Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

Jay - Thanks for your input! I can't see another doctor until the beginning of 2011 for insurance reasons, but then hopefully they will be able to figure some stuff out!

And to the OP, I agree with xty about finding a caloric intake that is comfortable/livable for you, and that means not being hungry all the time! As long as you get plenty of protein and enough fat I'm sure your body is trying to tell you somethiing with all that hunger, you might just have to experiment a little bit to find out what will make it happy.
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #17  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Thanks everyone. I think it was TOM related. Here I am two weeks later, nothing is different (although I'm up to 142 as of this am) and I feel fine. I've noticed this cycle with me related to my weight, hunger/energy level and where I am in my cycle. Right before my period I'm ravenous and lose weight like crazy. During, I'm bingy and bloated. After the water weight comes off and I'm not hungry at all for about 2 weeks and then it starts all over again. So there is clearly a hormonal relationship. I'll just have to keep that in mind and up my cals around that time if necessary. I was feeling really weak during that week, but this week with no extra cals I feel fine. I'm really really happy at this calorie level so if it means I lose a few more lbs oh well. I don't want to eat more at this point just to maintain 145, I just don't think I can handle it, and I really like eating lower during the week so I can have a bit more freedom on the weekends.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #18  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

From One Runner to Another, you may be just experiencing the Ravenous from two completely sepereate issues. Not because you are not eating enough in your day, just the need to refuel afterwards. Because your body weight is sustainable with your caloric intake or maybe even still able to lose a little, your body might be using your fuel differently now that there is 'less' stored fuel *fat* . Eat what you have been and listen to your body, if you're running faster - you will burn more and will need those extra 100-200 calories because of it. Good Luck
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote