Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-19-2008, 03:10 AM   #1  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I will be here!!

Hi Guys! I have lurked with you guys for a long time...I may have even posted a few times, I can't remember, but I just wanted you to all know I am on my way! I have always doubted that I would...now I don't... most of the time I post on the Depression forum because I was put on Prozac about a year ago after my DH was diagnosed with a brain tumor...since then he has went through radiation, chemotherapy, and my Dad had surgery for removal of a 15 pd GIST tumor...I have been dealt a lot of punches...and I am finally bouncing back up.

I discovered a book by Kathleen DesMaisons called Potatoes not Prozac which lead me to her other book The Sugar Addict's Total Recovery Guide...they have changed my life...I have been on her program one month tomorrow...I have been binge free, mood swing free, pms free, and all around fabulous all of that time and now I know what was stopping me before from reaching my goal and staying there... I am now on that path...and it is leading me right here to you all... Just wanted you to be expecting me!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 AM   #2  
Meg

Hi Raven! Of course we remember you! I definitely remember about your DH and wow, now your dad. You've really had a rough time of it.

You're welcome to keep posting with us now -- no reason to wait. And it's wonderful that you've found something that's working for you!!

We're so glad you checked in and let us know how you're doing, so stick around, OK?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #3  
No description available.

Hi Raven,

Welcome! I am so impressed with your strength through such hard times. Our food and emotions can be tightly wound together.

I believe that anyone who has lost a pound and does not want to gain that pound back is a maintainer. So that's you!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi!!! I remember you as well. Wow, SO much to deal with.

I am overjoyed that you've found something that is working for you. Overjoyed.

And whenever you're ready, there's a spot here just for you. Now is as good a time as any. Wishing you continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Hey Ravengirl, good to see you again! I'm glad to hear that this program is going well for you. Stick around!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote