3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   No Excuses - Maintainers Food and Exercise Accountability in April! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/198243-no-excuses-maintainers-food-exercise-accountability-april.html)

midwife 04-22-2010 10:05 AM

Usually, no. I like the crunch (and volume) of raw cabbage. I might steam some for DD#2 cause she prefers it that way.

Oh, cabbage, how I love thee!!

paperclippy 04-23-2010 09:10 AM

Friday:
B - oatmeal, raisins, apple butter, skim milk
L - @work - salad w/italian dressing, 2 squares veggie pizza, 2 squares cheese, small choc chip cookie (like, Chips Ahoy size)
S - banana
D - leftover curry & rice, chinese broccoli, beer
E - dog walk

midwife 04-26-2010 11:34 AM

So I still haven't actually made the turkey chili, but the turkey is now defrosted so it's happening tonight!

Today:
2 eggs, spinach, tomato, sweet potato
Turkey and cheese, sweet potato
protein shake
turkey chili over cabbage (yes, really!)
1 hr weights.

paperclippy 04-26-2010 01:02 PM

Saturday:
L - @DH's grandma's house - chicken soup, carrots, oranges, two cookies
D - @cooking club - various tapas assortment, let's see if I can remember. Two glasses of wine, some olive bread, a couple slices of cheese, three meatballs, some shrimp, three mussels, a little salad, some potatoes with tomato sauce, a few cucumber/feta bites, some chicken, bacon-wrapped dates, wedge of tortilla espanola, and a few too many sweet cheese puffs
E - dog walk, half hour swim in the afternoon

Sunday:
S - granola bar
L - leftover pasta
S - leftover cucumber bites, slice of bread
D - chili, asparagus, macaroni
S - bread + butter
E - long dog walk at the mutt strut

Monday:
B - oatmeal, raisins, pumpkin butter, skim milk
L - chili, macaroni
S - apple
S - (pre-run) slice of bread
D - red beans & rice, chinese broccoli
S - half slice of bread w/margarine, half cup of milk
E - 2 mile run

mandalinn82 04-26-2010 01:45 PM

Had a lovely, mostly OP weekend - lots of exercise, lots of yardwork, and one celebratory meal out for my mom's birthday, balanced with a lighter day calorie-wise otherwise.

Plan for today:
B - Bagel thin w/ cream cheese, turkey, sliced strawberries
S - Sliced turkey, strawberries, cheddar cheese stick
L - Tuna melt on light sourdough or bagel thin w/ reduced fat cheddar, carrot sticks
S - Protein shake w/ strawberries
D - Pork tenderloin, whole wheat couscous with onion and golden raisins, roasted asparagus
S - NSA Ice Cream

E - 80 min megarun, yoga if there is time

paperclippy 04-27-2010 09:59 AM

Tuesday:
L - macaroni and chili
S - apple
D - 2 hot dogs w/ketchup & bun, asparagus, green beans, a couple left over fingerling potatoes
S - spoon of PB (<1T)
E - strength day, plus dog walk

mandalinn82 04-27-2010 12:07 PM

POP Yesterday, happy scale this morning.

B - Bagel thin, cream cheese, turkey
S - Protein bar? Not sure, I ran out of yogurt.
L - Leftovers: Pork tenderloin, couscous with onion and golden raisins, asparagus
S - Protein Shake
D - Giant salad - grilled steak, asparagus, peppers, squash, with broccoli, carrot, cucumber, snap peas, croutons, TJ's Parm Ranch dressing
S - NSA Ice Cream, Strawberries

E - 70 min cardio, 70 min strength

Shannon in ATL 04-27-2010 12:20 PM

I am zip for accountability this month.

I have some baby bok choy I need to cook before it goes bad. Best option to steam it with some broth and oil?

paperclippy 04-27-2010 12:24 PM

Shannon, I have some baby bok choi in my fridge too! It is good steamed with a little bit of soy sauce, but I usually use it in stir frys (fries?). My standard stir-fry "recipe" is to use a little bit of canola oil, add in garlic and minced ginger (I buy it in a jar to save time), then stir-fry whatever veggies/meat/etc I have on hand, and add a little soy sauce at the end. Teriyaki sauce also works, or sometimes I pull together a sauce from various other recipes I have. I was planning to stir fry my bok choi with some tofu and mushrooms, and serve it over rice.

Another thing you can try if you are going to steam it is to put some sliced ginger and/or garlic in the steamer basket underneath the bok choi. That way some of the flavor will come into the veggies while it cooks. You can also add soy sauce to the steaming liquid.

paperclippy 04-28-2010 10:49 AM

Munchies last night again. Did I really need to eat TWO hot dogs? No.

Wednesday:
L - leftover red beans & rice
S - apple, banana for pre-bike energy
S (post-bike) - slice of rye bread with about 1 tsp PB
D - chicken with capers, plus pasta, mushrooms, green beans, asparagus
E - 10 mile bike ride (49:30)

midwife 04-28-2010 11:15 AM

On a roll, on a roll.

Yesterday:
oatmeal, protein powder, blueberries, pnb
greek yogurt, PB&J
turkey chili, cabbage
pear
hamburger patty, mixed veggies, sweet potato and white potato oven "fries"
3 mile run

Down a pound this am. :carrot:

Today:
english muffin, jam, morningstar sausage patties
greek yogurt, 1/2 PB&J
hamburger, mixed veggies, leftover sweet potato and white potato oven "fries"
pear
ground turkey over veggies, avocado

exercise TBD

I feel great. My body feels good, my life is more organized, I have no guilt or anxiety or negative stress over food. And the scale is happy too.

mandalinn82 04-28-2010 12:23 PM

Yay for being on a roll! I'm on a roll, too! Down 3 lbs from last month, lots of good exercise. It's a good month!

Plan for today -
B - Bagel thin w/ cream cheese, turkey
S - Low sugar yogurt w strawberries
L - Leftover: Giant salad w/ grilled carne asade, veggies, mmm
S - Salami, RF cheese, strawberries
S - Protein shake
D - Frittata with bacon, green garlic, leek, asparagus, broccoli, and a side salad.
S - NSA Ice Cream

E - 80 min cardio, yofa

Shannon in ATL 04-28-2010 12:30 PM

Thanks Jessica! Going to give that a try!

midwife 04-29-2010 10:25 AM

The roll continues!

Excercise yesterday was 20 30-yard all out sprints (well, as all out as I could go at the time. Probably if a velociraptor was after me, I might have gone a touch faster, but just for a second!) Dinner morphed into a leftover cheeseburger patty, a red bell pepper, some grape tomatoes, some mozzarella cubes, and a quarter cup of spaghetti. And five small Easter egg malt balls (really, really? I should just dump the rest of the Easter candy. The kids don't care anymore. They wouldn't even miss it!)

Today:
sweet potato, red chile, avocado, protein shake
coffee
eggs, spinach, either beans OR a tortilla, red chile
babybel, fruit
dinner? Ground turkey (that I didn't cook last night)

Exercise:
weights
a run if I have time

paperclippy 04-29-2010 11:38 AM

My legs are super-sore. But I proved to myself that I can still ride 10 miles on my bike in the same amount of time I was doing for races last summer. Now I'm not so worried about this summer's triathlons, since I know I can swim the distance I need to, bike the distance I need to, and run the distance I need to. Now I just have to do them all in a row!

Thursday:
L - leftover pasta, chicken, asparagus, green beans, mushrooms
S - banana, piece of baguette
D - stir fry with tofu, baby bok choi, mushrooms, green beans, and rice
E - taking a rest since my legs are so sore. Dog walk.