Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Accountable - 131.5

After a decadent week at my mom's and then a decadent night out with my friends the day after I got back, the scale is officially up to 131.5 - the most I've weighed since after the Christmas holidays.

In the past, I would either not get on the scale at all or try to put it out of my head completely, I want to accept the scale is up and past my "redline" of 130 and take steps to get back to 127-128. My goal is one month!

For the past several months, I've been sliding a bit, just little things here and there, but it does all add up. This morning on the scale is a wake up call, I cant just eat whatever I want and expect to maintain my weight loss, I need to make good food decisions much much more often!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you have it figured out. Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #3  
Meg

Glory, I'm absolutely, 100% confident that you can do it.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good for you for owning up to it and nipping it in the bud before it gets out of hand. These things are bound to happen from time to time.

Glory you know EXACTLY what needs to take place in order to get those few pounds off. And I have no doubt you will do it in a timely fashion. Good luck. We're here for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #5  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

It sounds like you're setting realistic time goals and not expecting the weight to be gone by next week.

I had a double bad day yesterday of overeating and no exercise, so I've pledged to myself to get back on plan so I can continue to fit into all the small clothes I just bought.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Glory -- good to see your post -- not because I'm happy it happened to you, but because I am also struggling with some of the "extras" I've been eating lately (too much work and stress). I will find out just how much I'm up when I weigh in tomorrow. I've already started going back to basics (which for me involves writing down everything I eat). I know BOTH of us can do it!

Yay for 3fc accountability!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm really glad I did a 21 day challenge. Although I do journal my food ... I have to remember to have a look at my journals and keep an eye on what's happening.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Glory - your post was a good wake up call for me.

I have been slipping and sliding into old bad eating habits and the scale is ever creeping upwards.
I have passed my *warning* weight of 150
I do know 'what to do'....just can't seem to apply myself.

So here I am, along with you - holding myself accountable for turning this situation around.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #9  

Thanks for the support everyone! I am firmly on track this week!! I even cut out my beloved afternoon latte. Sznn, hopefully you will keep posting to this thread and we can help each other stay accountable!!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #10  

Glory - I will definitely keep posting here.
I need to get this runaway train on track - before it is a full on train wreck.
I am very inspired to hear that you are on the right path.
I have been at about 85% so far today...there is still dinner and evening to go.

-S
Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Glory, I'm in too. See my new goal below (just trying to recoup a few lbs. gained!). I need to re-focus and this would be a good little thread to keep us all accountable.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #12  

Down to 130 today! I am going to start posting my daily menus and being completely honest (every bite/nibble!)

Wednesday

B - 2 kashi waffles, 1 with natural peanut butter, 1 with cherry butter, green tea (I need to skip the peanut butter this week, but I don't want to! I love it so much, will try again tomorrow, heh)

S - 6 oz fresh blackberries

L - salad bar downstairs - field greens, turkey cubes, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, very small spoonful of lentil salad (skipping my usual dried cranberries, slivered almonds), artichoke hearts, beets, low fat dressing

S - mango

S - cut up veggies

D - roasted vegetables (huge pan - to last 4 days) carrots, 1 small sweet potato, 1 small beet, green beans, big onion, garlic, big red pepper, 2 little zucchinis, 4 roma tomatoes, served over 1/4 cup whole wheat couscous (measured dry) and a drizzle of spicy stir fry sauce

Skipping my usual non fat latte and sometimes biscotti afternoon snack and any evening snacks (100 calorie popcorn, baked apple, etc). I can do it!

*EDIT* okay, had the latte, but I got a short!

Last edited by Glory87; 05-23-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Glory - good job today! I did well too, but I'm too lazy to post it (I already did it once on fitday!)

So, I keep asking lots of veggie questions - to roast a big pan how long and at what temp do you do it? Mine never quite seem to turn out (no carmelization) - everyone on here raves of their roasted veggies, and I want in on the action. I'd appreciate if you'd give me your specifics - estimate of time and temp... thanks!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #14  

Hey W2L, I'm pretty unscientific about it! I used: 1 small sweet potato - cut into very tiny pieces (smaller than dice), 1 small beet (cut into very small pieces), about 10 baby carrots (quartered, into small pieces), 1 red pepper cut into stamp-sized pieces, green beans (cut into halves, can of drained chickpeas is also good), a big spoonful of minced garlic, 1 huge onion cut into smallish pieces (but not diced, not sure how to explain it, I cut an onion in half, and then put the half face down and then slice it and pull the pieces apart), 2 small zucchinis (cubed), 4 small roma tomatoes (cubed).

Sweet potatoes, carrots and beets take longer to cook - that's why I cut them up so small, so they'll be ready when everything else is ready. If you have more time, you can put the carrots, sweet potatoes, beets in the oven first in bigger pieces and then add everything else 20 minutes later, but I never seem to have the time to do it like that!

I use a large metal pan and spray it with PAM. I put the veggies in and then drizzle 1 tbs of oil. I spray on a little more PAM and then stir everything up to ensure it's evenly coated. I preheat the oven to 400 degrees. I roast them for an hour, stirring twice. Everything softens nicely and sometimes the onions get a tiny bit black/crispy on the edges (in a good way!!!!)

Thursday plan:

B - 2 kashi waffles, with cherry butter, green tea

S - 6 oz fresh blackberries

L - roasted vegetables (huge pan - to last 4 days) carrots, 1 small sweet potato, 1 small beet, green beans, big onion, garlic, big red pepper, 2 little zucchinis, 4 roma tomatoes, served over 1/4 cup whole wheat couscous (measured dry) and a drizzle of spicy stir fry sauce

S - mango

S - cut up veggies

D - frittata - extra Omega 3 eggs - a little fat free feta, sun dried tomato, kalamata olives, onion, garlic, spinach, artichoke hearts (enough for 4 nights!)
Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #15  

Good morning - wish I could report some success...but that is not the case.

Was doing OK yesterday - then DH suggested we go out for dinner for my BD (which is today) ......then it all went out the window and the scale is not being kind this AM.

As of this AM - I weigh 14lbs more than I did on my birthday last year
So OK - before I spiral into a self pity tirade - I have a plan.
I am aiming to be back under 150 by June 21 (even if it is only 149.9)
And at 136 by November 1/2007

-S