3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers losing a lot! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/301731-maintainers-losing-lot.html)

ICUwishing 02-02-2015 09:47 AM

I have the anticipated blip. If good tortilla chips are combined with good guacamole ... I'm goin' in. And I did. :D It was the Super Bowl, darn it! I probably won't be in that situation again until Memorial Day. Worth it. I have tamped down that particular craving for a few months, waiting for that day.

paperclippy 02-02-2015 12:00 PM

It says something about my lack of progress that when I logged in today the weight ticker in my signature was invalid because it hadn't been updated in 80 days. Sigh.

Readjusting my workout schedule this week because I must not have eaten enough for breakfast or something and when my meetings were over and time for my lunchtime workout rolled around I felt like I would pass out if I tried to exercise, so I'm eating instead. Perhaps I will make it to the gym this afternoon, otherwise it will be tomorrow.

I think I need to start getting more recipes together for DH to make. He tends to forget to include enough veggies to bulk things up. I will have to do some research this evening on easier faster recipes than the ones I have in my file.

I didn't quite make my weekend goal of only one cheat. I planned a cheat dinner on Saturday including dessert, but there was leftover dessert (ice cream) that I ate Sunday. All gone now at least.

paperclippy 02-02-2015 12:17 PM

In the interest of accountability, I'm going to start logging my food here.

Breakfast: oatmeal w/apple, cinnamon, walnuts
Snack: apple
Lunch: spaghetti w/sauce, chicken breast, broccoli/cauliflower frozen mix
Dinner: pasta with sauce, mushrooms, zucchini, chicken, cherry tomatoes
Snack: tortilla, cup of tea, handful of cheerios

silverbirch 02-03-2015 04:13 AM

Weigh myself. Done. Daily fluctuation +0.5lb.

Make food plan for the day. Done.
B - muesli, cc, summer fruits, semi-skimmed milk, wheatgerm.

MS – cc?
L – tuna mayonnaise sandwich, apple, date
AS – blood orange, cc
T – something with chicken.

Exercise. Walking. Possibly stretching.

Keep to food and exercise plan as far as I can, and as appropriate. I’ll put effort in this direction. Yesterday I did weights and walking (about a mile, including stairs). It was a busy day and post-weights exhaustion hit just as I was making the evening meal. Although the meal was straightforward and planned, I still force-fed myself a couple of rye crackers with butter.

Today are my first two Italian classes at the university. As per best practice, I checked the equipment yesterday. Yes, malfunctioning and yes, slow and with quirks of its own. The students and I can bond over this.

In a hurry. See you later today perhaps.

paperclippy 02-03-2015 08:35 AM

Updated my yesterday's post to finish up food. Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, work was crazy. Also got scheduled into a lunch meeting on Wednesday which further messes up my schedule, so I think gym is going to be T/Th this week with possibly cardio on Friday.

158.0 on the scale this morning which felt like victory since it's the lowest I've seen in a while. Maybe I'll see something lower on Friday?? (Fridays are my "official" weigh-in days.)

B - oatmeal, apple, cinnamon, walnuts, cup of skim milk
S - greek yogurt (planning my snack earlier so I will have energy for workout)
L - leftover pasta and veggies/sauce/chicken, string cheese
D - chicken tamale casserole
E - lower body workout, 15 min intervals walking uphill on treadmill

JayEll 02-03-2015 08:50 AM

The Super Bowl food didn't cause any blip in weight, but it does seem to have stalled things. I'll just keep to my plan and see if things shake up some more.

Shannon in ATL 02-03-2015 11:32 AM

I've got a cold. A pretty solid, sick as heck, sore throat cold. Right before two weeks of 12 hour days driving to our restaurants for pre-enrollment info for open enrollment.

paperclippy 02-04-2015 08:23 AM

Successfully followed my plan yesterday, rewarded by seeing 157.6 on the scale this morning. I think not indulging too much on the weekend is probably the real key.

Today's plan:
B - oatmeal w/cinnamon, apple, walnuts; skim milk
L - cheeseburger w/lettuce/tomato/ketchup, potato chips, a little chili
D - don't remember, raisin bran maybe?
E - none

alinnell 02-04-2015 09:21 AM

WTG, Jessica. My scale hasn't budged in over a week.

silverbirch 02-04-2015 01:04 PM

Weigh myself. Done. Daily fluctuation +0.25lb

Make food plan for the day. Not a written one. So I’ve been busking it.
B - muesli, cc, summer fruits, semi-skimmed milk, wheatgerm.

MS – none as I was exercising.
L – 4 rashers of bacon and sauté potatoes.
AS – two bowls of muesli. What??
T – not yet consumed. The others are having chicken in white sauce, pasta and cabbage. I think I’m going to have some more cups of blackberry and elderflower tea.

Exercise. The full MBF and weights routine.

Keep to food and exercise plan as far as I can, and as appropriate. Well, it wasn’t in existence so I did as well as I could.

Busy day yesterday. It went well with the students (two groups of about 12), I think. At least half of them spoke which is a dramatic improvement on what happens in other sessions, apparently. They laughed a bit. I laughed a bit. I don’t think it was nervous laughter so we must have been fairly relaxed. This week was a fairly easy piece from a newspaper. Next session (in a fortnight) will look at a literary passage. My colleague thinks it’s difficult. Let’s see. Nothing like a challenge, as we all know here – only too well.

Busy day today as well. The morning was talking to nursing homes, members of the family, the hospital ward etc. The afternoon has been proofreading documents translated from Flemish (or spoken by Belgian people in English) about China. Now I’m about to make the tea.

Tomorrow morning is moving a load of logs. Tomorrow afternoon – not sure yet. It could be correcting students’ work.

I am so very pleased that I’ve got a new story book. I’m planning a big reading session this evening, probably in bed.

Good luck, all. Shannon, hot whisky perhaps? :wave:

Shannon in ATL 02-04-2015 01:10 PM

Birchie - there is definitely hot whiskey in my future. :)

mandalinn82 02-04-2015 03:55 PM

I'm quiet because I'm under a lot of stress, and I seem to have tipped to the other side of things...I can't eat. Which is new to me since maintenance, but has happened before in the last few years. It's weird and uncomfortable and not at all what I'm used to, so my goals have to shift.

I am currently trying to eat 3x a day and hit at least 1000 calories (while working strategies on other fronts to work with the stress). And working on not using the gym as punishment and/or if I haven't had enough to eat to make it a healthy thing. And those will be my goals until I have a few days in a row where both of those things happen.

ICUwishing 02-05-2015 08:51 AM

The Super Bowl indulgence took a toll on my discipline as well as the scale, which is still up. My weekly average is not going to be where I'd like to see it. If nothing else, I did get out and move a lot of snow last night. It made my Fitbit Zip's little smiley guy break out into a big grin. :lol: For some reason that grin has become important to me.

silverbirch 02-05-2015 09:47 AM

BRB - at least, I'm hoping to be. Quite crazy here today.

:grouphug:

Shannon in ATL 02-05-2015 12:01 PM

Crazy two weeks for me now, plus sick on top of it, so I'll probably be quiet for a bit.