Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #1  

Default Is this an ok way to maintain?j

I average around 159-161.

I’ll eat pretty much whatever I want until I get to 161. Then I’ll eat less for a couple days until I’m back at 159.

So I usually eat whatever for 5 days and then low cal for 2 days.

I’m not sure this is healthy to do, I just really like eating unhealthy food and honestly, I don’t know how else to maintain.

It’s working. I haven’t gained any new weight.

Last edited by Harrypotterrocks; 04-16-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Harrypotterrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It sounds OK to me, as long as you can continue to be consistent.

The danger is if you start skipping the two low-cal days, or they start to drift upward; also, if you overeat so much on the higher-cal days that two low-cal days don't reverse the trend.

Everyone has to find his or her own way to maintain. It's good to include foods you like to eat, as long as you keep in mind that some restriction will have to happen.

Good luck! Good for you for maintaining!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

If it works, it works! A range of 3lbs is pretty small, it's within the normal range of weight fluctuations. I think you're fine.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 00/126/123

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrypotterrocks View Post
I average around 159-161.

I’ll eat pretty much whatever I want until I get to 161. Then I’ll eat less for a couple days until I’m back at 159.

I’m not sure this is healthy to do, I just really like eating unhealthy food and honestly, I don’t know how else to maintain.

It’s working. I haven’t gained any new weight.
Sounds fine to me. I use the Dukan staircase, so I increase calories and carbs through the week. The week starts with a protein only day, followed by a protein and vegetable day, followed by fruit etc. I think you need to confuse your metabolism by juggling things up. I also like a small window (weight range) for maintenance.
Pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #5  
mjf

Quote:

If you only care about maintaining, and don't care about your health, and if you're ok with being hungry, I guess what you're doing is ok.

If I understand correctly, you're eating unhealthy 5 days a week, and eating a smaller amount of unhealthy food 2 days a week, and not getting enough nutrients on any of those days. Eating healthy 7 days a week would be a better choice. You'll be able to maintain without being hungry, and you'll probably feel better too.

Quote:
The week starts with a protein only day, followed by a protein and vegetable day, followed by fruit etc. I think you need to confuse your metabolism by juggling things up.
That doesn't sound like a good idea. You should be eating both protein and vegetables every day. You also need fat in your diet.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:05 AM   #6  

It works?
Smith65 is offline   Reply With Quote