Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #1  
Meg

Default 2011 Hopes, Dreams, Plans, Resolutions and Goals

Last edited by Meg; 11-27-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

1 year from today i will be a healthier thinner me!!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I don't believe in resolutions, but I do have a "would like" list.

- I would like to spend more time outdoors and less time indoors like a cave-dweller in front of the computer.

- I would like to keep my work load reasonable, so that I can actually have two days off work in a row. (I'm self-employed, but that often translates into overworked.)

- I would like to spend more time in meditation and contemplation to improve my spiritual consciousness.

- I would like to make more friends offline.

Jay
Old 12-31-2010, 05:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I love resolutions each year. I prioritize the areas that are most important to me, make definable goals for each area, steps to be take, with dates. For me, this is the difference between a goal and a wish.

I have been enriched from this process over the years. Quarterly, I reassess my progress and make needed adjustments. Successful businesses do these steps. Spiritual directors use the same formula. Just copying from the best for my own personal use.

I was working on my list at lunch today. It will take all weekend, carefully thinking and planning, then inputting it into my pda with timely reminders.

Love this thread.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I will continue this new healthy lifestyle I've made for myself.

I will not binge eat in 2011.

I will become a better parent. I feel like I give in too easily to my 2 year old and I think I need to work on who's really the parent in this relationship.

I will teach my son how to eat properly. He's the pickiest eater on the planet and it's leading to some very bad habits.

I will communicate better with my loved ones.

It's really nice not to see "I will lose weight" this year

Good luck everyone and happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

1. Hike at least 1 Colorado 14er
2. Be the same weight this time next year
3. Hold my kids accountable for helping around the house and cooking
4. Start my marriage/family therapy pre-reqs
Old 01-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #7  
Workin' It

I don't love the concept of 'resolutions', but I'm good with listing my hopes, dreams and goals for the year.

1) I will get back to running this year - Georgia Half Marathon, Peachtree Road Race, Acworth Turkey Trot, 1.1.2012 Resolution Run, and maybe the Locomotive Race Series (all in my hometown - a 5K, 10K, 15K & Half Marathon starting 2/20/2011 and ending 2/19/2012).

2) I will relearn how to plan (and actually do) instead of react - from food to diet to exercise to finances.

3) Get my heels closer to the ground in downward facing dog this year.

4) Find my ideal maintenance weight - I've jumped up and down and up and down and in two years still haven't found the right balance. This year I want to find balance.

5) Not accrue any more long term debt in 2011, and hopefully pay down some of what I already have. We'll try this one again this year.

6) Continue to provide healthy meals for my child, whether he eats them or not. With constant exposure maybe one day he will eat. (ncuneo - I feel you on picky, mine is 5 and meal time often lasts several hours.)
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Happy New Year!

Quote:
I don't believe in resolutions, but I do have a "would like" list.

- I would like to keep my work load reasonable, so that I can actually have two days off work in a row. (I'm self-employed, but that often translates into overworked.)

- I would like to spend more time in meditation and contemplation to improve my spiritual consciousness.

- I would like to make more friends offline.

Jay
Me too - thanks Jay! And I'm adding one more entirely my own and it's an "I will"

- I will review everything I'm intending to post before hitting "Submit Reply". I want to cut down on any whining and negativity I'm expressing. Not totally erase it all (we all have to vent a bit) but keep it in check.

Dagmar
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #9  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I'm not great with resolutions either but as for hopes, dreams and plans, well:-

1. I'm planning, hoping and dreaming that in 2011 I will reach my final goal weight of 132lbs and enter into full on maintenance, with a red line of 137lbs, meaning 8lbs to lose as of today.
2. I'm planning to continue exercising more or less as often as I have in 2010, 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule. I'm also planning to adjust my exercise schedule to include new classes I haven't tried before, and increase my running distance to 10k.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

My goals are:

1. Read one nonfiction book per quarter.
2. Organize my recipe notebooks.
3. Do not bake cookies or make fudge over holidays.
4. Eat the 105-115 grams of protein each day (dr. ordered).

My hope (and plan) is:

That I can limit my sugar consumption to birthdays, my anniversary, Thanksgiving and Christmas (as in those two days) and quit eating for comfort.

That I have no new health issues this year and resolve some current ones.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #11  
No description available.

I didn't participate in this thread last year, which was strange for me.

2010 was quite a transitional year. Lots of changes with the kids, DH's education and work (still waiting on final word for that!), upheaval at my job, 3 deaths in the family, dealing with past trauma. But I've weathered it all okay and I'm ready to seize that control I can and release that which I cannot control. This is my life, afterall.

Hmmm.....I've had a painful year as far as weight management goes. I've been actively avoiding jeans cause I know I've gained weight. But the thing about weight gain is that it is noticeable to other people. My MIL bought be jeans for Christmas and they are size 14. They are a little loose, but 2 years ago I was in 8s. So.....yeah. I'm sad and I have noone to blame but myself. I'm writng this here so I can see it again next year.

Realistic goals for 2011:
1) Daily weighing
2) Lift weights post call. I'm usually tired and I just don't. But the way my life is, if I don't, then I just end up lifting 2 days in a row, which is not ideal. My other exercise is okay. I need that 3rd lifting day a week and I need it to be a few days away from my other weightlifting opportunities.
3) Write fiction 1 hr a day, 5 days a week.
4) Plan what I eat, eat what I plan.

So, realistic, measurable, should all be effective based on past experience.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #12  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I don't love the concept of 'resolutions', but I'm good with listing my hopes, dreams and goals for the year.

1) I will get back to running this year - Georgia Half Marathon, Peachtree Road Race, Acworth Turkey Trot, 1.1.2012 Resolution Run, and maybe the Locomotive Race Series (all in my hometown - a 5K, 10K, 15K & Half Marathon starting 2/20/2011 and ending 2/19/2012).

2) I will relearn how to plan (and actually do) instead of react - from food to diet to exercise to finances.

3) Get my heels closer to the ground in downward facing dog this year.

4) Find my ideal maintenance weight - I've jumped up and down and up and down and in two years still haven't found the right balance. This year I want to find balance.

5) Not accrue any more long term debt in 2011, and hopefully pay down some of what I already have. We'll try this one again this year.

6) Continue to provide healthy meals for my child, whether he eats them or not. With constant exposure maybe one day he will eat. (ncuneo - I feel you on picky, mine is 5 and meal time often lasts several hours.)
Well, it is almost the end of 2011.. How did I do on my goals?

1. I did get back to my running. I ran a 5k in February which was a perfectly flat PR, a half marathon in March, a 5k on Mother's Day, a 5 miler in May, a 10k Father's Day, the Peachtree Road Race (10k) on July 4th, a 15k in September, a 5k in November (almost beat the PR), a 10k on Thanksgiving Day that was a PR. I'm registered already for a 10k on New Years Day and a half in February.

2. Hit or miss on the planning. Did great at the first of the year, faltered during late summer/early fall, am getting back to it now.

3. Got closer to the ground, absolutely, by about half the distance I had last year. Don't think I'll ever get there, though.

4. Failed on this. Have gained, and need to get back down (see impact of not planning). I have built some muscle, so when I settle back down my range will be higher than two years ago, but lower than right now.

5. Didn't pay down much, but didn't accrue any more either. I'm going to count that as mostly a win.

6. Better on providing the healthy meals, he just doesn't eat them. I give up.

On to 2012, with a new goal thread soon. I might just start it today.
Closed Thread