Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Default I am going to consider myself at goal.

I haven't really lost much in pounds to speak of since Sept. of 2007. I have lost inches and I am concentrating on bodyfat. I am still in the overweight category at about 169 lbs and 5' 7". But I'll take it. I was 255 lbs in 2003 and 225 lbs when I started this lifesytle evolution on Jan. 10th of 2007.
So I'm here to chat because sometimes I feel like I don't belong the places I have posted in the past.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #2  
Meg

Sharon and congratulations of reaching your goal! I think your decision to focus on body fat now instead of pounds is so smart. A lot of our maintainers are just like you and looking more at fitness and body fat % goals instead of scale numbers -- because pounds of "weight" just isn't a very reliable guide to overall health and fitness. You'll meet some maintainers here who had dropped many inches and sizes and lost body fat without the scale moving at all -- or even going up slightly!

If you'd like, tell us some more about yourself, how you lost the weight, and what kind of plan you're following now. We have an Introductions forum where you're welcome to post, or just jump into our weekly chat thread and join right in.

We're really glad you've joined us!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #3  
Chuggin' along...

Hi Sharon! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments and welcome to the maintainers forum! I agree that it's great your focusing on body fat and overall health, not just a number on the scale. It sounds as if you've come far and have a lot to be proud of. Hope I'll "see" you around often!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #4  
Meg

One more thing, Sharon ... if you'd like, please post about your journey in the Goal! forum (this goes for all you other maintainers too ) I can't tell you how many people come here to 3FC, feeling hopeless after failing so many times, and they read the stories and see the pictures and have HOPE again! Sometimes I feel like an Attention Ho with all my pictures posted but if I can help one person here believe that she can lose the weight and keep it off for life, then it's worth it.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #5  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Sharon!!

Congrats on your huge loss!! I hope you are so, so proud of yourself. I think your decision is wise and I think you'll really enjoy this forum.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Thank you all.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and Congratulations Sharon

Last edited by nelie; 02-08-2008 at 02:09 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there Sharon. I just noticed your avatar over at the 100 lb club. I was so impressed that I PM'd you and told you so. And now I pop on over to Maintainers and I see that you're here. Yay!!!

I'm so glad you're here and look forward to spending many maintenance years with you. Congratulations on your life-transforming weight loss.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Hey Sharon!! Glad to see you posting in the maintainer's forum! Your story is very inspiring, I loved what you said about it being 95% in your head, that is SO TRUE!!

Don't worry about posting in other forums, I pop in and out in most of the forums and no one has ever made me feel unwelcome! Successful maintainers can share experiences with almost every group - everyone wants to maintain their weight loss eventually!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Sharon! You're not alone at maintaining while technically overweight. I thought I would keep losing, but something in my head is keeping me around 175 pounds. Having lost 120 pounds, I'll take it! I may get into weight loss mode again one day, but for now, I'm focusing on my health and doing more physically.

Last edited by Heather; 02-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote