Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #16  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Sweet craving

Medifast Brownies are to DIE for. They come in singe-serving packets, are loaded with protein and vital nutrients, are low(ish) carb, cook quickly in the microwave, and are DELICIOUS!

You can get them from Medifast1.com or sometimes people sell individual packets on eBay or Craigslist.

Also at dietdirect.com you can purchase WonderSlim chocolate cake. I haven't had it but I have heard it is amazing. Not as nutritious as Medifast, but high in protein, low-calorie, microwaveable, and delicious. WonderSlim chocolate pudding is great too, high in protein and low calorie. Much healthier than the sugar-free puddings at the store.

I have already decided that when I get to my maintenance weight, I am going to stick with some of my favorite Medifast and WonderSlim products because they are so good! I can eat a tasty snack without going on a high calorie, mac-out-on-carbs binge. Even if I splurge and have TWO, no harm done. I am actually looking forward to that part of maintenance.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 08-09-2011 at 11:33 AM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I blitz a frozen banana (peel, cut, freeze in baggies) with 1/2T of chunky unsalted/unsweetened natural peanut butter. It's the best ice cream ever. My daughter likes it better than real ice cream and she likes a dollop of nutella in it.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 168/121/112

Height: 5"2

I find low calorie hot chocolate works for me and its only 40 cals a cup! and if u need it any sweeter just add the low cal sweetener yummmmy
prillabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #19  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting! (hit me up if you want the recipe) YUM!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #20  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniFluffy View Post
Do they turn like ice cream?
The regular brand is more like a fudgesicle, because of the ice crystals.

The mousse brand is a little more like ice cream because the texture is finer and has a fattier mouth-feel.

But remember, I've got dieter's goggles.

I'm trying to draw an analogy with beer goggles.

You know how drinking a lot of beer can make someone of the opposite sex look more attractive? So you're looking at them through beer goggles?

Well, not eating full-fat, full-sugar foods like real ice cream for a long time may have given me & possibly other people on this thread dieter's goggles when we are eating things like a frozen grape, frozen banana, frozen sugarfree Jell-O, a yogurt cup frozen, etc.

Someone used to Hagen-Dasz is probably not gonna be real happy if they make the transition the next day to a frozen sugarfree Jell-O cup & kinda hope for the same experience.

Me, I'm happy as long as I don't think of the half-gallons I used to go through in lieu of dinner on hot summer nights ... when I weighed over 240 pounds.

Last edited by saef; 08-09-2011 at 02:43 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote