Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Becky, you can do it!

I was mostly OP in my food. Still had wine. Albeit less than usual. Perhaps I'll skip the dessert that this Nutrisystem thing says I should have (it REALLY is making me want it each and every night and I used to be a once-in-a-while type dessert person).
Old 02-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #362  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Allison, there's a woman over on the Beck board who has ended up binging on NS desserts. I don't remember the whole story but she thinks they are dangerous.

Ooh ooh Becky! Good idea not to weigh yourself till Monday. Beaming healthy vibes your way.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I'm still hanging on, not giving up.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #364  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

allison - my plan includes 4 oz of red wine. It's the rest of the bottle that's off-plan! Re the NS desserts, it's probably their way of appealing to those with the permanent sweet tooth who get frantic without something. I'm with you - it's an easy habit to get into, and a bear to break.

silver - thank you! I think this might have been the incident that pushed me off the aforementioned cliff, so any "safety net/soft landing" thoughts are much welcomed.

bargoo - thumbs up! You're very close to getting rid of the "pesky 13" you were targeting when you opened the thread!

Last night, I planned, yes planned, to get on the treadmill. I put out my clothes, I set my running shoes and iPad down by the treadmill, I checked it out to make sure it was good to go ... and this morning, I executed the plan. I did "Killer Intervals #3" for 28 minutes, which (brace yourselves, fit people) was 2 minute alternates of 2.2 and 3.8mph. I got a light sweat out of the deal, and zero pain, and good memories of how the day is starting so far. I'm actually quite a lot more awake for 9am than usual. One step forward!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #365  

Becky, Great way to start the day !Keep on keeping on !
Old 02-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Allison, there's a woman over on the Beck board who has ended up binging on NS desserts. I don't remember the whole story but she thinks they are dangerous.
Thankfully I'm not a binge-type person. I did forego the dessert last night. But you're correct--they are dangerous. There are a couple that are so, so good--more like eating a candy bar (and the same calories for the most part) so I wonder about the logic of "making" us eat them. When I diet, I prefer real, healthy food--not candy. On the other hand, the meals they make are quite good, although I wonder if I could do it myself and have the same calorie/protein/fat ratio as they seem to come up with. Something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I'm still hanging on, not giving up.
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
allison - my plan includes 4 oz of red wine. It's the rest of the bottle that's off-plan! Re the NS desserts, it's probably their way of appealing to those with the permanent sweet tooth who get frantic without something. I'm with you - it's an easy habit to get into, and a bear to break.

Last night, I planned, yes planned, to get on the treadmill. I put out my clothes, I set my running shoes and iPad down by the treadmill, I checked it out to make sure it was good to go ... and this morning, I executed the plan. I did "Killer Intervals #3" for 28 minutes, which (brace yourselves, fit people) was 2 minute alternates of 2.2 and 3.8mph. I got a light sweat out of the deal, and zero pain, and good memories of how the day is starting so far. I'm actually quite a lot more awake for 9am than usual. One step forward!
The rest of the bottle--yes, that's my problem as well. I did much, much better last night and will slowly wean myself. I feel pretty good about myself if I can make a bottle last two days. Three might be stretching it!

And I love your plan for the treadmill! And good for you to execute it! I've been planning and planning and not executing anything. LOL on your speed! But then, you don't really want to overdo it the first time! Nothing worse than being sore to make you not get the next workout done.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #367  
Recovering Pantry Pest

On target tonight for calories. Day two.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #368  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
On target tonight for calories. Day two.
Like!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #369  

[quote=ICUwishing;4207983]On target tonight for calories. Day two.[/quote

Good job !

Last edited by bargoo; 02-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #370  
Recovering Pantry Pest

I'm embarassed to admit this, but I am actually sore from yesterday. Yes, that's how soft and fluffy I've gotten. I'm weirdly inspired - the bar is so low for improvement, heck, the only place I can go is up! I will go at it again tomorrow, and I'll stay at that level until I'm not sore. Then it's on to "Killer Intervals 4", whatever that is. I considered getting on the scale this morning, then decided that there wasn't any point to it. I am "getting right" with the things in my control; what the scale does, frankly, is not. I don't want that piece of the head game right now - everything feels positive and I can wait until Monday.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #371  

Becky, you are doing great. I know you will see positive results.
My scale reluctantly let go of a little bit more poundage, I am now at a 12.4 loss.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #372  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I had a one-hour massage last night from Patty at one of the many day spas that have sprung up in this area over the past five years or so. I haven't gone for one in probably over a year, and I completely forgot how much a massage improves my disposition and my general outlook on life. Also, I forgot how very thorough they can be, and how happy I was that she didn't stop till everything was done.

Apparently, I carry all my tension on my left side. "This side doesn't like me," Patty said, while ironing out a knot somewhere around my left shoulder blade. Seriously, that's what it felt like -- I was a blouse spread out on an ironing board, receiving the benefit of Patty's forearm strength. Immediately afterward, I made another appointment for the end of the month.

Becky, weren't you the lucky woman who recently went for a series of massages? I can easily see myself becoming addicted to this. And today I notice I'm less sore than I'd usually be after my Tuesday morning lifting session, which is all kinds of pushups and usually leaves my chest muscles really tender.

Last edited by saef; 02-08-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #373  
Recovering Pantry Pest

saef, yes, that was me! The therapist I saw used myofascial release on everything that had to do with my funky shoulder. The day after the first time, I felt like I'd been in a car wreck. Second time, not so much, and my shoulder still has issues, but it doesn't wake me up at night. I'm thinking monthly appts will be a new staple! This is clearly something I need, that I have not been getting.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

About 5 years ago DH worked at a corporate job that had benefits. I was able to go for a massage once a month for about 6 months. AHHHH! The masseuse worked out of her home. I was so comfortable by the end of the second session that I fell asleep . I carry all of my tension in my neck - it's like a steel cable all the time. By the end of the 6 months it was actually a bit more like a regular neck. We're back to steel cable now. I have a Groupon for a massage - must book that around my birthday.

We are waiting for the C-PAP machine guy. I hope the machine helps with DH's snoring. We both need to increase our sleep and decrease our caffeine.

Good hump evening all!

Dagmar
Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #375  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Day three in the OP box - 1143 calories of good foods; I'm sure I'll be hungry for breakfast! Blood work from last week came back, and while it ain't the worst ... it cements the need for a permanent overhaul in my exercise routine. I am looking forward to the retake in 6 months. I'm very, very glad to have all of you - as role models and friends. Thank you.
Closed Thread