Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-18-2008, 01:04 AM   #61  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Megan, your post made me happy. I look very forward to the day I go greet Shane's plane for his welcome Home.

I made it to do my grocery shopping. No excuses now for not eating healthy. I'm fully stocked up again. I did notice my grocery store has quit carrying my whole wheat pancake mix. That is frustrating, I love having ww pancakes. I guess I was the only one buying it!

evil, I only weigh weekly because the small fluctuations affected my mood too much. I do remind myself everyday to stick OP so that I won't be disappointed on Sat. mornings.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post
Michele: The Pleasanton Farmers' Market is only open on Saturdays from 9 to 1. It is on Angela and Main Street, right in downtown Pleasanton. There's a parking lot you can use off of Abbie St. It is incredible; I go almost every Saturday. The produce is fabulous and there is a huge variety. There's also a guy selling the freshest fish you've ever had in your life. If you eat fish (I can't remember if you are a vegetarian or not), you should definitely buy some from him. It is pricey but it is 100 times better than fish sold at the grocery store. The salmon is particularly good. Also, there's a stand that sells the best corn tortillas I've ever had and they are only 70 calories per tortilla. I also buy eggs there and there is a guy selling grass fed beef. I don't eat a lot of beef, but my SO tried some and said it was excellent. It is supposed to be quite a bit leaner than regular beef. And the sun-dried tomatoes from Fontana Farms, along with some of their sauces (Raspberry Chipotle and Pepper-Cot) are also worth checking out. And there is a woman at the end that sells homemade dill pickles that are the best I've ever had; she also makes vegetable soup that is also really good and very low calorie (0 weight watchers points--she always says it has no calories and I did finally have to correct her on that ). And then there is the fig balsamic vinegar sold by another stand. It's definitely worth a special trip to check it out.
Barbara,
I'm planning on going to the Pleasanton Market tomorrow after my WW meeting. I'm going to drag dd and dh with me. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the specific vendor info-- I can't wait! Too bad the weather won't be warmer but you can't have everything!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #63  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Barbara,
I'm planning on going to the Pleasanton Market tomorrow after my WW meeting. I'm going to drag dd and dh with me. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the specific vendor info-- I can't wait! Too bad the weather won't be warmer but you can't have everything!
It should be lots of fun! I see lots of couples there with their kids--there's even a stand with a clown that makes balloon animals or something for the kids.

I'll be there too, but probably earlier than you. Every Saturday I swim for an hour or so at the Dolores Bengstrom pool in Pleasanton and then drop by the farmers market on my way home. I missed it last week because the pool was closed --it totally screwed up my menu for the week because now I am spoiled and I refuse to buy fish or tortillas anywhere else (and I'd planned dinners using both); hopefully this week will go according to plan.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #64  
Meg

I'm sooo jealous of your farmer's market! We don't have anything like that here, even in the summer. Be sure to come back and tell us all the wonderful things you bought so we can all be green with envy.

The gym opens at 8 am and so does Macys, for a big sale. What a dilemma! Which to choose? My solution is gym first, then Macys (it's only a block away) and I don't care if I'm in sweaty gym clothes.

Speaking of the gym, I did a little heart rate experiment yesterday. It was Leg Day and I wore my HR monitor to see exactly what happens during a weight workout. I did a 5 minute elliptical warm up, then FreeMotion squats, BB reverse lunges, DB plie squats, and the hack squat machine. I went fairly heavy but the intensity level only felt like a 6 or 7 out of 10 (I didn't feel like I was pushing myself that hard).

So my average HR for the workout was 124 (74% of my max) and my peak HR was 152 (91% of max). Which leads me to the conclusion that a weight workout can be an interval cardio workout at the same time -- very interesting! So I didn't feel bad about jumping on a bike and just doing a half hour of steady state cardio after that.

Today will be a cardio only day because the weight room gets insanely crowded on weekends. If I'm in line when the doors open at 8:00, I can snag an elliptical, but if someone shows up ten minutes later, they're out of luck.

How does your weekend look? I'm going to try to repair the insulation that's falling down in our attics -- hey, I sound like Lily!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #65  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning maintainers. I hope you are all well.

Been a little crazy around here as our Passover preparations are in in full swing. LOTS of cooking and a bit too much of sampliing on Wednesday. But Thursday and Friday were fantastic. LOVE that in control feeling. It's funny, all I did was have a talking to myself and told myself that I AM NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE EVEN ONE BITE. And that did the trick. Gosh, I'm odd.

My oldest DD arrived home from college very late Thursday night, more like early Friday morning. She is a firestorm of a gal and she puts our household into an uproar. We haven't seen her for over 2 months. She did surprise us though. She cut off her beautiful, luxurious, PHENOMENAL, always commented upon hair. It's a cross between, blonde, red and caramel. She donated it to cancer victims on a whim. They were at her college a couple of weeks ago. She knew they were coming, but had no intention of parting with it, but in the end she just went and did it. I can't believe she didn't tell us. It's great to see her and we are all looking forward to our Seder tonight where we will have lots of quests. Tomorrow nights Seder will be just us 5.

Gosh, did I cook up a storm. My fridge is packed, absolutely packed with tons and tons of veggies and fruits. I have beautiful looking bowls of tomatoes, acorn squash, avocados, and bananas (for freezing) in various parts of my home. They look so pretty.

I hope you are all having stupendous weather like we are. Have a phenomenal weekend everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #66  
Working My Way Back Down

I'm enjoying an early morning by myself. DH is teaching a water testing class (he's a volunteer stream water monitor - one of many things he does in retirement) and left before 8. I had a second cup of coffee and finished my book. Now I'm going to tweak my vacation photos, and oh, maybe throw in a load of wash! It feels good to have down time in my own space (as opposed to vacation). I will get to the gym or for a walk at some point. It's out so if I wait awhile it'll be warm enough for some outside cardio.

Have a great weekend everyone!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Just a quick HELLO!...Angie and I did our Starbucks walk with the mutts this morning ~ she is off at bell practice for church ~ so I have a few minutes before starting some chores ~ had date night last night ~ mexican food ~ and way too many tortillla chips...dang!

Up to 176 this morning....2nd time this week...may have to remove myself from MAINTAINERS!....dang!

Have a great week-end ladies! ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #68  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post

Up to 176 this morning....2nd time this week...may have to remove myself from MAINTAINERS!....dang!
Gary, I'm kinda thinking if we all had to remove ourselves from maintainers everytime we were 5 lbs over our goal, this would be one very, very barren forum. Or at least one that would benefit GREATLY by having a revolving door.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-19-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #69  
Meg

Robin, isn't that the truth!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #70  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Robin, isn't that the truth!
Oh yeah, and just think how lonely poor Glory would be.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #71  

Meg--
The farmer's market was great. Sorry to make you with envy!
We got strawberries, sundried tomatoes, dried figs, tortillas, hummus, pears and pepper apricot sauce. I think that was it!

Robin--
Can we come over for Passover? I have never cooked a seder.

My older dd went to Gonzaga for the weekend (it is supposed to snow!) for an orientation weekend for next year's freshmen. It is giving me a taste of what it will be like for me in a few short months. She and I are extremely close and I am dreading it. I hope she has a great time. She was so nervous to go.

We are going to Macy's soon to check out the one day sale soon. Hopefully it isn't all picked over!

I also had my weigh in at WW this morning and got my 30 pound award. I've lost more than 30 pounds (naked!), but it was the first time "officially". I am now 11 pounds lighter than my maintenance goal and I only have 3 more pounds to lose to get to my wedding weight (I was only 20 when I married so that is pretty amazing to me!).

Last edited by traveling michele; 04-19-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #72  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Robin--
Can we come over for Passover? I have never cooked a seder.

YESSSS!!!! Please do! I have soooo much food cooked, it's not even funny. Whoever said there's nothing to eat on Passover has NOT been to my house. In fact you're all invited.

Your Farmer's Market haul sounds scrumptious. Sending your DD off to college is a big step and will take some adjustment, for both of you, but rest assured, adjust you both shall do. Just yet another phase in life.

And a big, BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your WW weigh-in. That is just so fantastic. You must be thoroughly ecstatic. WAY TO GO!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
YESSSS!!!! Please do! I have soooo much food cooked, it's not even funny. Whoever said there's nothing to eat on Passover has NOT been to my house. In fact you're all invited.
Our temple in Houston always had a Passover Seder at a hotel that we attended, but our temple here doesn't do anything like that. My dd is a religious school teacher so they did some Passover foods in their classroom, but not an entire seder. My husband isn't Jewish so I've never been too motivated to try a seder. Maybe another year....
Old 04-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #74  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, we're having beautiful weather here today. I have completely cleaned out Shane's room today. I started to paint it but decided it can wait a little while. My allergies are still acting up and I feel quite lazy.

Oh yes, the revolving door, I'd have to be standing in it all the time.

Meg, I liked hearing about your experiment. I know that when I do weights I feel like I get some cardio too but never really tested my HR.

That farmer's market sounds great. Wish I had one nearby so I could try new stuff. I try to grow most of my veggies.

I noticed the hedges I planted last spring had seemed like they never grew. But now that it is spring, they are growing like gangbusters.

DH and Shelbey are at work and Lacy is with her BF's family at some church choir thing. I'm all alone and loving it.

I located the pic's on Laura's myspace of our family and Shanes troop that I want to post. I don't know how to move and post them. Still waiting for Lacy to slow down long enough to do it for me. People have been asking for current pic's of me , well they are coming.

rockinrobin, hope you have a nice visit with your daughter.

Meg, LOL, I've never been in our attic. But, I bet I'll have been there before wer'e through!

My new favorite TV show is Flip This House. LOL

Last edited by lilybelle; 04-19-2008 at 06:38 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #75  

Default Week is finally going well

Afternoon, All,

One of my 2008 goals was to post weekly on this chat. It has been a tremendous help to me. I think perhaps this week, the week got away from me, so I'd better get posting before Meg posts the entry for next week, and I've not yet responded.
If you remember, I'd been fighting a weight gain of about 6 lbs from having a cold and taking amoxycillin. Although I KNEW I had never eaten off my plan, my weight just kept going up. Last week, I gave myself a deadline--if my weight had not yet returned to normal by Tuesday, April 15, I was going to go on my strict weight loss routine for two days--that usually shakes up my system to see a great weight loss. Tuesday came and I was just dreading doing "take off"--my strict weight loss routine. But the weight was still there, and I was determined. I did two days of take off and refused to get on the scale until Friday (when I'd go weigh in at my maintenance site anyway--no matter what the weight). I weighed at home Friday morning--boy! I was scared of what that dang scale might say!--Yes! I was down over 8 lbs. I am back where I want to be and hope to stay there. You see, in 7 more weeks, I will reach 6 months of maintaining my weight. If I am within 7 lbs of my goal, I get 25% of my money back that I paid to do the program. I have plans for summer clothes for that money, so there is no way I'm going to lose it (sorry, I'm shallow, I like $$!). So, I think my weight might have returned to normal (whatever that is) if I'd just waited, but I couldn't stand seeing a so much higher weight on the scale.
Eating wise and exercise wise, I'm doing well. My work location has a spring challenge going on. If we burn 4800 calories over 6 weeks, we earn a work out bag. I earned mine after 3 weeks, but I decided to use it to encourage myself to get back into my morning work outs. So I have the bag, but its still in its package as I have to exercise 10 mornings in order to earn it. I've exercised 4 mornings so far, so though I'm not doing it every day (as I'd like), I am doing better. One morning a week, I just can't drag myself out of bed while the weekends are also a problem to go work out in the a.m. Perhaps tomorrow, if the rain and drizzle will stop, I'll get up and go for a morning walk.
Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't had a chance to read all the responses, but I'll try. Keep doing what you're doing if it's working for you.
goalsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote