Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Yay for getting a chance to REVEL in your home. Now, is there the T-shirt underwear slide like Risky Business??!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
Yay for getting a chance to REVEL in your home. Now, is there the T-shirt underwear slide like Risky Business??!!
Nah - too cold! Floor to ceiling patio doors and two large windows make the living room the coldest (in terms of temps) in the house.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Dagmar-- I'm thrilled you were able to finally enjoy your new home!

Do you all like surprises? I don't do well with the anticipation!! Here's a little back story-- I am not required to go to the monthly staff meetings so I usually don't (outside of my working hours)-- once in awhile I will go if they need me to speak about something. They are having a staff meeting after school on Tuesday. We got an email saying that during the staff meeting they will be discussing what we want in a principal as our current principal is interim and she will be applying for the position along with other candidates. It all seems a little awkward because apparently a LOT of the staff wants to be on the interview committee-- I'm reading between the lines that maybe many people aren't thrilled with her. Anyway.... it is optional for me to go. I wasn't planning on it as that is the day I'm taking a sick day for medical stuff/my birthday/my sanity. The last thing I want to do is come back to school at 3:30. So, my principal sent me an email saying she hoped I'd be there (which was odd to begin with). I told her that no, I wouldn't, as I had scheduled medical tests and appointments that day. So, yesterday she calls me and asks if I can be at school early Friday as she wants to make an announcement and it has something to do with me. I said, yes, and she called a staff meeting for tomorrow morning-- asking for everyone to come to the staff room for "a breakfast treat and an announcement". What the heck!? What could it be? At first I thought it was that they were going to buy some new computers for the library. But they wouldn't call a special staff meeting for that! They've never done that. Everyone is speculating. I'm going insane wondering. I DO NOT like being the center of attention. Maybe it's about a lot of people and not just me, but the suspense is killing me!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #34  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

They've bypassed that time-consuming application form and interview process and you've been chosen to be Principal. That's my guess.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, Michele! Now the suspense is killing me!!!!

Dagmar~glad you're enjoying your new home!!!

Sitting here anticipating rain. The sun is shining. There are a few clouds around the edges of the valley. There is a slight breeze. IDK--storm of the century? It doesn't seem possible.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
They've bypassed that time-consuming application form and interview process and you've been chosen to be Principal. That's my guess.
Bite your tongue! I wouldn't want that position in 10 million years....
Old 02-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #37  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

allison, thanks for sharing that link! Neither of mine have a personality that would lend them to being "trained", although Jamie might jump if a potato chip was involved!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #38  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Principal Michelle,

It's not fair that I've gained pounds when it was silverbirch who first started talking about snacks. She should be punished, not me.

And I'm not to blame for missing exercise yesterday. It was cold outside - I can't be blamed for the weather.

And pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese dont' tell my mother. She's gonna take away my iPhone AND. I. WILL. JUST. DIE.

You're so nice. You've always been my favorite Principal.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Principal Michelle,

It's not fair that I've gained pounds when it was silverbirch who first started talking about snacks. She should be punished, not me.

And I'm not to blame for missing exercise yesterday. It was cold outside - I can't be blamed for the weather.

And pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese dont' tell my mother. She's gonna take away my iPhone AND. I. WILL. JUST. DIE.

You're so nice. You've always been my favorite Principal.
LOL Bill! Sounds about right. I had a funny one yesterday. I was reading a book about pets to a class. I asked them what an animal doctor is called and they chimed in veterinarian. I told them that when I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian and had worked for vets. One of the kids said, "Oh you decided to become a librarian because it's easier?"!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Oh, Michele! Now the suspense is killing me!!!!

Me too!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
LOL Bill! Sounds about right. I had a funny one yesterday. I was reading a book about pets to a class. I asked them what an animal doctor is called and they chimed in veterinarian. I told them that when I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian and had worked for vets. One of the kids said, "Oh you decided to become a librarian because it's easier?"!
I have a friend who is a pharmacisr. I asked her once why she picked that profession. Her answer she said,first she wanted to be a physician but she had a traumatic experience as a child and truly can't stand the sight of blood. Next she thought of becoming a vet but knew she could never put someones pet to sleep, so she became a pharmacist and still gets to wear a white coat.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Bill Are those your children or grandchildren you're quoting?

bargoo All sorts of people told me I should be a vet when I was a kid. I told all of them I didn't want to fix sick or injured animals and they were quite surprised.

Michele What ever it is I'm sure the surprise will be a nice one.

I think I'm coming down with something. I attributed it to the searing cold and howling winds I was in all day but they should make me tired, not feeling like . Hope I can shake it off - I start a pet sit on Monday and have too much to do before then to be sick.

Dagmar of
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #43  
Chuggin' along...

Michele, what happened this morning? The suspense is killing me too!

Just catching up for the week. I got home last night from several days away to a BF and dog very happy to see me. Pitiful those two. The dog doesn't usually let me get out of her sight but she was actually glued to my leg following me last night, BF not too far behind. Geez, I was only gone for 3 days. I must be loved. My meetings went pretty well, my presentation well received, and I got the chance to interact with some colleagues I don't see often. I went to the hotel gym the first morning and it was pitiful and boring as all get out. After that I spent my free time just trying to keep up with my classwork instead. So not too much activity but I ate fairly normally and didn't overeat (luckily not too many extra snacks given to us at the meeting). Even still I didn't hit my normal green veggie quota. I bought a lot of fresh veggies to restock the fridge on my way home. Tomorrow I'm running a 5K with a friend at our local fire department fundraiser.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

The promised rain has finally started falling. They said it would start at 2 or 3 AM but it waited until almost 6 AM and then it was just a drizzle, but steady. It was noticeably warmer during the night due to the cloud cover but once the rain started it cooled off considerably. Here's to hoping it rains and rains and rains all day and evening and then STOPS for tomorrow! They did interview the promoters of the music festival and they are erecting more tents than originally planned, so that is good (although it could be scary if the predicted wind picks up). And we found all our rain ponchos.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #45  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Nah - too cold! Floor to ceiling patio doors and two large windows make the living room the coldest (in terms of temps) in the house.

Dagmar
You could still reenact the slide in a snuggie! That video-image is what's in my brain now. Dagmar and Tom cruise, sliding in together. Tom gets the leopard-print snuggie.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote