Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #16  

I work with someone who is always complaining about how she's underweight and doesn't like to eat etc. (that's fine...whatever) but then she told me that my face looked too thin. HUH?!?!?!?!??!!! People are just so odd. The topic of weight and food just brings out the craziness in people, doesn't it? It's all just so twisted! (Like I'm the one w/the eating disorder b/c I want to eat healthy foods hahaha)
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #17  
I wanna be SUPERWOMAN!

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'6 1/2"

How the **** can someone not like to eat? That reminds me of this really little dude I saw on MTV. He was on True Life: I Want the Perfect Body II. He was 5'3" and 107 pounds; he wanted to get up to 112-115 and build some muscle. The problem was that he hardly ate anything: two VERY small meals a day and he wasted much more than he ate. He said he just stopped being hungry really easily and got full quickly, so he forced himself to drink weight gain powder with whole milk to make up the difference.

I can't even begin to IMAGINE what that is like. I'm hungry often and could probably eat FOREVER!

You are right, though, lipidful... food talk brings out the eccentricities in so many!

I'm amazed at how many of you get told you are too thin. This rarely happens to me. I have only heard that I was getting too thin from two people. The rest just ask, "Are you still on your diet?" because they don't understand that it's a lifestyle change.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #18  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Oh I get it all the time. You're so tiny, there's nothing to you....STOP LOSING WEIGHT! I am done losing weight. I won't let myself get less than 115 lbs. And I'm 5' 1/4" So I could go even lower, but they'd admit me to a rehab if I did. Honestly, as long as I stay between 115 and 125 (my goal weight) cool.

And as far as eating goes, I used to put away 2 double quarter pounders with cheese and a super size fry and a BUCKET of coke. In like 15 minutes. Pizza? I could put a super large one away by myself. Cake, cookies, brownies, like there was no tomorrow. I was a chronic over-eater and it's extremely easy to go there again, but I am different now. I don't miss it. But I love eating and will never stop loving it.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #19  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidful View Post
I work with someone who is always complaining about how she's underweight and doesn't like to eat etc. (that's fine...whatever) but then she told me that my face looked too thin. HUH?!?!?!?!??!!! People are just so odd. The topic of weight and food just brings out the craziness in people, doesn't it? It's all just so twisted! (Like I'm the one w/the eating disorder b/c I want to eat healthy foods hahaha)
Yeah, I get that too. I have a girl who I work with who says she's 115 lbs and wants to go down to 107 lbs. She's 2 inches taller than me and tells me I'm too thin at 116/117. HUH? I'm 5' nothin and she's 5' 2 1/2" , weighs less than me and says I'm too thin? Hmmmmm...
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #20  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
How the **** can someone not like to eat?
I can't even begin to IMAGINE what that is like. I'm hungry often and could probably eat FOREVER!

People ask, "Are you still on your diet?" because they don't understand that it's a lifestyle change.
Hi NightingaleShane,

I lost about twenty pounds nearly two years ago ( I'm very short so twenty pounds makes a huge difference). For the last few family holiday gatherings people have seen me at my new, lower weight, and I've tried to indicate that I'm healthy and happy just where I am.Yet when I turn down extra fattening goodies ( mashed potatoes, stuffing and, my absolute favorite, mince pie) I'm accused of both showing off and trying to ruin the holiday for everyone else.

Recently though, an uncle has lost a huge amount of weight on an extreme low carb diet (NOT ******* if anyone who reads this is worried about that) so people have stopped commenting on what I look like and what I do or don't eat.

Actually I eat often, since I hate being hungry. I just don't eat a lot at parties or gatherings.

Last edited by Magrat; 11-30-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #21  

I'm the same way, Magrat. I like to eat often and smaller amounts. When it's a holiday or something, I can't change my ways to "starve" all day then eat a lot at the dinner or party, because it's not good for my well being. I know some people do eat that way, but my blood sugar doesn't let me. So I'm self conscious when I'm eating a "normal" portion (which would be considered a small portion on a holiday, I guess) because I want to eat throughout the rest of the day!
To me, the hardest part of all of this isn't how I deal with maintaining my weight on my own, but with the interference of "real life" and other people making me feel funny.
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote