Old 11-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #1  
LAWL since 11/8/06

S/C/G: 197/191.4/120

Height: 4'10.5"

Default Boy am I glad I have you gals

I went to my first weighin yesturday after 2 days on the fast foward juice. I lost 3 lbs and the counselor then goes over program with me.First, she gives me purple plan with lites. I asked why I was given a plan with lites when I indicated the other day I was not doing them and she try to tell how they were in the program I asked what was in them got back a list of the nutritionals
but not ingredients. I finally told her I was not doing anything that had hydrogenated oil in them and then she said that they have other things ( soups,etc.) Told her I was not going to do them and asked what plan I should be on. First she said then I should just do this plan w/o the lites. Then I asked if I wasn't eating the lites what should I be doing instead said that she would have to ask the nutritionist after I asked again she asked somebody and they told her the red plan not using the lites. Is this correct? Believe it or not this woman is the manager in my center and people who work there have been there for years. I was really aggravated with this woman and I was ready to quit. If I didn't have you gals I would have. I do some other questions- How do you guys count things? For example I like the perfect 10 western bagels have 140 calories Do you you do it by weight? calories? Also, under my listing for fats they do not have any lite salad dressings but do have light mayo- If it is the same calorically can I count it as a fat. I really love the Galeos salad dressings that they use on the biggest
loser program and they have good nutritionals( lo sodium lo carbs) Lastly, do any you start exercising at the begining of your program. I haven't exercise in awhile would like to go back to it. How did it affect things?The counselor also told me if I exercise more than 5 hours a week I would have to switch programs. Is this correct? Sorry so many questions and thanks for all your help. Joan
jormom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #2  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

First, Congrats for joining and making a commitment to your health!

As aggravating as the COD is, I find that you will get much more help from them if you are as polite and kind as possible. Try not to show your aggravation and they will be much more likely to help you. Who wants to deal with a grouch after all? They do have a job to do after all and sales is part of their income.

OK, if you are not doing lites, they should move you up a food plan not just give you the same plan with out the lites. You really need the COD to help you get started.

I am a big advocate of exercise but if you have not done any in awhile, I would say to get your eating under control and then move into a regular exercise program. For example, focus on being Perfect on Plan (POP) for a couple of weeks and then begin a cardio strenght training program. If you do too much too soon, you may just give it up all together and you don't want to do that!

I would suggest making a list of your favorite foods and bring it to the center so that they can check with the nutritionist as to how to count the foods on your plan.

Good luck and the program does work if you work the program. Come here for support and use your COD for accoutability!!!

Now that I have a pretty good handle on the program, I only go to Weigh In once a week on Saturdays. Since I am on the all food plan, I have forfeited my "refund" since I don't do lites.

Now off to Weigh In I go!!!!
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote