Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-07-2014, 05:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I can see how that can happen, saef.

But... my partner is 74 and very different from your mother. So, it may not be age so much as just the way your mom's personality is.

Our cat had to have an enema today, and the bill was $342. I asked if they had used vintage champagne for it.
I'm at your question to the vet JayEll but sorry your cat had to undergo something like that.

My work is never at an "even" pace these days. I suppose it's since I've had to switch to doing all sorts of "odd" pet jobs () rather than having enough regular weekly clients to support us.

Saef When you described your mom your description exactly matches Natty. She is highly extroverted and DH and I are introverts. Sometimes we want to hide from her as she's always looking for distractions if she's not sleeping. But she keeps us from retreating too far into our own selves and that's a real bonus for us.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #17  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

JayEll, Bubbles!!!! Hope the cat feels a lot better.

Struggling at work - issues with the completeness of downloaded data. It's hamstrung my entire department and no good ETA on when it will be resolved.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Poor Kitty (and you too JayEll). Hope the enema provided relief!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I cannot imagine giving a cat an enema. But then this morning I heard choking and found Culley, the formerly feral feline, chewing on a felt wand toy. He was chewing and swallowing as he chewed. I grabbed the wand end and gently pulled and he'd swallowed easily 7 inches of the felt. Eww. Glad I caught that. Imagine what may have happened if he'd eaten all three feet of it! Well, this may explain what happened the other day when I found the felt end of the wand in a pile of puke. He's obviously done it before. And yes, I washed it thoroughly each time.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #20  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Get rid of that felt wand toy!!! Before he succeeds... And you too are taking a cat for an enema. Or worse.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Get rid of that felt wand toy!!! Before he succeeds... And you too are taking a cat for an enema. Or worse.
I second that suggestion! Cats and any form of string, floss, long fabric strips,etc., can be a deadly combination. One of my clients kept leaving elastics on the floor and wound up having to take her cat in for abdominal surgery. The cat survived but it was a close call.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #22  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Hello! I am just coming out of three solid days of meetings at work. Phew! Projects are at least getting sorted out (I'm rolling from one project to a new one) so I feel pretty good about it.

It's definitely fall here too! Luckily I was able to buy some fall and winter clothes for my kids at the fall sale my twins club has (also sold a whole bunch of their stuff!). The girls are starting to talk and it's pretty exciting. We're getting the occasional "hi" and "bye," plus "more," "moo," and "baa." They're also starting to nod their heads yes and no. It's pretty surprising the things they figure out on their own now, like DH said to them yesterday "put your hands up high in the air" and they did it, without having been taught it intentionally.

Food and exercise are a mess this week because I had all-day meetings (like, 8am-6pm no break meetings). Next week will be better.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #23  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

DS and DH are taking off after school today to the "sunset side" to try their luck at the salmon run. This will be DS's first time with this particular group of DH and friends; I suspect that DS will be unhappy with the prioritization of drinking over fishing. He takes his fishing pretty seriously!

I'll be leaving Saturday morning myself for Grand Rapids. About once a month a group of us get together to visit a local brewery and enjoy some craft beers - the group voted to travel a little further out and try to do some serious sampling where there are MANY to try. I expect I might need to take a break after I get back.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #24  

My Dad's church does an annual salmon run, Becky. But this one is all about eating the salmon (and drinking)!

Have fun with the beer!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #25  

My Dad's church does an annual salmon run, Becky. But this one is all about eating the salmon (and drinking)!

Have fun with the beer!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #26  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Jessica, I just spent three days in a managerial training class. It's a quiet week at my company headquarters in CT because our perfectly enormous annual event has been happening all week down in Florida, with all the analysts down there and the combined might of the sales force. So I had time to learn some things and wind down a little. I expect the pace will pick up next week, though.

Still working at rediscovering some parts of my life during the off-hours, and looking forward to the weekend for some of that.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

I got a spiralizer to cut my veggies in spirals and just had zucchini spaghetti with sauce.Wow...yummy and I certainly got the spaghetti feeling right up to twisting it around the fork.It was delicious and so few carbs and total calories.
Sprinkled with cheese and a 6 oz hamburger patty the calories came to around 500.A great meal for maintenance and so satisfying.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I've used the spirallizer a few times and loved it! I need to pull it out again and use it. Thanks for the reminder.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #29  

I bought a little hand held spiralizer and use it on zucchini quite often. I do love zucchini "spaghetti" as well as spaghetti squash "spagetti." But now I wish I'd bought the bigger one that sits on your counter instead. Not only does it look like less work but you can use it on larger vegetables for more variety.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #30  

Poor kitty! Hope it goes well.
Enjoy the craft beers. I imagine Michigan has some great ones (so does COlorado). We're bringing some craft beers to CHoctoberfest a week from now. Beer actually goes better with chocolate than wine I think. Choctoberfest will be HUGE I think.
Holding my own with weight, not great not awful, happy for that during this stressful (in a somewhat good way) time.
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote