Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-29-2016, 02:58 AM   #1  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Maintainers Weekly Thread: 29 August - 4 September

Good morning and welcome to a new week!

Bill, we wave you bon voyage!

This is always a mixed week for me. There is the late bank holiday today (that may also help saef as her UK office won't be open). There is my birthday today which is feeling rather mixed as so many of those who used to send me cards are no longer with us. Makes me sad. And there is the unarguable tipping into September and autumnal glory.

I plan to be outside as much as possible this week. Whatever your plans, may you have a following wind! And do post here to let us know how things are going.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Morning Birchie and everyone else!

I too am quite aware of fall coming. Trixie and I sat out on the deck this morning while I drank my coffee and it was dark. We could see the waning stars and the dawn beginning. The air felt cool on my skin.

Seems there was one big benefit of the past two weeks pet sit. I was so unnerved at being surrounded by drooling dogs and a pawing cat that I didn't snack much in the evenings.

I am moving toward September at the lowest weight - 132.8 lbs. - I've seen since I joined 3FC. :

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:32 AM   #3  
in development

Oh well done, Dagmar! That is very, very interesting!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Happy, happy, happy birthday, Silverbirch!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday, Birchie!

Mornings here have a slight edge of autumn to them, but it is still a ways off for us.

I have to arrange for a pet sitter for a few days in early October when we'll drive to Utah for a wedding. At first, it was going to be DH and myself with my in-laws driving up together, but now my DD and SIL want to go. I hope they don't want to add their animals to the mix at my house for the sit (I'm thinking they won't because they have a new roommate who loves their animals). I can't decide whether to ask my friend, who has pet sat for us before, to do the sit or to arrange someone new who lives closer and advertises on Rover.com

Going to the dentist this morning to get fit for a biteguard as it appears I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep (I swear I don't but I do tend to do it during the day).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Happy Birthday Birchie!!

Glad your sit is over and your weight down! Bonus!

My weight keeps going up (went to Houston this weekend to visit dd) and it dawned on me this morning that I'll be turning 50 in a little over 6 months. I must be very close in age to Becky. I want to be back down well before that date so I better get busy! No more unplanned trips/ meals that I know of until October when we go to Arizona to see dd. Hoping if I reign it in till then I'll see a fair slide on the scale. Need to be better at getting to the gym as well and not counting my doggie walks as exercise. Planning on body pump tonight.

Should be more active at work starting today as the classes start coming to the library. The past few weeks have been mostly desk work so not as active as usual.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #7  
Workin' It

Happy birthday, Birchie!

Glad you are back home, Dagmar!

I also need to get better with diet over the next few months, as our rescheduled June vacation moved to November over our anniversary. My exercise has been good, but diet has been up and down. Can't out exercise a bad diet. Nope.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #8  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Happy Birthday to Silverbirch!

Dagmar, that's interesting about your weight and the petsit. I once sat 4 dogs and 5 cats for two weeks over a holiday break, and lost a fair amount of weight. I think that the combo of being so busy cleaning and caring for everyone, plus the feeling of being slightly filthy and immersed in levels of pet hair and dirt that I wasn't accustomed to, killed my appetite.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations on your birthday, Birchie!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 AM   #10  
in development

Thanks for the birthday wishes which helped with the sadness. I also worked in the garden with the SO for much of the day and that was nice. It was a glorious day.

I've done weights this morning and am feeling pretty good (I've fuelled up with Andrea's tuna mayo idea + apple for carbs). I'll have to watch myself, though, in case fatigue/ravenous hunger creep up on me unawares.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:20 AM   #11  

Dh has his first colonoscopy this afternoon so he's home dealing with the prep. I have to go straight from work to get him so not sure if I'll get any exercise in today. I had one years ago but I can't recall if you are tired afterwards? Can I leave him home alone?

My weight is down today some but I'm not surprised after traveling, etc.

I'm hoping to stay focused today. One day at a time.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #12  
Workin' It

Michele - how did the colonoscopy go? I left my doctor's appt yesterday with a new referral to have one.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #13  

Shannon--- he did great. No issues and he doesn't have to repeat for 10 years.