Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #46  
Working My Way Back Down

Megan!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hugs Megan.
I am sorry you are going through this. I'm sure it is incredibly stressful. I will be thinking of you.

Shannon-- I looked at the scales on Amazon and there were so many-- which model did you get? Many of them got very poor reviews??

And, yes, my cats are eating out of the bowl. I still have to help Wilbur out a bit by pushing the food through or turning the bowl around, but he is eating. He is still throwing up but it is only occasionally instead of daily now.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #48  
Workin' It

Oh Megan, I'm so sorry! Thinking about you and sending big hugs your way.

Michele - the one I got is apparently not available any more... sadness... WW Scale w/ remote sensor I will say that it has to be level or you get different readings from one weighing to the next. It actually has a leveling dot that shows you when your feet are even, it it isn't level the dot never hits the middle so it gives a weird weight or an ERR message. Glad the bowl seems to have helped some! One of my cousins recommended this food for my cat, says it stopped her indoor cat from throwing up. Haven't tried it as it is a little pricey.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #49  
Working My Way Back Down

My younger cat (age 2) had vomiting issues when we first got here ~ a year ago. She now eats Science Diet ZD food, which you can only get from the vet, or online with a prescription (the price for me was more online, but that's because of shipping to Alaska). She very rarely throws up now. BOth cats eat it, and a small bag (10#?) lasts us about a month, and costs about $25. Worth it not to be cleaning up all the time.....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Sorry Megan

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #51  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry, Megan.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #52  
No description available.

I'm sorry, Megan.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:59 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Lightbulb Real vs "manufactured" food

Think my body finally gets it. Bought a package of Thinsations 100-cal "cookies" yesterday. Ate one - bleagh!!! Like shredded cardboard dipped in paste and sweetener.

Threw the rest away. Fruit is so much tastier.

I'm finding this with all sorts of manufactured foods now - chips, cookies, etc. I really don't like them any more and am aware of how false they are in comparison with "real" food.

Now if only they could do this to chocolate .

Have a great Friday all! Off to heave the weights!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #54  

megan,
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:24 AM   #55  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Megan
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #56  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the support. I managed to hold myself together and go to the gym for a decent workout, and was so tired I slept straight through 9 hours (again on my friends futon). BF & I did talk a few times yesterday on the phone and I'm a bit more hopeful we can work out. Last night was another friend's birthday so the friends I'm staying with had a little dinner party for her. It was nice and laid back and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Not sure exactly where the weekend will go, but there's talk amongst the friends of going diving or at the very least fishing tomorrow. Sunday some other friends & I have had a Robert Earl Keen concert planned for a few weeks (think Texas country music). Tonight I've got to cut up a bunch of fruit for fruit salad for my catering friends - they don't "do" fruit salad, so they sub-contracted me to. It's good to have good friends.

Dagmar, lol, I did find my taste for milk chocolate has changed to a preference for higher quality dark chocolate as I acquired a healthier palate. I agree that really processed stuff just has on an odd flavor - I can't really come up with a descriptor so I just call it "processed flavor" that makes pre-packaged cinnamon buns, pastries, cakes not taste so good anymore. Too bad I'm still a sucker for the real stuff.

My co-worker also feeds her cats Science Diet she gets from the vet. She also grumbles that it's a bit pricey but has helped her cats intestinal difficulties immensely, so she keeps getting it. I don't think they threw up all the time but one of them kept getting kidney infections and it took a long time to get him better.

Today is leg day at the gym and I'm really looking forward to a nice, hard leg workout (my favorite body part to train). What is everyone else up to for the weekend?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #57  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Megan, I hope things work out! (Also, I think all the achiness is just from too much working out, so nothing to worry about.)

Dagmar, I had a similar experience with a donut hole the other day. Ugh!

I tried to patch my bike tire but the hole was right at the stem so the patch didn't take and I replaced the tube instead. Then I rode it to the bike shop to buy new tubes (since I used the only one I had), and on the way there my spoke protector broke! Anyway they said they'd fix it this morning and I should have my bike back and in good shape tonight. After comparing the old tube and the new tube I think it's likely that my other tire will give out relatively soon too, just because the rubber is so old.

Yesterday in the mail I got my three-year update survey from the national weight control registry. I started filling it out and it was pretty disappointing to note that I gained 7 lbs this year, on top of the 7 lbs I gained last year. There's a section on "why did you gain weight?" with like three checkboxes, none of which is really accurate. The options are "Illness/Injury", "Change in job or marital status", "Stress", "Pregnancy", and "Lost motivation to maintain weight." Where is the box for "Weight gradually crept up even though I was trying to lose"? Or "Added muscle"?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #58  
Workin' It

Good morning -

Megan - glad you are feeling better this morning, getting some sleep always helps. Hope you have a good weekend.

Pat - I've heard of the science diet food. My cat has stopped throwing up with the different feeder, doesn't gorge herself like she used to, but I still might check in to it. Thanks!

Dagmar - I've found the same thing with a lot of the processed chips and food. I also am still a sucker for the real deal though, and live awfully close to a Panera Bread & DH's ex is an amazing baker... If only I could find a way to make the stuff she makes feel processed to me...

Jessica - good the broken spoke protector happened today instead of during the event! And, yeah, none of those checkboxes really fit for you... They need a 'things just happened' box!

So we have tickets for a baseball game on Sunday afternoon, were going to take DSS to his first game. Talked to him about it on Tuesday night. Well, ESPN preempted the game for Sunday night baseball, so now it starts at 8 instead of 1:30. And, DSS has been telling his mom all week about how excited he is about going to a baseball game with daddy, shannon & granny this weekend. We told him the game got moved to the night so we couldn't go this time and he said "But they have lights so we can see!" Which of course makes us feel all terrible, because we've never promised him something we didn't deliver. DH has a bad history with his dad of broken promises and letdowns as a child, so this really hit home with him. So, now, we are trying to figure out how to take 4 year old DSS to at least a little bit of an 8 pm game on a school night... Hmm...
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #59  
Workin' It

Jessica - seeing your post reminded me that I needed to look into the NWCR... I'm two weeks away from my 1 year at goal anniversary...
Old 08-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Megan, Things always look better when you've had a little sleep. Crossing my fingers and toes that you can work everything out. Glad that both of you are keeping the lines of communication open.

Jessica, is there a spot for "other?" Make one if there isn't.

Dagmar, fruit vs. cookies and fruit wins--yay!

Shannon, that's a tough situation. On the one hand, it's hard to break promises, but on the other hand, things happen that are out of your control and kids need to learn that lesson, too. Hopefully you can find a solution that fits for everyone.

Sounds like people are making the most of the last weekends in summer. We're going on a pond tour on Sunday. Anyone have a pond? I don't want to deal with all the stuff, but I enjoy looking at them. Usually ponds come with really spectacular landscaping and cool fish. I do want to put in a bubbler or a fountain, though. We've got everything except for the connections to the solar panel we bought last year.

Have a fun, healthy weekend, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote