Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 10-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Default Maxipad madness (only joking) R-RATED LANGUAGE

My apologies if somebody posted this here before (I found it on Mumsnet)

AN OPEN LETTER TO
MR. JAMES THATCHER,
BRAND MANAGER,
PROCTER & GAMBLE.

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills." Isn't the human body amazing?

As brand manager in the feminine-hygiene division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from Aunt Flo. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy! The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in capri pants. This brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: "Have a Happy Period."

Are you f*cking kidding me?

What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness- actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlza and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreens armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory. For the love of God, pull your head out, man. If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong"? Or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your accounting department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flexi-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bullsh!t. And that's a promise I will keep.

Always.

Best,

Wendi Aarons
Austin, TX
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

THAT...IS...HILARIOUS! Bwahahaha!

TOM is here now, so I am TOTALLY feeling this.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Oh my gosh I have thought the EXACT SAME thing when I've read the "Have a Happy Period" on the Always! What were those people thinking!

Haha- thanks for sharing! So glad someone put it in writing!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

this is HYSTERICAL!! I think Aunt Flo is going to visit me any day now, too.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #5  

Quote:
I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.
This paragraph made me HOWL.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Oh I don't know lol. No dot means I am expecting another little bungle of joy. Dot comeing means I get to sleep at night. There is something good about the Dot comeing lolol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

The comment about the hunting rifle and blaze of glory cracked me up! That's too funny! I just made my DH read it, then told him how lucky he was that he married someone that doesn't get b*tchy at during TOM.....he laughed like a raging lunatic. Considering I'm starting, he better watch his p's and q's.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Am I the only one who hasn't read the back of my maxipads? LOL Gotta go upstairs and check my box of Always.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in capri pants.
LMAO!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #10  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

OMG - that is soooo funny!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote