Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #46  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

OK, another disasterous weekend. I ate so much crap. I am really embarrassed about it, but here it is.

Friday continued:
S - half an english muffin w/pizza sauce and mozz. cheese, half a lite hot dog w/ketchup
D - (restaurant) lemongrass-crusted halibut, baby bok choi, about half of a huge mound of cheddar mashed potatoes, one piece of salmon sushi

Total: no cookies because I actually was hungry when I snacked, we didn't have dinner until 9:30.
Exercise: 30-minute stroll around our subdivision. I guess I should call it "activity," not "exercise" at that point.

Saturday:
B - 1.25C essential m cereal, .75C skim milk
L - (restaurant) 5 potato cheese pierogis, side salad (my effort to make my lunch healthier with a salad backfired, it came with ranch dressing and cheese on it)
S - two chocolates at a chocolate shop (coconut cup and a cherry cream)
D - (chili's) a little over half a BBQ ranch burger (could I have picked anything less healthy? BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, and bacon in addition to the burger and cheese), french fries, two glasses of strawberry lemonade

Total:
Activity: strolling around a botanical garden for an hour

Sunday:
B - apricot, 1.25C essential M with .75C skim milk
L - 1C angel hair pasta with 1/2C sauce and 1Tbsp grated parmesan
S - apricot, 2 slices of challah (egg bread)
D - pecan cornflake "fried" (baked) chicken from cooking light (half a skinless breast and one skinless drumstick, about 1.5 servings), one ear of corn, 3/4 C zucchini (from our garden!) w/garlic
S - 1/2 slice challah, a whole bunch of cherries (I didn't count, just ate straight from the bag)

Total:
Exercise: wandering around art museum for two hours, 2 hour walk

Home scale still at 133.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #47  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Yesterday's food for me was:

BF: PB and SF jelly sandwich on wheat bread

lunch: 1 turkey hotdog with 2TBSP chili and mustard and relish on a bun and 1 serving of fatfree pringles

Dinner: 1 baked chicken thigh without skin, dinner salad with low-fat ranch, 1 whole sliced medium tomato, green beans and baked squash

snacks: 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup peaches

snack: 2 cups low-fat popcorn

Exercise was weeding garden 2.5 hrs., plus 1 mile on treadmill

It felt like I ate quite a bit yesterday with having 2 snacks but I just now put every bite and my coffee with cream in Fitday and only had 1184 cal's total.

Last edited by lilybelle; 07-16-2007 at 11:51 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have been hugely hungry lately - not sure what is up with me. I INHALED a huge bag of cherries over the weekend to my digestional distress.

I've started stirring a teaspoon (okay, let's be honest, a BIG teaspoon) of organic, raw honey into my green tea at night (for the good antioxidants and other beneficial properties). I think I'm abusing it - it's really really hard/thick and difficult to get into the cup, I'm probably eating 2 tbs after all the scooping, scootching with my fingers and licking the spoon. Heh, seems like such a small thing, but I am always amused by how I will sneakily try to get away with things.

Speaking of being amused at myself, we had a work event on Friday for Bring Your Kid to Work Day. There were 4 kinds of snacks: pretzels, popcorn, Doritos, Ruffles. Well, I do NOT eat Doritos or Ruffles so I completely didn't touch those items while eating a bunch of pretzels and popcorn. I just have to roll my eyes at myself sometimes - maybe I need to put pretzels and popcorn on the "no" list so I don't eat them offplan? Is that all it takes??
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #49  
slow and steady

Monday:
B - 1.25 C Fiber One raisin bran w/.75C skim milk
S - apricot
L - leftover "fried" chicken (about 1/2 serving) and 1/2 C angel hair pasta
S - nectarine, banana, two sips OJ from the bottle
D - 1 serving Mexican tomato soup with corn dumplings (cooking light)
S - 1.5 slices challah

Total:
Exercise: 40 mins total body crossramp, including 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown, set of arm exercises using soup cans
Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #50  
lilybelle

My eating yesterday was definitely not good. Exercise was good, swimming 3 hrs. with lots of laps and swim races with my SD. Bad thing was I rewarded myself with too much junk after getting so much exercise.

BF: PB and SF jelly sandwich on wheat

snack: 2 graham crackers

lunch: fied chicken sandwich (hold the mayo) and onion rings. (terrible choice at a local cafe)

dinner: home-made sloppy joe on wheat bun, corn on the cob without butter, medium tomato sliced up, veggie crackers and low-fat onion dip

snack: 1 more graham cracker

My total cal's came to 1777 which is over my limit. Just in all a bad day and still probably a far cry from the 3500 cal day I used to have. But definitely too many carbs and scale was up to 149 this morning. Only good thing about yesterday was SD wanted a candy bar from the PRO shop and went and bought us each one. I didn't eat mine, I gave it to my DH. So even amongst this crazy eating day, I had the sense to resist candy.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #51  
slow and steady

Tuesday:
B - 1.25C multigrain cheerios w/blueberries and .75C skim milk
S - sugar-free hot cocoa
L - leftover soup (1/2 serving)
S - apricot, nectarine, banana
D - leftover chicken (about 1.5 servings), about 1.5C zucchini/mushroom/onion/garlic mixture, 1/3 C pasta, 1/4 C sauce, 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
S - 1/2 slice challah, bunch of cherries

Total:
Exercise: 38 mins treadmill inc. warmup and cooldown, alternating speeds 4.0/4.5/4.0/5.0mph
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had a great food day yesterday--very light and healthy, but the margarita at dinner did me in. 1.5 pounds up. I'm sure it was the salt LOL!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #53  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi I'm back from camping where I didn't do too badly, mostly because all the food was in the back of the truck unless we were actually having a meal! Food has been dreadful since I got home however. I haven't weighed myself in forever, and don't want to. My clothes still fit the same, but unless I get my food (and exercise) back in gear, they won't!

I originally lost ~70 lbs with WW, and I'm about ready to go back, even though I count calories now rather than points. I need some accountability for a few months, and since points are based on calories/fat/fiber it's not rocket science to switch between points and calories. Our scale at home is unpredictable, as is the one at the gym. Heck, WWs may be too, but at least I'd be consistent with which one I use.... Just giving myself a pep talk here. So I'm hoping to salvage today:

BF - 1 cup cheerios (I actually measured for a change!) with 3/4 cup milk, 1/2 banana, a few strawberries, slice of toast (from homemade bread).

Snack - top ramen -

L - spinach salad, with tomatoes, hb egg, lf sesame dressing

Snack - probably ought to skip this - 4oz "natural" blueberry yogurt

D - ?? DH is not home, so I should finish up what's in the fridge. Off the top of my head there's some grilled zucchini, a spoonful of chicken stir-fry, and lots of fresh greens, oh and some broccoli.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #54  
lilybelle

Wednesday food:

BF: PB and SF jelly on whole wheat bread

lunch: egg sandwich on whole wheat, slices of fresh tomato

snack: low-fat cinnamon grahams (130 calories)

Dinner: home-made turkey meatloaf, boiled potato without fat, boiled squash without fat, fresh steamed green beans, fresh tomato slices

Total cals today = 1306 with my coffee and cream included. Now, that is so much better than most days lately. Now, we are gearing up to go for our 3 mile walk up the hill. I am happy and feel like I've done good today. Yipppee.

I know I didn't get any fruit today, so if I need a snack later, I will eat some peaches packed in natural juice. My ratios today were 32%fat, 43% carbs, 25% protein. I am now measuring everything and counting every single little bite, nibble , taste or lick of it. (plus every single ingredient in any of my dishes). I am determined to WIN this battle over the regain.

Last edited by lilybelle; 07-18-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #55  
slow and steady

Wednesday:
B - 1.25 C fiber one raisin bran w/blueberries and .75 C skim milk
S - cherries, half slice of challah
L - .75C pasta with .5C zucchini/mushroom mixture, .25C pasta sauce and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
S - banana, nectarine, slice of challah
D - cooking light mac & cheese (1 serving), salad w/sprouts and balsamic dressing
S - . . . . crap, I ate something at like 9:30 but I don't remember what it was. :P

Total:
Exercise: nada. I sat on my duff all day.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #56  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Here I am again
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #57  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/140/135

Height: 5'6"

I definitely need this thread. The scale read 146 today.

Not good.

It's like I'm testing to see what I can get away with.

I'm eating out too much and just not being very careful.

Why oh why do I do this to myself......??

If anyone wants an "accountability" buddy, feel free to PM me. I could sure use one.

Last edited by nineteen; 07-19-2007 at 12:13 PM.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #58  
lilybelle

My gain must have been water weight. After diuresing last night , I'm down the 4 lbs. today. Back to my goal of 145 lbs. and very happy about it. I'm gonna still post my food here for a while and hold myself accountable to stay at goal. This thread has helped and is a daily reminder to me to be conscious of everything I put in my mouth.

BF: 2 cups of coffee and a bowl of mini wheats with skim milk.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #59  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

B omelet (eggb's, light cheese,, salsa, onion )& oatmeal
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #60  
lilybelle

Thurs.

Snack; 2 LF cinnamon grahams

lunch: grilled chicken sandwich on wheat with slices of lettuce and tomato

Dinner: 1 PB and SF jelly sandwich on wheat

snack: 1 slice wheat bread, 2 oz. of leftover turkey meatloaf

total cals' for the day was 1403 and exercise was swimming 3 hrs.

Last edited by lilybelle; 07-20-2007 at 12:01 PM.