3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Staying Slim for Summer Part II (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/258693-maintainers-staying-slim-summer-part-ii.html)

alinnell 05-29-2012 10:44 AM

For my friends who are not on Facebook and want to see the video, here is the YouTube link: Chico Fetching as a Tripawd

bargoo 05-29-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 4350616)
For my friends who are not on Facebook and want to see the video, here is the YouTube link: Chico Fetching as a Tripawd

Thanks for sharing. Chico looks like he is doing well at least he is enjoying fetching.

Shannon in ATL 05-29-2012 12:02 PM

I love the video of Chico. That is awesome. :)

ICUwishing 05-29-2012 12:10 PM

36 days to the Fourth of July! I've decided to join my first weight loss challenge over in the 40-somethings. Never been much for deadlines ... and commitment's not exactly my strong suit either. I've just been handed some serious motivation, though - DH's uncle and his wife are having a 50th-anniversary celebration on July 7, in Wisconsin. Nothing like a little family adventure to get one on the path to discipline. Especially since DH decided that this event is more important than his son's 13th birthday, and the paintball party we were planning. :mad:

traveling michele 05-29-2012 04:25 PM

I hate "fat" days. I hate that I still have them even after losing weight.

I just feel fat today. Maybe it's what I'm wearing. Maybe it's fluid retention. I have been changing my lunches to non chicken meals as I'm debating becoming a pescatarian. However, I know I'm eating more carbs. I'm wondering if that could cause bloat/ water retention? Ugghhh....

Mudpie 05-29-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICUwishing (Post 4350755)
36 days to the Fourth of July! I've decided to join my first weight loss challenge over in the 40-somethings. Never been much for deadlines ... and commitment's not exactly my strong suit either. I've just been handed some serious motivation, though - DH's uncle and his wife are having a 50th-anniversary celebration on July 7, in Wisconsin. Nothing like a little family adventure to get one on the path to discipline. Especially since DH decided that this event is more important than his son's 13th birthday, and the paintball party we were planning. :mad:

That's such a hard one Becky. Your son has lots of birthdays to come (although his first "teen" birthday should be an event) but maybe the aunt and uncle don't have that many anniversaries left? Perhpas your son's celebration could be on the weekend before the anniversary, so that his birthday is not overshadowed by it? What a hard call.

Sometimes I'm glad I never had kids.

Dagmar :dizzy:

bargoo 05-29-2012 07:57 PM

Becky, I doubt if your DH thinks your son is not as important as the aunt and uncle. I suspect you didn't know about the anniversary party when you were planning his birthday party. I hope DS is OK to move it to another day. Is there anything in Wisconsin that would be special for him ? Find something there for him and still have the paintball party when you get home.

Sheila53 05-29-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

It's great to watch him having so much fun. He looks to be in excellent shape. We get so many overweight Labs at the shelter where I volunteer. Surprisingly, we tested two "tripawd" dogs today with one only a week out from surgery--it's so amazing how they adapt.

Megan1982 05-29-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

What a cute video! Thanks for posting. Glad Chico is wagging and back to his favorite pasttime. Of course I had to watch a few of the other dog videos that were nearby. Dogs are great for a smile anytime.

I had a really fun long weekend. I danced, went to the beach, hung out with friends, grilled, and drank a little bit of beer yesterday. I am really tired and about to go to bed early tonight.

It is really summer here, hot and humid. I was forced to cut the dog's walks very short all weekend, despite getting up early to walk her in the cooler AM hours and carrying water with us. Oh Florida in the summertime. Why do I live here again?

ICUwishing 05-30-2012 09:31 AM

dagmar, thanks - yes, and I do agree with you that a 50th anniversary is a key milestone. DS has been trained from long ago that "special days" can float relative to the calendar, so moving his birthday really isn't a big deal. Heck, my dad and I are usually happy if we can get the right SEASON. :D

bargoo, if I can find a hotel with a pool in Wisconsin, DS will be perfectly content. I'm not all that bent out of shape about it; what I wrote was a little too soon after the BBQ, at which DH''s side of the family figured rather prominently in some of the aggravations (which led to too much drinking, which led to too much eating). But that's another story in itself.

For the dog owners - is it appropriate when going to someone else's house (even if they are family) to let your dog into their house without an invitation? I need a gut check here. One of the reasons I ended up drinking so much was getting a first-hand look at how well golden retrievers (even really, really nice ones) and PET RABBITS mix up close and personal. Fortunately, no one got hurt. Except my liver.

bargoo 05-30-2012 10:32 AM

Becky, I am a dog lover but I do not think I should take my dog into someone elses home without an invitation.

ICUwishing 05-30-2012 10:39 AM

thanks, bargoo - I love dogs too! If I'd known she was coming (I was given NO warning) I could have moved the rabbit cage to a safe location ahead of time. Lucy's an awesome dog ... but I have a prey animal for a pet, and we came awfully close to a tragedy on Sunday that I thought general etiquette could have easily prevented.

traveling michele 05-30-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICUwishing (Post 4352007)

For the dog owners - is it appropriate when going to someone else's house (even if they are family) to let your dog into their house without an invitation? I need a gut check here. One of the reasons I ended up drinking so much was getting a first-hand look at how well golden retrievers (even really, really nice ones) and PET RABBITS mix up close and personal. Fortunately, no one got hurt. Except my liver.

I would never bring one of my dogs to anyone's house without express permission first. That seems like a no brainer. Glad no one got hurt!

Mudpie 05-30-2012 10:46 AM

Becky I'm so glad the rabbits were OK. All dog owners should have their animals under control and it's never OK (in my book at least) to bring another pet of any kind to a gathering without first checking with the hosts to make sure it's OK. It's also perfectly acceptabale for the host to politely refuse to let pets come over, no matter how nice or well-behaved they are.

Dagmar :dizzy:

Megan1982 05-30-2012 11:15 AM

Becky, I would never bring my dog to a person's house or yard if they weren't expressly invited/I'd gotten permission. Especially if they have pets. We love our dogs but it's our responsibility to be realistic about their behavior as well - e.g. Emma would totally chase your rabbit, so I wouldn't let her near it! Very rude on their part.

A follow-up "Next time, we'd appreciate it if you could leave (dog's name) at home" would not be out of line at all, if you haven't said that already.