Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-18-2005, 02:19 PM   #31  

Hi folks -

Mel, I'm with you. Losing too much weight?? Please! It's like this model on TV the other night who said, "I really limit my cardio because otherwise I become too thin..." Boo hoo. Seriously, I know some people who have a hard time finding the balance between losing and maintaining. I'm just playing - I'm jealous.

Meanwhile, had a cr*ppy food morning, meant to to eat a nice veggie omelet when I went out to breakfast today but instead I had the pear-walnut pancakes. Ugh.

I need to get back on track because I was doing great for 2 weeks.

The sun is shining in NH, but no sign of any crocuses. Still have over a foot of snow in the yard & huge snow banks. Blah. And Ugh.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #32  

Mel, I've never had that problem.

Welcome back, Gina. Congrats on managing that whole moderation thing while you were gone. You should be really proud of yourself! I have big time troubles with that when I'm on vacation.

Thanks, Rabbit. It's frustrating, yes? My scale finally budged this morning. I finally dipped into the 130s (for the first time since October) which feels really good. Now I'm facing a weekend away so I'm going to use that for my motivation to stay strong and focused. Good luck. I hope your scale decides to cooperate soon!

Have a wonderful weekend, girls. I hope to post on Monday with some good news about my efforts to stay on plan!
karynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #33  

Crocuse's were out today. So happy to see spring finally arrive.
Finally caught up on chores post vacation. Hopefully I can leave some warmer weather clothes out and wear them.
Take care,
Gina
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #34  
Ilene the Bean

What the heck are crocuses and what the heck is loosing too much weight !! They both are unknown to me because of too much snow here and because I've never EVER been too thin !! *sigh* I finally feel like the winter is getting long another *sigh* ...

This week off with the kids has been good, we've done a LOT of NOTHING !! They and I both enjoyed it... I have gone to the gym 6 days in a row though and today I am tired I will take a day off tomorrow and do easy housework...dust, vacuum, etc...

Hope everyone has a good weekend... Karyn, sounds like you're motivated to do well, let us know on Monday. Even if you slip up, it's no biggie, you'll be back on track Monday....

TTFN......
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:16 AM   #35  
Meg

Crocuses? Too thin? Not in my world either! This is the winter that won’t end here in Pittsburgh. I really could use some spring and sunshine! It actually got warm enough to clean out my car yesterday, though, and that was long overdue. It had turned into a giant magnet for empty water bottles, old workout plans for clients, gym shirts, stray dumbbells, Starbucks cups … yuck. Everything’s all shiny and clean and smells good now. I have to admit, the all-weather floor mats that I got for my last birthday (from my romantic DH) turned out to be a lifesaver this winter. I just pulled them out, hosed them off, and they’re ready to pop back in. Score one for Mr. Practical!

It was an insanely busy week here in between working and DD being home. Despite my crazy gym schedule, we managed to find time for mother-daughter shopping/bonding and some great workouts. She leaves tomorrow and then DS’s spring break starts next Friday. It’s a shame that they don’t overlap at all but it seems that every college is on a different schedule.

This has been a tough food week for me and it sounds the same for some of you too. I’ve been really hungry lately – not sure why? Tonight’s going to be a challenge too because DH and I have to go to a swank-o-rama black tie dinner and I won’t have much choice about what to eat. DH tried on his tux last night and was stomping around the house singing 'Puttin' On The Ritz' a la the monster in Young Frankenstein ... I guess that makes me Gene Wilder? This may be quite an evening!! But if I survive tonight, then I’m going to really commit to a week of planning meals, having food ready in advance, and writing it all down. I KNOW what works; sometimes I just have to force myself to DO it.

Anne … thinking of you ...
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Meg, maybe you are more hungry because of all the extra physical work you get with your new job?? Those calories count too!

Karynlee, have a great weekend. I'm so pround of you for getting back down to your maintenance range! I know you'll do wonderfully.

Hope everybody else stays warm and finds your balance! I've never had the losing too much weight problem either (my 'after' weight is more than some of your 'before' weights!), but I know that body issues are always hard, and I have confidence that you'll find a way to get to where you want.

This week has been much better than last week for me, got another scan of the kiddo and he/she was just going crazy in there--moving everywhere, a very good sign! Per OB's orders, I'm ungrounding myself and starting back in with some gentle, easy walking, and I'm also considering an easy swim this weekend if I can still fit into my swimsuit! I think the nausea may finally be passing, I'm having some not-so-bad days mixed in with the horrible days. But I'm still sleeping about 11 hrs a day, so the fatigue is still around.

I just don't know what to think about my weight gain. I've been pretty stable the last few weeks, with a couple upward blibs after some heavy/salty dinners. I guess that's good, but I'm pretty frustrated right now, because I'm still having trouble eating a lot of healthy things, and it doesn't seem like there's much I can do about it. I'm sneaking in veggies where I can, but it's still tough, and hard candy is the magic cure for morning sickness. Don't get me wrong, I know weight gain is actually good and necessary, but I'd really rather it was healthy weight gain, and not just another layer of fat for mom's butt. I'm hoping all that passes in a couple weeks and I can get back to eating healthier for the baby and myself. Right now, I'm just trying to get through.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote