S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday:

milk/banana
small bowl of cereal
soup
open faced egg salad sandwich
ravioli, green beans, bread sticks

Due to my tummy issues, all of the above was in small amounts. I have no idea what the calories were

B~egg mcmfuffin (smart ones)
S~hard boiled egg
L~Healthy Choice steamer (sesame chicken), cherries
S~yogurt
D~green salad with shrimp
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #17  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Added another fiber bar yesterday. Wondering if they're going to be a control issue for me all the time, or just when hormonal (they're the only thing remotely chocolatey in the house). Other than that, POP.
Sort of laughing over here about the fiber bars, b/c I've eaten them also solely because I wanted some chocolate and there was no chocolate in the house. In the past few months I've had trouble with granola bars of all types - high fiber, high protein, plain ol' granola bars - they're an easy sweet-ish food to grab when I'm "snacky" (but not at all genuinely hungry) after dinner or on the weekend. Oh, and then grab another one, and then... yeah, bad news. I've eliminated them from my shopping list.

Why is it that my list of trigger foods keeps getting things added to it, never taken off?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #18  
Workin' It

Fiber bars are an unexpected chocolate go to thing for me, too... I just got a box of the SBD Fit & Fiber S'mores flavor and have to fight to not eat the entire box. And now I'm thinking about them... dangit...

ETA: another unexpected could eat the whole bag trigger food - sunsweet orange essence dried plums. Who knew?

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 06-24-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #19  
Working My Way Back Down

I have never met a granola bar that I LIKED! When we were hiking in Arizona last year the people who packed our lunches always put one, and sometimes two, in our lunches. They were good trading material for me! I will occasionally eat a Luna bar if stuck in an airport or at work without food, but I have to be starving.

Yesterday went fine til dinner. Then I showed up for my 6pm meeting and instead of the sandwich bar they usually have, it was pizza! Grrrr. Too late to go for anything else, so I ate a piece. It wasn't as good as I remember, either. The meeting went on til after midnight, and I was hungry when I got home, so I had a piece of ww toast with pb and a glass of milk.

B - ww/hi fiber bagel with pb/jelly; coffee
S - raspberry yogurt
L - salad: butter lettuce, black beans, and ? hmm, a run to the store may be in order (it's like 5 min by car; 10 if I walk)
S - cottage cheese and strawberries
D - leftover salmon, asparagus, brown rice
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #20  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I've never had a problem with them in the past, so I'm wondering if it was just hormonal. Today I haven't wanted them at all, which would make sense if it was hormonal. Just strange!

Got my cardio in, at least, despite my busy day. And I was curious if I was burning as much on my step as I did on the elliptical, before it died, so I put on my HRM to double check. Turns out my heart rate is sustained at a higher level, so that's awesome.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #21  
Workin' It

I'm going to be done here and headed home in a few minutes, and can feel the lack of desire to exercise pulling on me already... Someone hit me in the back of the head with something heavy yet non-fatal to beat the exercise junkie back in...
Old 06-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #22  
Moderating Mama

Shannon - I order you to work out. Get the gym clothes on, get going, and get it done. You can do it!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #23  
Workin' It

Thanks Amanda! I came home, changed straight into workout clothes and exercised for just under two hours. strength training total body workout (with ball, weider, some body weight exercises I've picked up off of your sets actually & dumbbells), ten minutes of ab work from an On Demand video, 30 minutes of cardio kickboxing. I didn't even slow down when I realized I left the garage door open when I got home and it was 89.8 degrees in there when I went to start the workout... I may be sore tomorrow, but I feel great today! The adrenaline gets going and I just lose track of time. And I got out a lot of the frustration that was making me not want to work out by picturing the person I'm annoyed with as I pounded and kicked on the bag - that is why the planned 15 minutes of kickboxing turned into 30...

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 06-24-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #24  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I avoided the chocolate covered bananas last night thanks to DH. I said, "Will you get me a chocolate covered banana?" and he said "No, you just ate one last night and the night before, no more for you!"

Thursday:
B - shredded spoonfuls, blueberries, skim milk
L - rice w/frozen mixed veggies and soy sauce
S - apple, yogurt/blueberries/granola
D - honey mustard chicken, new potatoes, green beans
S - ww toast w/jelly, glass of milk, some dried fruit
E - NRLW stage 1 special workout B

Last edited by paperclippy; 06-26-2009 at 09:16 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #25  
Workin' It

Good morning -
Yesterday ended up okay for me on calories, but I switched out some snacks without planning and ended up lower than planned on protein. I did exercise when I got home.

Today:
E: ten min AM yoga done (needed to stretch from yesterday!), cardio planned for when I get home
B: smoothie, coffee
S: string cheese
L: grilled chicken salad
S: kashi go lean, yogurt
D: white turkey burger on ww bun w/ lettuce & tomato, broccoli
S: graham cracker or kashi with yogurt and fruit, depending on the calories left for the day.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

This on again/off again tummy thing is on again today. Yuck. I did not exercise this morning due to it.

B~raisin bran w/ff milk
S~egg mcmuffin, yogurt
L~chicken and vegetables entree, cherries
S~yogurt
D~not sure. DH and I are going to go to Home Depot to buy a new fridge and dishwasher, so our time might be short. Unless DD makes dinner for us we'll either order in or fix burgers on the grill.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #27  
Moderating Mama

Woohoo Shannon!

Yesterday was POP. Today will be interesting...we are taking a 7 hour drive tonight AFTER work. That means we'll be up late. Previously, every time we drove to LA, we'd stop at In n Out for a double double and fries. Now we're planning ahead just a bit better, but it'll still be higher calorie, both because we will get hungrier being up an extra 3 hours and to keep us awake. Healthy stuff, though.

Tomorrow I have grand designs to exercise before work. They may not come to pass, depending what time we get to our destination...a 2am arrival with a 7 am workout just isn't going to happen. If I don't, I know we'll be exercising this weekend (we have a hike planned, and I usually walk the dogs in the mornings).

B - Egg whites, Veggies, Turkey scramble, toasted crumpet.
S - Apple
L - Leftovers - Pork chop, saffron jasmine rice, asparagus
S - Popcorn
S - Greek yogurt w/ berries
D - Kashi Mediterranean Pizza (figured it'd be an easy "on the road" dinner because it can be eaten lukewarm - I'll bake it right before we leave, cut it, and put it in tupperware...it may not be perfect, but it's not fast food!)
S - Car snacks: Grapes, Fiber Bar

E - 60 min cardio intervals, 30-45 min abbreviated strength training (won't be able to do much tomorrow so I'm fitting it in)
Old 06-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #28  
Workin' It

Amanda - hope the drive goes well tonight, and your shoulder doesn't give you too much trouble in the car! If you don't exercise tomorrow morning don't beat yourself up, everyone has to sleep sometime!

I'm not in a great mental place right now and keep thinking about the brownies that we sell and the Mayfield Turtle Tracks that I just discovered that we sell this week... I refilled my water, heated my coffee, got my string cheese out of the car. I'm going to be strong. This food will not make me happy, or make my stressors go away, and if I eat it I'll then feel guilty on top of the funk...
Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #29  
Chuggin' along...

Amanda, drive safely. I agree w/ Shannon, you've got to sleep sometime!

Shannon, step away from those junky snacks!!!

Ended up eating leftovers for dinner last night - leftover bit of steak, portabello mushroom, few pieces scallop squash, little bit of bread w/ bruscetta. Cals around 1740. A little high, trying to get it down about 100 cals for today.

Thursday:
B - mini ww bagel, 1 T. light cream cheese, 1/2 oz. lox, 1 c skim milk, coffee w/ 1 Tbsp. h&h, 1 cup blueberries
L - Bean Salsa w/ 2 oz. tuna, cucumber
S - 6 oz. lf yogurt, watermelon, 1 oz. raw walnuts
gym - cardio will probably be running/walking, abs abs abs (I've been neglecting my core!)
S if needed - hm blueberry protein muffin
D - grilled or baked tripletail (thinking of making a tin foil bed and putting leftover bruscetta over the fish and baking it), salad w/ light dressing
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #30  
Workin' It

I avoided the brownie and ice cream, ate the peanut butter protein bar in my purse on the way home instead...

Dinner tonight got a little weird... DH is at a friend's house so I made a white turkey burger in my foreman grill (overcooked it again...) which I ate on a light wheat bun with salsa, lettuce, tomato & pickle. The weird came with the veggies I threw in - I roasted some squash & broccoli in lots of spices and made some colored butterbeans that I had in the freezer from my granddaddy's garden. Tossed in some salsa and pepper sauce with them, and voila. Smorgasboard (which I have no idea how to spell) of things I wouldn't have even eaten a year ago, much less all together. Well, I would have eaten the turkey burger, but probably plain or with just cheese and maybe barbeque sauce. I'm actually pretty proud of myself.