Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-24-2017, 05:29 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: April 24 - April 30

Walking about becomes fun again as day after day happens without needing bulky outerwear.

Yesterday I stopped to visit with a neighbor sitting on her front porch - a rare touch of the old fashioned that she keeps alive. By sitting and watching she knows all the business of the neighborhood. And she tells, LOL. Remind me to stay on her good side.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:43 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Just got caught in a heavy shower as I got the last peony in but it wasn't a cold shower.

We have someone a bit like that, Bill. She walks everywhere and people give her lifts. You can collect a lot of information like that - and pass it on.

Last edited by silverbirch; 04-24-2017 at 06:43 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

Saw an excellent exhibit of Georgia O'Keefe paintings yesterday. Some were from her south west period and I had only seen them in print until now. Beautiful!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Last week of work before our vacation. Lots to do--I should start making lists so I don't forget something.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Bill-- so many of these "old timey" experiences are almost gone I'm afraid.....

I did a good deed yesterday. I was walking home from the store and I saw a man walking by me carrying a leash but no dog and looking worried. I thought I recognized him but without his dog I wasn't sure. I kept walking but made a mental note to keep a look out for a dog. Lo and behold, a few minutes later I saw his dog out running without a leash. I called the dog over and called off to the man-- he was going in the wrong direction-- and held onto the dog until he could catch up. He was so relieved. The dog just seemed pleased with his adventure!

I was walking back from the store because I was bound and determined to get as much exercise in as possible and eat healthy all weekend and hope for a drop in my weight. Nope. I weighed the exact same Saturday, Sunday and today (131) but it's still several pounds lower than last Monday and I feel more toned. I just thought yesterday's exercise would have made the scale budge somewhat-- I did 90 minutes of bikram yoga, 45 minutes elliptical, 45 minutes walking the dogs, and 30 minutes to and from the store. Oh well....

I have a couple of days this week that might prove tricky exercise wise. Wednesday I have a painter coming to give me an estimate, but hopefully that won't take too long. I'm bummed to miss my Tuesday yoga tomorrow though-- I have a "fancy" event/dinner to go to for the school district. I'm not sure how fancy but I need to figure that out today so I can figure out what to wear (that actually fits...).

Dh and I haven't booked our Italy trip yet but at least we are talking about possible dates so I'm more encouraged it might actually happen!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, my goodness. I just got a text from my sister who lives in Texas. She was just let go by her employer. She lost her husband in December and now this. I know she wants to sell her house and move out here but she wasn't planning to do it right away. I feel so bad for her. My SIL and niece (and I--but not until I get back from vacation) have all volunteered to go down and help her pack but I don't know how quickly she'd be able to sell her house.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:04 PM   #7  

That totally sucks for your sister Allison. Hope it works out for her to sell her house.

Dagmar
Old 04-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry to hear that, Allison. Maybe it will end up being a good move for her in the end.

I have a friend/acquaintance (remember the gal from yoga that invited me to go with her to Hawaii out of the blue??!)-- her husband just died in his sleep! He was 52 I think. The store she worked at closed this weekend too, so now she's lost her job as well. She's having a "celebration of life" party for him this weekend that I'm going to go to, but I just feel terrible for her. She's not sure what she's going to do....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:09 AM   #9  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

That's hard for her, Allison.

Also hard for your friend/acquaintance, Michele.

We just don't know what's round the next corner.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:28 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
That's hard for her, Allison.

Also hard for your friend/acquaintance, Michele.

We just don't know what's round the next corner.
No we don't. I've had 2 big changes in as many weeks - one expected, one not - and am frantically juggling things planned for the summer. Life is change.

Dagmar