Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #76  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Isn't it interesting the way weight fluctuates? I used to freak out a little whenever I saw the scale go up a bit, but I've now taken a more relaxed view of it. If I see the number go up, I don't change much, and give it a few days to see what will happen. Lately, my weight has not varied beyond a 2 pound interval, and when it goes up, sometimes by the next day it's down. I'm trying to take a see what happens approach now...before I start making dietary/exercise changes.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #77  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone.

I'm feeling good. Eating healthy and getting my exercise in. My stomach feels so much better.

Had major computer problems yesterday. Trojan virus infected our computer. Most likely through the interactive game My DS was playing or his My Space. Had to totally wipe the hard drive. What a pain. Did call my internet provider and they are sending free recovery discs to use if this problem ever occurs again. (I just bought this computer new back in September). I had mentioned how I was having millions of pop-ups every time I came to 3FC's.( Even with pop-up blocker on.) Now that it's fixed, I'm not having the pop-ups anymore. I'm just glad we were able to fix it.

Tara, it is funny how wt. fluctuates a couple lbs. I have seen those same 2 lbs. many times. For me, salt is usually the culprit. I think my biggest worry this time was because I had just changed how I am eating. I just now weighed after having a breakfast of 2 ww pancakes, 2 cups of coffee and a banana. I'm down another lb. A few days ago I was up to 146, back to 143 again now. Yippee. I'd sure like to eventually get back to 141 which is my ticker weight. (I am bad to forget to weigh until after I have my coffee and breakfast. It takes priority of the morning.)

I have to admit that although I really struggled with the decision to change from Atkins to Calorie counting, it was the right decision. I have seen a few others on Atkins that after reaching goal they switched to counting calories. It really does make it easy to prepare food for the whole family. I bet I spent at least 2 hrs. grocery shopping because I read pretty much every label. I can't really trust DH to shop for groceries. He came back with honey topped wheat bread and whole butter and full fat jello puddings last week. LOL.

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-03-2007 at 01:38 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #78  
lilybelle

Everyone please pray for my sister. She is a correctional officer at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary. She had an inmate become violent and as she quickly stepped back the automatic cell door slammed on her hand. Breaking multiple bones and almost tearing her hand off. She will be in surgery most of the day tomorrow having it fixed. I feel so worried about her and know she had incredible pain. By the time they got the door open and help to her, her hand was crushed.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #79  
Meg

Oh Lily, that's just horrible! I can't imagine how hard her job would be on a normal day and then for something like this to happen ... Please keep us up to date on how she's doing.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Lily, she is in our prayers.
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #81  
Working My Way Back Down

Oh gosh, Lily, how awful. :hugs: to you for her. I'm off to church in about 45 minutes, and I'll offer her up for prayers.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #82  
lilybelle

Thank you ladies. I know she has a stressful job. She loves her work and has been there for over 10 years. It's a job that I would be scared to death to do. I hope and pray that her surgery goes well and she will have restored use of her hand eventually.

To make matters even worse, that inmate repeately kicked and punched her through the bars while her hand was stuck. It made me cry terribly when I found out. I'm very thankful the only thing broken up was her hand. It could have been even worse.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #83  
lilybelle

On a happy not, I went to the mall today with my DD. I bought her 3 shirts and some shoes. I bought me 2 new winter shirts that I had actually seen at the first of winter. They were $34.50 but I got them today for $10.00 on sale. I really like them, but didn't want to pay full price for them. I am confident now that I'll keep my wt. off no matter what it takes and have these to wear next winter too. Now is a great time to bargain shop for winter clothes. I saw a lot of cute coats for 50% off. I didn't get one as I had bought 2 new light jackets and a new winter coat this winter already. It is so hard to only buy a few things when about everything fits now. LOL. I had to about slap myself away from the jeans sales rack. (I have at least 12 pair that I can wear just fine right now). It's strange that when I was heavier I never bargain shopped for the following year, because I would always be a little heavier the next season.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #84  
Mel

Lily, how tragic for your sister I would find that a hard job to enjoy so it's a good thing there are people out there who do. My thoughts are with her.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote