

I have found that I love to shop for clothes now. I don't work outside the home anymore so jeans is mostly what I wear. I have at least 10 pr. that fit me well right now. I see so many cute ones when I shop and have to force myself not to buy more. I don't need any more. It is hard to limit myself when I like everything so much and it actually fits for a change. I have decided to buy me some workout clothes. Even though I work out at home, the baggy sweats aren't staying up too well.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:14 AM   #3  

Hi Lily: I know what you mean about how hard it is to resist buying clothes. As I said in an earlier thread, I'm really working on purging and reorganizing my closet too. This is the fun part that we have worked so hard for. You look great and must feel so proud of yourself. I'll have to try AE jeans. Then I can add to my collection if I like them! I hope when I said that I am a little chunky through the middle and then said that it looks like you and I have the same dimensions, that I wasn't saying that you look chunky. You don't AT ALL. I just meant that we're both 5'7" and 140 pounds, and I've read that you've said that you are slimmer through the but and larger chested. Anyway, if I offended please forgive me. I've been buying new bras too. By the way, this may be a subject for another thread, but did you see the Oprah show recently on bra fitting. She had an expert on saying that many women buy their band sizes too large and their cup sizes too small. Then they did fitting on regular women. Many of them went to the show wearing 36C and D and ended up with 34DD and 34E. Very interesting. I really want to get a professional fitting. Definitely buy you some work out clothes. I have a lot of shorts and pants and T-shirts that I love and it makes working out a lot more fun when you have cute clothes to wear. Go for it! Sears sells NordicTrack brand clothes and I really like their Ts. They're a bit nipped in at the waist and I can find them on sale for $5-6. I have like 6 of them.
Pam
Old 12-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Pam, I wasn't offended at all. I am a little thicker than I would like through the waist. I have whined about this a lot. But, overall I'm happy with how my body is. My DD always tells me that I have sticks for legs and no butt at all. LOL. But, I have nice thigh muscles now and it doesn't bother me that my legs are slender. I wish my butt was rounder, but at least it's not huge like it was. My weight has actually shifted it seems since reaching maintenance and I think my butt is rounder than it was. (Maybe just wishful thinking). I know my waist measurement has went down a little. When I wear a body shaper, I have a nice flat tummy. I wear this now if I'm wearing a form fitting shirt. I am going to get some workout clothes. All my old sweats are size 14, so you can only imagine how they look on me. I have several pr. of jean shorts, but no stretchy type shorts. As for bras, I can never get a perfect fit with them. I need to be professionally fitted. I wore a 42DD to start with. Now, I'm wearing a 36 C and having trouble with the top of the cup not being filled out. I wish I could afford a breast lift, but that isn't possible at this time. I have about resigned myself to thinking that no bra will fit right for me because the top of my breasts are flat since losing weight.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #5  

Hi Lily: Have fun buying workout clothes. My goal is a professional bra fitting either this week or after the first of the year. But then again, I wonder if it would be wise to wait a few months if the weight does shift after first losing. I think I have before that in fact does so you might not be imagining it. I started out at a 38DD but they were really getting tight and I suspect I probably should have been in a bigger size. Actually before I started losign weight I was considering breast reduction surgery. That was what motivated me to lose weight because I figured I should try that first. I'm definitely smaller than I was. I don't mind being large on top like I did so surgery is no longer on my mind. I know what you mean about being saggy, though, and would love to have that fixed, but it's not in the cards. Let me know if you decide to get a professional fitting. It would be fun to compare notes. Those ladies with the tape measures around their necks in the department stores are so intimadating. I need to get over that...
Pam