Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #31  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just wanting to make sure that your lawyer told you, Dagmar, that you do not personally have to pay off your father's mortgage. Once the cash and assets in his estate are gone, they're gone. No more recourse. Let the mortgage holder in Estonia foreclose on the house if you can't gift it.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Just wanting to make sure that your lawyer told you, Dagmar, that you do not personally have to pay off your father's mortgage. Once the cash and assets in his estate are gone, they're gone. No more recourse. Let the mortgage holder in Estonia foreclose on the house if you can't gift it.
I'll have to talk to Lawyer #1 again about that when I go in to sign MY will. Maybe I'll stick with lawyer #2 regarding the esto property (the one who speaks Estonian) as he seems much more conversant with the legal situation over there than lawyer #1.

This all will be over soon - reno, move, settling the estate. I'm looking forward to getting on with my own life, even though right now that consists of work, eat, fall asleep in front of the TV. That will change.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #33  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Went to DS's high school open house on Wednesday to meet his teachers - I have to say, I've been sleeping a lot better since then. He has an amazing stable of passionate, energetic teachers that are going to be able to continue to give him the kind of challenges he had in private schoool. One massive worry off my list. The last biggie is reassuring myself that DS will continue to bring his best game.

I am leaving Monday for a corporate recruiting trip up to my alma mater - Michigan Tech. I get to spend a week frolicking in the beautiful Keewenaw at the prettiest time of year with a bunch of fast cars, meeting a bunch of young hotshots and trying to convince them that the automotive business is alive and well, and that my company is a great place to be.

Life is good. Very good.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Have a fun trip, Becky!

We had a bunch of salesmen in the office yesterday, one from Ireland. I overheard DH saying that our next trip will probably be to Scotland, Ireland and England. Oh, I do want to go there. England was one of my favorite places to visit. It won't be for a couple years, though. Gotta save time for DD's wedding first.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #35  

Hi all,
Nice to read about you all, even with all the many challenges! I'm selling my wedding chapel in a month but have a shot at being an announcer/producer on na statewide public radio network (mostly on the classical music side). Quite a roller coaster. Buying apartments for rental income, missing my old business, emotionallay exhausted. Still managing to maintain but not having much luck in weight loss. So this week I've cut out all sugar and overly fatty foods. No rtestaurfants for twelve days (I'm on day four). Really want to lose last year's "winter weight" while I can! Oh and BTW we count our blessings as we have escaped the Colorado floods. Many friends not so lucky!
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm so cranky this morning I pretty much started crying on the way to work but stopped myself because it would mess up my makeup!

Yesterday I was doing bikram yoga and my foot started acting up a bit. I wiggled it some and it seemed okay. After I got home it started killing me and I can't put any pressure on it. Seriously!? I have no idea what even happened. And my weight is up. And I'm "backed up". And my fat jeans are tight on me. Just feeling sorry for myself but I really want a pity party and to just pig out. I'm mad at my body for betraying me I think. I feed it well. I exercise. And my weight goes up and I get random injuries? So, no exercise today obviously. I hope it goes away on its own but I'm at work and severely cranky. Hopefully no one gets on my nerves today.

traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #37  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

michele, Hope your day goes as quietly as possible, and the foot quits playing games with you!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #38  
Workin' It

Something from Leigh Peele that is talking to me right now:

"Looking below, you can gain some examples of what can take place when you have been in a deficit too long. It should be noted most of these things can be general side effects of fat loss or completely separate issues all together. This is not a list to diagnose or confirm any particular illness or disease and is based on review literature and anecdotal evidence.

Sudden inability to complete workouts at standard performing level
Stalled fat loss
Increase in fluid retention on a regular basis
Feeling unmotivated and lacking energy
Increased susceptibility to colds, sore throats and other illnesses
Decrease body temperature from previous normal levels
Alterations in appetite
Decrease in performance
Insomnia
Aches or pain in the muscles and/or joints
Fatigue
Headaches
Elevated morning pulse
Disordered eating habits/thoughts"
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #39  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,
This week I started a conversation with my supervisor about getting more support/help for the amounts of field work I do. I thought she listened, then she scheduled me for many more things in the next month. As you guys have probably figured out I'm frustrated with the unrealistic amounts of work heaped onto me... so I'm trying to keep this conversation going and will bring it up again. I'm not sure if I posted since I didn't post a lot over the summer, but I actually made myself sick trying to do too much over the summer. This can't continue.

In that light I'm excited that it's Friday! I've got a scalloping trip planned tomorrow with friends that will be lots of fun. The rest of the time, the usual exercise/walk the dog/hang with BF/house chores/get organizing for upcoming rehearsals applies. What are everyone's weekend plans?

Becky, enjoy your shmoozing. I can only imagine how lovely Michigan is this time of year. Anyplace cooler than FL sounds divine. My mom has gotten a promotion this year and gets to travel more for her job. I'm meeting her in Bermuda next month! She's going to China too, but I'm not invited on that trip.

Michele, sorry about all of your woes. Since you can't work out today, how about spending that time you would normally workout doing something nice for yourself to help your body rest and recover. An extra hour of sleep? Some meditation or listening to music you love? A bubble bath with a good book? Maybe some extra healthy fats to satiate you when you're munchy and cranky, and also to help your body heal itself? (I almost always skimp on fat when I cut calories, so I try extra hard to build it into my diet/when I'm cranky that's the first food group I consider needing.) Glad DS's new school year is looking so good.

(Note to self: Take own advice here re: treating oneself nicely when cranky/overstressed.)

Hey Chris, this radio gig sounds like it has great possibilities! Keep us posted! Sometimes maintaining our weight is the best we can do when there's a lot going on, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maintenance is a victory. I'm so glad the floods have missed you. It sounds like a terrible situation.

Shannon, I love Leigh Peele. She is very inspiring and a bad-a$$.

Have a great weekend all.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #40  
Workin' It

Oops - I put the Leigh Peele thing in the wrong thread. We were talking about it in the 5-10. LOL

Chris - the radio gig does sound fantastic!

Michele - I'm sorry for your stress, honey.

Becky - glad the open house went well! Enjoy your business trip next week.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Megan-- I think I will go home after work and take a bubble bath! Dh and I are going out for sushi tonight but I should have time before.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote