Old 12-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #16  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Deb- You are more than welcome.

Wow, what can I say about my ornament buddy? It was Pearl. This sweet lady sent me 5 beautiful home made angel ornments. I can't wait to get home and put them on my tree. I love angels, and collect them because I feel so strongly about them. The coolest thing ever though, is the awsome planner that she made me. It is 2007 planner, and on nearly every page she has placed a quote, by me, from things I have written during my WL journey. She has included stuff that I have written on many occasions, including when I hit onederland, times I was struggling, times I was doing well, and times when I was recommitting. I cannot even tell you guys how neat it is.

Pearl- Thank you so much. This is such a thoughtful, wonderful gift. I will truly treasure the things that you sent me, and use them as a tool to inspire to get to goal. Thanks for your friendship and inspiration.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #17  
FBD/8-18-08

Katie, I was soooo excited to be your ornament Santa! I've been making jewelry for a couple of years and thought it would be nice to make sure you got angels that you didn't already have! (Unfortunately, I must admit this was my first attempt at angels, so I know they're a little more "hand made" than you're probably used to! ) But, made with much love nevertheless!

As for the planner - excuse me for saying so, but you've been through a lot lately and I just wanted to do something to encourage you! I hope you don't feel "stalked" as I truly have read every post you've done since day one! (Those archives are really something!) And I thought about excluding some of your posts done in frustration, but I was so inspired by your 'stick-to-it-iveness" that I decided it may help for you to remember some of the obstacles you have overcome!
Anyway, it truly was my pleasure to make those for you! I hope you get many years of enjoyment from the little angel "trinkets" and much inspiration from your words that have so inspired me! You are a blessing!
Hugs and Merry Christmas!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #18  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Pearl.........so sweet..........you help me remember that people are generally good..........it is so easy to get discouraged with people in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.....and then someone like you, comes along, and takes the extra time, goes that extra mile........just because that's what you do.......and it is a good reminder to all of us. Thank you, Pearl
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #19  
FBD/8-18-08

Nicole - Your post brought tears to my eyes! Thank you!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #20  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Amen Nicole.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #21  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Katie - if I had gotten you I would have done the exact same thing as Pearl did, a winning lottery ticket and gifts for all the kids at your daycare...yeah, right! LOL
Pearl you are amazing; my mouth was wide open in awe as I ready Katie's post and your post. Both you and Katie are the most inspiring gals! Amen to that. Okay, there are lots of amazing gals on this thread, but you two do stand out...in a very good way.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #22  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

THANK YOU----THANK YOU------THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pittiemomma & Chklithunder (aka-- Jennifer & Carmen)

I love my angels and crosses! I got so lucky to end up with 2 secret pals--yeah me!!! Anyway--they are already on the tree (and fridge) where they belong and after Christmas I will find a permanent spot for them as a reminder to myself of this journey we are all on together. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Katie--if I had you I also would have done the EXACT same thing!

Pearl--do you need MY address??--JK!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #23  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I am so glad that everyone has enjoyed their ornaments - the types were as diverse as we are, and it's obvious everyone put time and effort into choosing the ornament for their buddy. I'm anxious for everyone else to check in. Thanks everyone for playing along!

Where are you?
flowerjenni1022
Bobby18
dolphin545
reddeborah
Debbie367
pittiemomma - did you get yours yet?
tomkyn - did you get yours yet?
KrispieD - did you get yours yet?
MickeySue - did you get yours yet?
shannon13 - did you get yours yet?

(Still waiting on mine... )

Last edited by hkychik; 12-15-2006 at 10:29 PM.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #24  
Jennifer aka Jenn

S/C/G: 256/232/175

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm Here!!

Hey all,
I'm here to report what I GOT!! I haven't been around for a while, not even lurking, butt that's a whole different story.
Butt, I did wanna report that Hckychik (Lori) was my ornament buddy and I received a cute little Moose angel butterfly?? It made me laugh so hard when I saw it!!
Thank you so much for the ornament Lori it was too cute!!
And I will be posting in the Friends thread soon to explain what my problem has been.

Till then...
PittieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:23 PM   #25  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lori--I am so bummed for you right now!! I hope whoever it is has a REALLY good reason.

Jenn--I love the new avatar--you look gorgeous--and still that same radiant smile!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:32 PM   #26  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Nope, no ornament delivered....but that's okay, there's always next year. Have a Happy Holiday everyone.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #27  
On stabilization

Michelle, I got confirmation from your buddy that she sent one - hopefully it will arrive soon!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #28  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Evette,

THANK YOU for the beautiful ornament. I loved that you personlized it with our names, too sweet. Your ornament now has a very prominent place on my Christmas tree.

I am blessed to have you all in my life. Here's to a fabulous holiday filled with blessings.

Hugs!
Debbie/Nashville
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:15 PM   #29  

Your welcome ChoLabLover. I looked all over for a chocolate one but this cute little fella caught my eye and I had to get it for you
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #30  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Krispie - Thank you for the Mitten ornaments! There are 2 little brightly colored woll mittens, and one has a Christmas Tree, the other Santa. And since there are 2, my kids won't fight over who gets to put them on the tree!
Thank you (and sorry it's a late thank you-I've been under the weather).
Love,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote