Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #91  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Wardhog, I did notice today that my HR got up to 143 after 20 min's on the stairstepper. Maybe the lower HR days was just a quirk due to my medicines. But, WOW, 188 and I think I would keel over.

I'm happier now cause I re-weighed at the gym today and was down another lb. after diuresing last night. So 2 lbs. total lost for 2nd week of eating on plan and exercising Every Day. I can live with that. I guess my body had just been holding on to some extra water. Weird thing is yesterday I weighed before breakfast. Today I weighed after eating breakfast and having 3 cups of coffee. I wish I could weigh everyday and not freak out and learn to cope with the daily fluctutations! I'm very much a weight worrier!

I got an e-mail from my son today. He gets to come home for a visit starting Sept. 20th, I can't wait to see him. Also he will be on the local news channel in 2 weeks being featured as Soldier of the Week. I'm a very proud mom.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #92  
Working My Way Back Down

Lily, so glad to hear that Shane is going to be able to come home for a visit.

To follow up the clothes discussion, I got my pants from Land's End yesterday, and they fit perfectly - so nice to have them hemmed to the length I want. Plus they're really nice fabric. I'll order some more - can never have too many pair of black work pants.

Today is finally only cloudy - no actual rain yet (3:30 pm). It poured all day yesterday, and there are starting to be reports of landslides... Scary. The ground is so saturated. Parts of our garden loves all the water. I picked a ton of spinach and swiss chard today. The strawberries, well, it's hard to tell because we overhauled the bed last fall, so we have less plants. We're getting plenty to eat, but not a lot to store. The raspberries have lots of blossoms, but they need wasps and other pollinators - none of whom like the rain. They'll be out today though - they have to eat. My delphiniums are huge, over my head, but the rain is spoiling the blossoms, as it is many of the flowers. The library has a flower bed out front and the pansies and petunias don't hold up well, but the nastursiums look like an alien life form - they're huge!

DH has gone off to Sportsman's Warehouse on another quest for the "perfect" fishing lure so I'm having a quiet afternoon. Supper is planned, so aside from the fact that I should be balancing my checkbook, me and the cats are lying low. Hope you all are having a good Sunday.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote