3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers! Let's Just Lose It! Lose It! Lose It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/310194-maintainers-lets-just-lose-lose-lose.html)

Mudpie 10-06-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL (Post 5282307)
I popped up a little bit after my too much sugar and carb pity party this past weekend, working to get it back down. I'm working through a headspace pack on acceptance that I just started yesterday, I had queued it up last week to start after the one I was on then ended. It turned out to be timely - today I had to reflect on what or who I was resisting in my life, and right now I'm resisting myself and what I need to do to heal this rash. The no exercise and short term diet changes are chafing at me, and I'm convincing myself nothing will work anyway so I don't have to follow directions. I'm trying to get past that.

Butting in with a :kickbutt: Shannon. You said it right above this - you have to get past the negative attitude to heal in time for your vacation. So do it! :cheer2:

Dagmar :tape: :dizzy:

Charin 10-06-2016 06:26 PM

Hi!

Hi! I will try to catch up and get to know you all, but in the meantime, here I am! Trying to relose 30 pounds that I've regained since my original 80-100 pound loss 5 years ago. I am on business travel last couple of days (actually at the Orlando airport right now trying to leave before matthew leaves) and praise God, I've still been able to stick to the plan regarding food and workouts while here. I think I've lost about 5 pounds during the last two weeks (initial water weight most likely) so here is when the fun begins :)

Charin 10-06-2016 06:29 PM

One more thing

I need to update my stats but my highest was about 225. I got down to 120. I am now about 147. I will be happy if I get down to somewhere between 126-133. I am barely 5'2''

neurodoc 10-06-2016 10:38 PM

132 is my new 129, the number I keep hovering around, dropping below tantalizingly for a few days, then popping right back up again.
I haven't had to deal with a ruined kitchen, a horrible rash that won't go away, a new job in a new city, or any of the other seemingly major life stressors that a lot of you have been coping with, yet I keep eating when I'm not truly hungry, primarily having to do with self-soothing of low-level anxiety and distraction from boring tasks. I wake up every morning filled with resolve and good intentions, most of which have evaporated by 4 pm and the remainder vanish after dinner. Not much to say other than I'm feeling defeated.

silverbirch 10-07-2016 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neurodoc (Post 5282368)
I haven't had to deal with a ruined kitchen, a horrible rash that won't go away, a new job in a new city, or any of the other seemingly major life stressors that a lot of you have been coping with, yet I keep eating when I'm not truly hungry, primarily having to do with self-soothing of low-level anxiety and distraction from boring tasks.

But your eldest child has left home. A friend found she had a nagging discomfort for some time after this happened to her.

Log delivery today so lots of bending and lifting. Was it a good idea to do a heavy workout and go for a challenging (mud very churned up by cattle across the fields) walk yesterday? Time will tell. I have ibuprophen and a hot water bottle at the ready.

saef 10-07-2016 04:58 AM

151.6, when I thought I'd have stayed the same. I seem to have lost a sense of consequences.

Sometimes at the gym, I think whether it's pointless, but I had two separate conversations yesterday with colleagues struggling to control their blood sugar, and I started to think about health,not appearance, and maybe what I am staving off with daily exercise rather than the look that I cannot seem to achieve.

Shannon in ATL 10-07-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudpie (Post 5282336)
Butting in with a :kickbutt: Shannon. You said it right above this - you have to get past the negative attitude to heal in time for your vacation. So do it! :cheer2:

Dagmar :tape: :dizzy:

Thanks, sweetie. :)

Charin 10-07-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saef (Post 5282383)
151.6, when I thought I'd have stayed the same. I seem to have lost a sense of consequences.

Sometimes at the gym, I think whether it's pointless, but I had two separate conversations yesterday with colleagues struggling to control their blood sugar, and I started to think about health,not appearance, and maybe what I am staving off with daily exercise rather than the look that I cannot seem to achieve.

That's a good outlook. In addition to physical health, the gym helps me with mental health too, it's such a stress reliever for me.

Charin 10-07-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbirch (Post 5282379)
But your eldest child has left home. A friend found she had a nagging discomfort for some time after this happened to her.

Log delivery today so lots of bending and lifting. Was it a good idea to do a heavy workout and go for a challenging (mud very churned up by cattle across the fields) walk yesterday? Time will tell. I have ibuprophen and a hot water bottle at the ready.

I am such an emotional eater, I will have to watch out during empty nest phase, which for us is still about 4-5 years away.

saef 10-08-2016 06:17 AM

Charin, I agree. It's stress relief and sometimes in the middle of it, my mind stops its cacophony and I am just inhabiting my body. Also, as I said, this is probably how my blood sugar stays within control.

At 151.7 today and slightly puffy in the ankles from salt intake.

Still figuring out how to open up my life a little more and cope with stress and low-level anxiety. Right now, I'm all about having a day for domestic accomplishments, like grocery shopping, cooking and laundry, with tomorrow to be spent on recreation, and I mean this as re-creation and replenishment, which I am relearning how to do.

saef 10-09-2016 07:28 PM

Same weight today, at 151.7. Woke to rain, gray skies, frustration, felt better after museum-going and seeing a performance, walking home from the train station to a clear sky. But now I'm worried about tonight.

Shannon in ATL 10-10-2016 11:37 AM

We ordered pizza last night. I'm not weighing today.

My rash is clearing up some. We are about to the go/no go point on if we have to cancel the trip, so I'm hoping it clears up more. The dermatologist doesn't want me in another country with a weakened immune system, so if the rash is still there she doesn't recommend travel to Mexico. Also, doesn't recommend a beach in general. I have five more days of antibiotics. I'd say it is 30% better at this point. None of the spots are completely cleared up, some are smaller and most are lighter with some peeling in places.

traveling michele 10-10-2016 04:39 PM

I hope it continues to clear up, Shannon! Crossing fingers and toes!!!

silverbirch 10-10-2016 05:05 PM

Oh Shannon, what a trial. :hug:

Shannon in ATL 10-10-2016 05:52 PM

Michele - I have everything I can possibly cross crossed. Thanks for the virtual hug, Birchie.

I'm not walking in my yard, I'm only take lukewarm showers, I've stopped eating or drinking all kinds of things on the histamine triggering food list. I think the drastic diet change is what led to the pizza nonsense last night, now that I think about it...

It is going to clear up and everything will be fine. I am probably not going to exercise the rest of this week just to give more healing time. The quote about your skin being your largest organ and when it is messed up everything messes up is so much truer than I ever believed.