Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-01-2018, 06:07 AM   #511  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Andrea Are you talking about the sex scandal thing? Sorry I don't really follow the news (can't take any more Trump) but I hope things improve enough that you can get back on track.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:08 AM   #512  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Michele - focus on the skirt, not the scale.
That advice is a keeper!

Dagmar
Old 02-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #513  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Thursday morning at 161.9.

Made it to the office earlier than usual for an 8:30 AM meeting. Feeling better almost entirely because my manager was in a good mood yesterday. Maybe because I brought her gossip about another dept reorg and someone losing his job: She's outlasted another long-tentured manager. "May the odds ever be in your favor." But I know better than to believe the relationship is fixed. This is how such people keep their power. Their moods change quickly and one good session can't be counted on.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #514  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

157.2 this morning. Avoided some snacking last night due to my own laziness (getting a snack meant getting out from under the blanket I had over me on the couch). Still sick, so I'm not sure whether I'll work out today or not. I had been thinking about going for a run outside again but I don't know if it's a good idea with a chest cold. Maybe just a walk instead? We'll see.

Andrea, sorry about the drama at your work. I admit I haven't been following the news either, but I hope it clears up for you soon.

I think we've decided to just go ahead and put our kids in public kindergarten next year. I'm still working on deciding what summer camps to send them to. Many of them are pricey and I don't know how much I want to spend. They're all by the week. There are a couple cheap half-day camp options offered by the parks department, and there are more expensive full-day camps too. One of the more expensive camps also has a two or three days a week option that's a bit cheaper so I might go for that. It would give DH some time off from the kids and allow the kids to continue being used to a school environment but without breaking the bank or taking up the whole summer.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #515  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Since I got my Vivofit mid January (and finally got it calibrated to my stride) I have averaged about 5 miles a day walking. I average 9400 steps a day (although lately it's been closer to 12,000). I'm pretty happy about that. I've been logging my food consistently and keep my calories below 1500 (except for one day where it topped 3000). I've finally cleared out all sweet stuff at the house so no more desserts as long as I can keep DH from wanting any. I've been averaging 8 hours of sleep or more per night. It's all good. I've lost around 3 or 4 pounds and have a long way to go to get back to goal.

Andrea~I've been following the controversy mostly on the nightly news. Horrible what that man got away with for such a long time. I can see why the University is having problems stemming from that. I hope it doesn't affect your job in any way.

Dagmar~how is your ankle/foot?

Jessica~good luck with the girls. When my kids were in elementary school, finding the right summer programs was difficult. We did have a community center that had full day care in a camp like setting. They got to go the park daily, swimming several days of the week and lots of crafts and fun stuff.

saef~glad you had a day without torment from your boss. I hope it continues.

Birchie~slow eating. Small bites. I must concentrate on this. All my life I've been a very fast eater. DH complains to me about it often.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #516  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Andrea-- 80 day obsession isn't crazy intense-- I'm not sure what you saw when you looked it up. Basically, each day of the week is a different focus. Monday is Total body (weights, bands, etc.), Tuesday is booty, Wednesday is Cardio and core, Thursday is AAA (arms, abs and ***), Friday is Legs, Saturday is Cardio and Sunday is a rest day. The workouts range from 30 minutes to an hour. I feel like I'm finally working all areas of my body and am seeing definition in areas I've never seen!

Interesting morning so far. Got to work at 7 am, and the fire alarm went off a few minutes later. The other early birds and I had to wait outside in cold for 30 minutes while the fire department investigated. Definitely smoky in one classroom so I guess they'll have to figure out the cause but they let us go back in our buildings. Feel behind already now!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #517  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Andrea, that's rough. It's always hard to be at an institution when it hits the national news for a negative reason; that's happened to me everywhere I've worked (although this is a biggie). I was a gymnast for years and have followed the sport at collegiate and elite levels, and we go to the Olympic trials. My heart breaks when I read what athletes like Mckayla Maroney wrote - I think of her at the Olympics, getting a silver medal in vault when she she was world champion at the event (and is still one of the best ever). At the time the discussion was about her recent injury, and whether that was the reason or if she had "choked". No - she was being molested by the team doctor. Unbelievable.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #518  
Workin' It

#518 posts, any ideas for a new thread?
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #519  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

How about "I Won't Back Down" ?
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #520  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Admittedly a smidge morose, but “Groundhog Day” and doing the same thing over and over is in my head today. JayEll’s idea is better.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:21 AM   #521  

"Get on the Maintain Train" - Maintainers Winter and Spring Chat
Old 02-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #522  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I really like 'Get on the Maintain Train'. I think it might encourage me to do a bit more dancing and that would be no bad thing.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #523  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

I can go for "Get on the Maintain Train" - but would be very happy to leave "Winter" out of the title; I'm done with winter for this year, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #524  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
I can go for "Get on the Maintain Train" - but would be very happy to leave "Winter" out of the title; I'm done with winter for this year, LOL.
OK - "Get on the Maintain Train - Spring is coming!"

Dagmar
Old 02-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #525  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks, Dagmar!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote