Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-16-2005, 04:49 PM   #16  
Jen

Default yes, i have to be careful

hey sue,

you're right, i know i have to watch what i'm doing. i do tend to lose weight quickly. and i do get obesessed with how far to go. even this morning i said to hubby that i might go to 110. but you see, i have VERY small breasts and i think that i can stand to lose a few more than others since instead of having the weight on my chest, it's on my stomach!

i'm sorry you have a bad knee, that has to be hard on you. especially when you like to exercise.

i work a lot of hrs so i never have time to do much other than get on my bike for 3 hrs when i'm off on sundays or if i get a few hrs in the evening. mostly i lose the weight from watching calories.
beaglefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:21 AM   #17  

Jen - My knee should eventually heal but the doctor said all you can do is stay off of it, which is very hard to do. Because I don't rest it like I should, it will take longer to heal. Then I will always have to be careful that I don't reinjure it.

I don't think I would say I like to exercise. I like exercise that doesn't feel like exercise (golf, swimming, dancing, etc...) I hate exercise like weight training, walking on a treadmill, situps, etc... Although I know that if I were to get into the habit of exercising in those ways, that it would become something I would want to do because I would feel better. I just can't get into the habit!

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:53 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Sue,

Do you have a pool available to you? Swimming, aqua jogging, and water aerobics are good non-impact exercise which might be appropriate for your knee. I've even seen people 'run' up and down the lane lines if the water is shallow enough! I just dragged myself to the pool for the first time in about a month last night, and it actually felt pretty good.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #19  
Meg

Just a fly-by posting to say to everyone and welcome back to Jansan.

I'm working hard on taking off a few pounds but they just don't want to budge. (love that little guy ) Boy, they were easy to put on though!! I'm happy to report that the German chocolate cake remains in the basement freezer with not a piece missing.

Gotta run up to the gym now to workout and then I have a few clients. Thankfully, I only have ONE appointment this weekend, so might actually be able to do some fun stuff like clean the grill and pull weeds.

Can you believe that we're halfway through June already?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote