Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-12-2010, 05:35 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default I broke down big time

and sobbed like a baby or like someone who has completely turned their life around or one who's went from utter misery to utter joy, from constant worries and anxiety to lightness and carefreeness, from mopey and depressed-ish to energetic, productive and full of stamina. from one who's gone from self conscious to full of self worth, self respect, self confidence, self pride and just plain old MYself..

I was shopping with my daughters for a gown for me for DD#1's wedding. Well I finally made a decision and was ready to order a dressand was being measured. First of all, the seamstress kept on calling my peanut. Anyway, we're in the middle of measuring and I say, wait a sec, how is the back going to look on me, I can't tell. The reason I can't tell - well the sample was waaay too big on me, so they clip it in the back to give you an idea what it will look like, but then you really can't tell what the back will look like, cause it's all clipped. The seamstress says to me, what are you worried about, you've got nothing there, you're going to look fabulous. She then continues to take my measurements and tells me I have the perfect body. Okay - I lost it. Just lost it.

This whole thing has been very emotional for me, because as I stated many times, one of the things I used to lie awake at night worrying about was how I would get through my daughter's wedding (if I were lucky enough to live that long) being SO heavy. I always worried what I would wear and where I would find a tent big enough and dressy to wear. How would I feel good about myself? How would I even have enough strength, energy and stamina for all of the planning and the actual event itself???

Well, after me having such a hard time deciding on dresses because, well, ummm,, I kinda looked pretty darn good in all of them, and then her calling me peanut, and all the other comments, I just busted - and broke down and cried and cried. My poor daughters. I've always said they've been SO supportive of me, but they really can't imagine the scope of how different I feel NOW as opposed to then, morbidly obese then. I am just so grateful to be this way and to feel this way.

Just had to share.

Here's a picture of the dress. I just can't believe that I, me, yes ME, could wear such a dress. It's like a dream come true, only better. What do you think?

http://www.bestbridalprices.com/imag...rge/12276.html

Last edited by rockinrobin; 02-12-2010 at 06:32 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

The dress is stunning Robin and you'll be stunning in it! Aww! I wanna see pics!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #3  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

That is a flat-out gorgeous dress, and you will, of course, look flat-out gorgeous in it.

People who have what it takes to make their dreams come true, and their nightmares fade away are incredibly inspirational. Congratulations!
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Robin - first of all the dress is gorgeous. You are going to be looking so, so beautiful for this special day.

And - your reaction to the situation is touching for many reasons. You've had a long journey and this is a major dream coming true and another validation that YOU DID IT. I am thrilled for this amazing situation.

You are such a supportive person to those of us on our way. Thanks for sharing this story - it's an inspiration for us all.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #5  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Robin, your story touches me in so many ways. Thank you for sharing it. You are the inspiration for so many of us here. The dress is stunning and you're going to look like a goddess in it!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Oh, Robin. Oh. I see what you mean. I'd bawl, too. That dress is so elegant & glamorous. It's a beautiful woman's dress. Like something one would wear in a dream of being an acknowledged & celebrated beauty. After you wear that dress to your daughter's wedding, you're going to wear it to the Academy Awards, of course, aren't you?

You **earned** that dress, sister. You worked your tail end off for it. (Literally.) Wear it with pride, Cinderella.

Savor that moment when you try on the finished dress (preferably in front of a triple mirror). Because we don't get those moments all that often after working long & hard on a difficult project. Just project a lot of love & congratulations at your reflection when you see it. You deserve it.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #7  
No description available.

You are such an inspiration!!! I love how much you love your changes!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #8  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey RR- touching story- what a FABULOUS dress- GORGEOUS! Ahem well of course you ROCKED that dress & albeit you look like a lil Robin in it! I think eyes are going to be on YOU that day as well, you hot tamale! ~ Wendalyn
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Gorgeous! The dress is beautiful and you are going to make it even moreso. I would love to see pictures of you in it!

Way to go, RR!!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #10  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Wow, that dress is smoking. You're going to look amazing!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #11  
is determined!

S/C/G: 208/194.5/130

Height: 5'6"

What a touching story. That dress is beautiful and you're going to make it look even better on.
evoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #12  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

WOW!! What a fabulous dress. Thank you for all you give to this site and your constant talk about commitment and how well you explain your success.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

That is a beautiful dress Robin and you are so inspiring.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Robin -- all I can say is "Wow - Wow - Wow". The fact that after losing so much weight you can show off so much skin is amazing. The emotions at the fitting I can't even fathom. You are such a great person and our guiding light. Thank you, CJ.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #15  

Robin, reading your posts really hits home with me. I really think that weightloss is just as much as, if not more, of a psychological transformation as it is physical. It something that is indescribable to those that haven't experienced it for themselves. You are truly an inspiration and that dress has your name all over it! You deserve this happiness!
Ann21 is offline   Reply With Quote