Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Sharon-- I hope you're coping okay.

I'm not doing well with Jozi's passing. I did okay at work yesterday (more or less) but after school/evening was hard and I'm feeling very melancholy today. I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep and I just feel weepy.

The house is so empty (dh left for China too). Dewey is upset but he doesn't know why. He's just shaking and being very clingy. Charlotte is still meowing. I'm hoping she'll come downstairs (the cats were afraid of Jozi's size so they always stayed upstairs) once she is sure she's gone. She keeps coming to the bottom of the steps and looking around with big, unsure eyes.

Wanting to stuff my face with bad stuff but I know that won't help anything. Maybe retail therapy?? Or one bad meal??
My vote would be to have a good cry. I did that for the first time in ages when Mishi passed and again when Mud went. And then again when DH's BIL went. I never, ever really cry so DH was kinda shocked when I was weeping flat out all 3 times. But it helped immensely to let that all out.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Sending supportive thoughts, Sharon, as you work to process such awful news.
Me too Sharon.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

How sad and shocking.I send my sympathy to you and hope you are able to cope well.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Michele, so sorry but that is so normal. I remember feeling distraught for days with both of our dogs that we lost. About a week after my golden, Mac, died I was looking at videos of him on my iPad and in one he started barking. My other dog Brutus jumped up and started running around looking for Mac, wagging his tail. My dd and I started sobbing uncontrollably. I have not watched those videos ever again.

I agree that a good cry is in order, although if you are like me you are probably doing that as well. A comfort meal won't really help, more than the few minutes you are eating it. it has to be worse because you are alone too.

Today was better than yesterday at school but still many tears. There are meals being planned, lots of money being raised and beautiful things being said about her online. When we had the prayer service for her the kids were so good. Not one peep or kid out of order, 1200 kids ages 14-18 all respectful. Amazing.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Glad to hear the students were so respectful, Sharon. It has to be hard and confusing for them.

I've had a couple of cries but I probably need to read a sad book or watch a sad movie and really get it out.

I went to yoga Sunday and Monday and had a horrible time staying focused. I wasn't going to go yesterday but one of my yoga friends wanted me to. She had just returned from her uncle's funeral (died from ALS) and she said it would be good for us. It was! I was in such a better frame of mind last night.

I had to laugh though at my cats. They always stayed upstairs because they were "afraid" of Jozi. She loved them but she was just so big she scared them. I thought Charlotte would venture downstairs but she just kept staying on the bottom step meowing and looking around. Wilbur isn't the brightest bulb so I figured he wouldn't even notice the change until Charlotte came down. Well, last night Wilbur just waltzed down and walked in my dd's room like he does it every day. Dewey was thrilled and they wrestled for an hour. He purred and walked all over the couch then went back upstairs. Charlotte still hasn't come down yet.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #21  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Does anybody else feel like this week is really grinding along? It seems like it took forever to get to Friday!

DS has been wrestling with ragweed pollen; we have finally found the right combo of the behind-the-counter Claritin D and stinging nettle extract. He looked much more alive this morning.

We're going into the crazy canning weekends. Last weekend DH got 44# of cabbage into the crocks, put up two bushels of tomatoes into stewed tomatoes and juice, plus 3 pints of ketchup. This weekend will be the salsa and marinara. That should do it for the tomatoes, so next weekend will probably be beets and applesauce. The kitchen will look like a murder scene was shot in it.

Needed a jacket for the first time this morning! It was 52.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It's so funny living here in the desert. I'm just starting my seeds for a garden this winter. So far about 75% have seeded and now I hope to keep them alive long enough to get in the ground in a month or so. The zucchini died. I have several tomatoes and peppers and a bunch of herbs. I doubt I'll have enough of anything to can. We'll just eat what we're able to harvest.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote