Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 06:07 AM   #76  

great job sherry!! 4lbs is great!

tatt- welcome! the cereal sounds like it fits in the guidelines 4g or less of sugars? if it is one you like then i would stick with it.

faye welcome and congrats on making your goal!!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:35 PM   #77  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

If all goes well I'm going to buy the book this weekend. As long as there's no blizzard I'm off to the big city to visit my mom with my munchkins. Jodi - how have you been doing? Have you been sticking with it? Any inches gone or more energy?? Welcome Tatt. How's it been going for you?
Old 11-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #78  
Mous

Wink Hopeful

Hello all,

Here I am embarking on YOU!

I go to the store in the morning and am looking forward to taking my list with me and reading labels.

Hope to chat with you soon.

Health and Happiness,
Windsong

Old 11-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #79  
Proud US Navy Wife

Ok ladies, a real question, because I am confused as all heck...

I measured my waist on Monday, sucked-in variety, and it measured 41 inches. (to make sure I was accurate, I had my boyfriend come over and check that yes, I was using the right end, that the tape was straight, and that that is what it really read.) I figured it would be a month before I lost a total of a few inches, since I've been counting calories and exercising for about three months.

Well on Thanksgiving, for some reason I decided to measure myself again. Sucked in, same place (right at my belly button), same way. I measured 38 inches. I checked it, remeasured... said the same. I called my boyfriend (who is out of town visiting family) to make sure that I had remembered my original number correctly. I did. I waited until the end of the day, when I had eaten, etc, and measured myself again. 38. This morning I measured again, just to be safe. 38.

I posted this on another forum, but no one seemed to be able to explain it, so I'm hoping you guys can. It I was just starting out then maybe, maybe I could understand it. Maybe if I had lost significant pounds, I would understand it, but my weight has gone between 190 and 192. I know the book says that weight doesnt matter as much, but I was looking for an explaination. I have none, and I really didn't think that, except for when you first starting losing weight, it was possible to lose that many inches in what, three days?

Please. Help me! Im confused!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #80  

Fae, good question. I'm down 2" and only 1 pound. I'm blown away that I can lose that amount around my waist in a week. My hubby lost 2 as well. I went overboard at Thanksgiving and I still lost it. I guess I don't have an answer, only the fact that it happened to me too. I'll take it! Keep on truckin!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:04 AM   #81  

well first of all fae and meredith great job!! i am no expert ay all. i read the book and am in the process of trying to follow the plan and re- read it slowly. my understanding is that the HFCS and hydrogenated oils and other things they want you to stay away from cause internal swelling and when you stop eating these things you start to notice results in the way of inches lost and not necessarily pounds lost. in any event keep up the great work!!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #82  
Proud US Navy Wife

Jodi - oh oh oh.... so you mean that (at least from your understanding) that the inches lost is from the internal swelling going down, and not necessarily weight lost? Oooo! I feel better now... the quick inches lost was bothering me. I couldn't figure it out, and I wanted to make sure it was healthy! Thank you .
Old 11-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #83  
Mous

Wink

Morning,

Tomorrow I start my YOU.

I am going to try my best and read, read, read.

I am glad you are all here for me.

Have a nice afternoon.
Windsong

Old 11-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #84  

yes fae that's the way i understood it. if there is anone out there who knows more about it please chime in though.

nice to see you here windsong good luck getting started tomorrow.

today i am working on getting back on track. i really overate during the holiday and although i didn't stray totally off i am a bit off track. back to it today though.
have a good one everyone!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #85  
WW Moderator

Do you want to start a thread #2, or is everybody ok with this one getting long...
Old 11-27-2006, 04:10 AM   #86  
Mous

Wink YOU Day

Morning,

Thank you for the kind welcome I appreciated it.

I would like a new thread as it takes a LONG time to load when it gets long.

YOU DAY #1

Wish me well and I will do the same for you.

You are going to have a beautiful day filled with success.
Make sure you say this a dozen times today.

Windsong

Old 11-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #87  

a #2 thread is fine with me jennifer, thanks.

you sound so positive windsong hope you had a great first day.

i just got back from my 30 minute walk, this is going to be a really good week!!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #88  

i almost forgot Dr. Oz is going to be on Oprah wednesday 11/29 to answer more weight loss questions. just wanted to let you all know
Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #89  
WW Moderator

This thread is closed. Go to Support Thread #2 please!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98906
Closed Thread