3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers losing a lot! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/301731-maintainers-losing-lot.html)

Shannon in ATL 02-17-2015 07:18 PM

Birchie - :( Sorry for your loss.

Becky - I am with you, exactly. I have to stop the on/off/on/on/off/off/off etc pattern I've developed.

Jay - I also dislike the word plodding, it does sound negative. Like looking for a better word.

I'll be back in my office tomorrow for the first time in close to three weeks. Maybe that will snap me back to my good habits that I had recovered while there. I was really on point for near to a month, then out in the field and that on point fell by the wayside. I almost feel healthy again, am at least healthy enough to ignore it. It is just in the lingering ick stage now - talked to a doctor today, he said it is hanging around some people for 6-8 weeks. Hope that isn't going to happen here.

ICUwishing 02-18-2015 10:06 AM

Down with a garden-variety severe head cold. Hoping it stays that way, given how many other far nastier bugs are around. I'm throwing a lot of sleep, Vit D and Vit C at it. Grrrrrrrrr.

Shannon in ATL 02-18-2015 11:13 AM

I hope you feel better soon, Becky. I'm near to three weeks in and still feel fairly terrible - mine settled into a sinus infection I believe. If it starts to seem like more than a head cold, don't delay going to the doctor like I did.

ICUwishing 02-18-2015 04:08 PM

Thank you, Shannon! I wish you speedier continuous improvement! :hug: It just SUCKS to be sick - "ain't nobody got time for that" :nono: If DS15 catches it ... well, he's got 2 performances Fri and Sat, and then the annual show choir tryout on Tuesday ... I would have to sleep with one eye open for quite a while. :eek:

silverbirch 02-18-2015 04:15 PM

Sympathy to you both. My Christmas extravaganza lasted until early February, one way or another.

Shannon in ATL 02-19-2015 11:55 AM

I'm trying to decide if I've hit rock bottom yet or not. I'm tired and frustrated and feel fat and sluggish and ugly, yet am struggling with turning it back around. I think it all boils down to control with me - when I feel out of control I fall apart. I need to get my control back. And learn how not to let things I can't control drive me insane.

JayEll 02-19-2015 12:34 PM

Well, I guess my luck has run out, because my allergies have morphed into a cold. How do I know? Because I had a sore throat this morning, and for me allergies don't include a sore throat.

Actually it has an upside, in that I tend to eat less when I'm not feeling well.

Still, I can commiserate with you, Shannon. Unhappy with the way things are, but not having enough "oomph" to do something. When I'm in that state I try to change my view. Maybe I don't need to grab control in a steel grip, but just exert some gentle guidance.

I think of my sister the horsewoman--how she rides her horses with hardly any fuss or force. But she does give them a clue. Let's go this way, not that way.

Shannon in ATL 02-19-2015 12:40 PM

Jay - I like that about gentle guidance. I always feel like I have to have a steel grip, even when I really can't. I have a lot of situations that I can't control a lick that I let drive me, and while I fret over them I let things I can control wither on the vine.

nineteen 02-19-2015 08:45 PM

I'm staying steady at 149. Cabin fever setting in from this arctic weather. Having a lot of food cravings, but trying not to give in too much.

alinnell 02-20-2015 09:28 AM

Sheesh. After a very healthy and low calorie dinner last night my weight went up. And today is Friday which means DH and I go out to lunch AND I'm meeting friends for dinner and drinks tonight. This does not look good.

JayEll 02-20-2015 10:24 AM

There's no point in my weighing when I'm sick, because taking cold meds always leads to water weight. Sigh... But, I can still stick with my plan.

Shannon in ATL 02-20-2015 11:01 AM

Jay - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Get plenty of rest so you can kick it quickly.

Allison - yick. Good luck today.

nineteen - the cold is making everyone crazy. Stay strong!

We may have some winter weather of our own here tonight, don't know. The snow that was supposed to come in last week didn't, so people aren't particularly worried. That is when it always gets us.

JayEll 02-21-2015 10:22 AM

Happy weekend! I'm interested in hearing what your plans are for the weekend--I mean your Eating & Exercise plans!

I'm still sick, but here is my plan:

- Continue to limit what I eat per meal, if I eat out somewhere. I typically take half home for later.

- Choose wisely when eating at home. I do not need two slices of bread, for example. I can do with a small helping of coleslaw rather than a bigger one.

- Stay away from refined sugar this weekend. Some bad habits have crept in, probably because I'm sick. There are plenty of snack foods that don't involve sugar, if I'm feeling hungry.

- Drink more fluids.

Exercise not included this weekend. Perhaps a walk if it warms up.

alinnell 02-21-2015 10:44 AM

Last night wasn't the bust I imagined. We ended up not going to the restaurant--we just stayed at the bar and ordered several charcuterie boards. Weight was down this morning.

Weekend plans:
Saturday--golf after a breakfast of homemade egg McMuffins
Lunch--unknown
grocery shopping for the week followed by fixing the knitting error I made the other night
Dinner--unknown (planned several healthy dinners, just don't know what one we'll eat tonight)

Sunday--golf after a breakfast of homemade egg McMuffin
Lunch--community potluck picnic. A yearly event at the RV park where my in-laws live (and where we golf). It may be our last because in-laws are looking to sell the RV and get a condo or mobile home. Then we'll sell the lot. We already have an interested party
Dinner--chili verde burritos (healthy recipe) and salad

raven90 02-21-2015 10:58 AM

Hello everyone. I am new to this site. The past two days I have done really good on my calorie count (below 1500) and have done 1 hour of exercise each day. I weighed myself Wednesday and I am waiting until next Wednesday to weigh myself. I usually do everyday but I am seeing how it feels to do it weekly. Mabey I will think about what I am eating more since I don't know how much I weigh. And I have been. I am ready for Wednesday to come and see if I've lost. I was at 135 and I gained over the holidays.