Herbox No sodium beef and chicken broth
Mrs. Dash LS marinades
all of Mrs. Dash seasonings
tuna- canned and packets
SF jell-o
I can't believe it's not butter spray
sugar free jelly
Fiber One cereal

Hey Pearl, did you ever hear back from your dietician friend on her take of regular vs. low fat foods?
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #17  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

My usual grocery list is....

A bag of skinless boneless chix
ground turkey
Deli sliced chicken or turkey
Morning star grillers
Fresh fruit -whatever is in season
RF Peanut Better
Light bread
Dannon Lite and fit yogurt (doesn't leave the aftertaste)
Oatmeal (thanks to Pearl!!!!)
Fresh and frozen veggies
Lettuce
Lemons
Extra Spicy Mrs. Dash
Hot Sauce
LS Soy

I have just started venturing out and cooking LAWL approved recipes and add ingredients to my list as needed.

Hope this helps!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:40 AM   #18  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I am also curious about the regular fat products. I usually use reduced fat salad dressing, but if I am out, or have made a specialty salad for dinner, I have regular dressing. I usually just cut my portion down to 1/3 of a serving. The flavor is so much better, that you actually use less anyway

Also, thanks for the tip on the RF peanut butter. I have not eaten PB yet on this plan, as I cannot imagine eating RF PB. I really enjoy PB, and I just didn't have the heart to ruin it in for my tongue

After beginning Dr. Oz's book, I am leaning more and more towards items in their original states.......just in super moderation while in weight loss. That may be too risky for some........I don't really know if it is the right attitude..........but for me, it is actually better. My personality is one that is not real fond of choosing the correct amounts and portion sizes. I even try to cheat a salad some days........I think.....well, I can have 4 cups........it's just lettuce. And it is.........and lettuce is not bad, and even 4 cups isn't bad.......but c'mom.......4 cups of lettuce is a lot of food. Really, it is more than anyone needs at 1 sitting. When I have done this.......you can bet my tummy hurt afterwards. Part of the learning of new habits on LAWL for me is definitely learning to listen to my body, and stop when I am full......even if it means getting all of my servings in at odd times.

So, to get back to the basis of what I was trying to say......I think everything in moderation is my goal. Everything that is, except for real sweets (and of course, other junk food, which I really don't crave too bad), which will have to wait until I am much more skilled at this being healthy thing Have a POP day ladies
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #19  
kristie

S/C/G: 255/240/180

Height: 5'6''

our shopping list usually consisits of
chicken breast
got ground chicken breast this week, liked it, although we usually get ground turkey
low sodium turkey lunch meat
frozen broccoli
mozzerella cheese or other light cheese
frozen no sugar added fruit
apples
michealena's frozen lean gourmets
tweeteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #20  
LAWL since October, 2006

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!
I have picked up a bunch of things to try. I am most looking forward to the tortillas and veggie links!! Funny you should mention the SF jello. I had been wondering how that fit into lawl. So...how DO you count it??
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #21  
Post-Master

It is a condiment......and MY best friend. I often eat a bowl a sf jello with ff cool whip when I finally sit down at the end of the day to watch T.V. I asked my COD if this was bad.......and she told me it was actually one of the better choices for a midnight snack, because it is very light and low in caloried. Then she told me to make sure I counted them as my condiments. I was dancing out into the parking lot, becuase it's such a treat to eat something that seems like a dessert. I also treat myself every few days to a bowl of sliced strawberries, sprinkled with a little spelda and a bit of ff cool whip on top. It tastes just like strawberry shortcake. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Guess I better go have some
Old 11-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #22  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Makena-hope you like the veggie sausage links (i didn't) but if you don't, next time try the patties-I think they are so much better! I think i just didn't care for the casing of the links.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #23  
Post-Master

I'm holdig back with naughty jokes JM.........
Old 11-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

That's OK Nicole, I just told myself one!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #25  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Makena, do you go to costco? I love shopping there and get a lot of stuff there.
they have the ff danan yogurts, tuna, lite mayo, meats, all bran cereal, lots of fresh veggies and fruit!!, min bagels & water. those are something I buy from there. I buy lite cheese, lean cusines, stonewheat thins bread, cottage cheese, sf jam, all natural PB, salad dressing, SF apple sauce, Rice Thins(they are these really good rice crackers.. you get twelve per serving .. my cod told me about them she recommended the seseme and I love them!)
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote