Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all the advice and everything, everyone. I'm going to be working really hard to figure all this out in the next few months. Midwife, I'm not sure about job-sharing with my high school position -- I teach about 130 students, 6 different classes of 4 different things, so I'm not sure how that would work. I've never seen anyone do it in our school system, but I may ask about it.

Baffled, they will allow my husband to take paternal leave, and he'll be taking a few weeks off. The problem is that he's the head cross country coach and he kind of has to be there in the fall. I'm the assistant coach, so I can be gone and it won't be as big a deal. If they would just let me borrow my husband's sick days, I could take the full 12 weeks off. He has tons of sick days accrued.

By the way, Baffled, congratulations on quitting smoking! I'm sure it's very tough, but you can definitely do this! I'm pulling for you!

My husband and I went for a fattening breakfast buffet this morning, then shopped around for stuff for the house. We're trying to get things in order before the baby comes, but we were having bad luck finding what we need. We finally gave up and came home. Now it's all about laundry and dishes and grading papers!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody,

quick post here just to update. I ended up at the hospital Friday with another kidney stone attack. It is a long long story, but basically I picked the worst day of the year to try to get help, and after about 9 hrs of agony, and a trip up to labor and delivery, I finally got some adequate pain medication. To keep things short, the baby is fine, and I am fine. But the stone has not passed and I'm still in a considerable amount of pain and taking more drugs than I'd like to. I talk to my doc again tomorrow, but there are no really good options for pregnant women if the stone doesn't pass on its own. I could be fine tomorrow or it could take some time--no way to tell. I'll try to keep you all up to date. LisaMarie and I have been talking quite a bit on email and she's now on my notification list, so I may pass a message through her, if I need to.

Here's hoping to talk to you all again next week.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #93  
Meg

Oh Anne, I'm so, so sorry that this is happening to you! What horrible timing, not that there's ever a good time for a kidney stone. But now, of all times!! And it sounds like your options are pretty limited.

I'm hoping and praying that the stone passes soon, with as little pain as possible. And then hopefully no more issues for the rest of the ___ days (but who's counting? )

Please keep us up to date, whether you can post or through Lisa (thanks, Lisa!) We're thinking of you.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote