Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #1  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat April 11 - April 17

Hmm, Bill is MIA... Guess we'll start without him!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:11 AM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks, Jay. No doubt he'll be along in due course.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:25 AM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Apparently, he thinks Monday will be along any day now.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, all!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning!!

Back from my Spring Break trip. Up 3.5 pounds... not surprised.... we'll see if it sticks....

Good trip overall but not our usual cruise.... spent time with dd's in Texas and Arizona. Hopefully found dd a house in Texas. She made an offer which was accepted. Now we wait (and pray) that the home inspection and appraisal don't show any unwelcome surprises.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Back from my dogsit. I slept really well there. Natalie wasn't leaping over me (with sound effects) at 3:26 a.m. I will have to toughen up and use the squirt bottle on her, though my aim isn't so great in bed in the dark just after waking up. Worth a real effort though - I snacked much less with the extra sleep.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #7  
Workin' It

Mondays are hard.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #8  

Tuesdays are hopeful??
Been up since 4:30-- dumb pets still can't get over their enthusiasm that we're back from our trip-- purr, purr, lick, lick....

Already gotten a bunch done at work though.... hopefully I don't crash....

Down a pound from yesterday.... hope more will still come off from our trip.....
Old 04-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #9  
Workin' It

I feel you on the early, Michele. The next two weeks are going to be early days for me - open enrollment at each location this week, and DSS all week next week. I have to be on the road by 6:15 most days this week, then up at 5 every day to get him up and off to school next week. DH works 7-3, so he will handle the pick up and homework. I'm so not a morning person, by a week from Friday I'm going to be a wreck.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I feel you on the early, Michele. The next two weeks are going to be early days for me - open enrollment at each location this week, and DSS all week next week. I have to be on the road by 6:15 most days this week, then up at 5 every day to get him up and off to school next week. DH works 7-3, so he will handle the pick up and homework. I'm so not a morning person, by a week from Friday I'm going to be a wreck.
Try getting up at 3:36 every morning. Although the "cat alarm" was snubbing me this morning (since I was away for 4 days) and I got to sleep in 'til 5:10.

Can you tell I'm a lot of fun in the evenings - NOT!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #11  

3:36! Cats are so funny!
I woke up at 3:30 (or maybe it was 3:36?!) and couldn't get back to sleep. I was about to give up when my alarm went off at 5:00 so I guess I must have fallen back asleep....

7:30 am and I'm already hungry. I wasn't hungry for much of my trip (but still managed to eat and gain weight of course) due to my stomach virus, but my appetite now seems to have returned with a vengeance and brought friends!
Old 04-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #12  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Try getting up at 3:36 every morning. Although the "cat alarm" was snubbing me this morning (since I was away for 4 days) and I got to sleep in 'til 5:10.

Can you tell I'm a lot of fun in the evenings - NOT!
Oooo... I would be a terror to be around. Whew.

I woke up 43 minutes earlier than my alarm and couldn't fall back asleep, so just stayed awake. Meh.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Forgive me if I've already told about this, because I definitely have "pre-chemo" brain. I finally made an appointment to get a very short haircut, in preparation for trying on wigs and having even less hair. It was for today, but the stylist is sick and it is postponed until Monday. It will be my first haircut in over 20 years (other than DH trimming an inch now and then) and I'm a little nervous. However, my thought is that, if I hate it, I won't have to wait for it to grow out, just for it to fall out

DH is leaving Friday for Korea. He and my step-daughter will be there for 10 days visiting my son and DIL. I'm a little upset that he bought her ticket (around $1300) so that they could get seats together, and she hasn't mentioned paying us back. I think in my generation you just assume someone will pay you back, or at least offer, and with hers, if DH does not ask for the money she won't offer. That makes me feel a bit like I will be planning an expensive trip for myself as soon as I can travel. Alps or UK, here I come! Or a road trip across the US to hike and visit all my distant friends.

If I had a cat trying to wake me earlier than I wanted to wake up, not only would it be banned from the bedroom, but I would keep a squirt bottle bedside in case it started in at the door!! A few times of getting squirted usually fixes the problem.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:08 PM   #14  

Alice-- good luck on the haircut! Is your hair super long? Makes sense to get used to a shorter cut now. How old is your step-daughter? We still pay for my girls when they fly with us or to see us.... not sure when that will end... I guess when they are making enough $$ that it isn't a huge hardship for them.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Michele, my step-daughter is in her mid-thirties and her husband makes a good income! They live in a much fancier place than we do and have more expensive vehicles. Maybe she'll offer to pay but I'm not holding my breath. I told DH he should have made it clear when he bought the ticket. Oh well, at least I won't feel guilty about spending money on my own vacation
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote