Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #1  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Default Thinner by the Minute?

I received a postcard from LAWL in the mail. It was an attempt to entice me to return because of a new "Thinner by the Minute" program. Has anyone heard of this program? How does it differ from the standard LAWL program? I have been on Gold w/ lites, Blue w/ 1 lite and Red w/o lites - is there much change from these program materials?

Because I did not have much success on the program initially, I am uncertain as to whether to join again. I continue to see so much success from those here and think that I should be able to do it too. I was thinking of restarting, but following the program on my own. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Suzanne
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Suzanne--so good to see youback--we've missed you. Lots of gals here are doing it without a center--and you can too. You know what to expect. I don't really know much about the "thinner..." program. I read throught the info and it didn't really sound any different than the plan to me. My COD hasn't mentioned it but it has been talked about here if you do a search.

Good luck--I hope you stick around this time!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #3  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

"Thinner" was good for me in that it changed me up a little. Don't know if its worth the money for anyone else, but it helped me. Our COD has moved on and don't mention it anymore. The cynic in me says they just bamboozled me out of more money.

The money the COD has gotten from me, while on the one hand, hurt financially, but on the other it changed my life!! At least the plan and this board did. I could quit tomorrow, because I know how to work the plan, and because this board is such a great support system. But since I've paid and the counselors are really mostly nice (if clueless at times), I'll stick around a while there.
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

My center is a tad behind, but do talk about the "Thinner" program. My center (a franchise) says it involves adding an LA Slim (aka Slimfast) and Jetstart (some sort of coffee drink). They claim all the soy is the secret. Oddly enough, Martha shared some of the TBTM info and there's not much in there about LA Slims and Jetstarts...so....I think it's just another marketing promo. I do, however, totally believe in the LAWL basic program (with or without lites)
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #5  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Joni's right. The Slimdowns and Jetstarts are included in the package, but weren't at all emphasized. i'm not even sure Jetstarts have protein. Anybody know? i drank all of mine. Then bought some more but they were like $14 for four. Won't be buying any more. I bought Starbucks sugarfree frappuccino(mocha lite)--a wild temptation I didn't resist, but they were half what the jetstarts were. Wonder how they compare? I know the Jetstarts have caffeine in them. The Starbucks Lites are 100 calories.
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #6  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey Suzanne- Good to hear from you!! How's it going??
When I went in for WI the other day, I had a few days where I had a jetstart and a slimdown (slimfast) in the same day and they asked me if I was doing the thinner by the minute. (More laziness and convenience than anything else!) I said no, but must be doing something like it. She said that for 5 days you have a jetstart and slimdown every day and then for 5 days eat regularly. She also said that the supplements were key to this program, and I told here I didn't do the LA supps. So I will keep doing my own thing.

Here's the breakdown on the jetstart:
Serving size- 8 oz.

calories-150
calories from fat-30
fat- 3 gm
cholest.-15 mg
sodium- 180 mg
potassium- 450 mg
carbos- 26 gm
fiber- 5 gm
sugars 20 gm.
protein 8 gm.
They also have inulnin that helps with the absorption of calcium and they are also fairly high in all vitamins and minerals.

I really like them, I could use them as my dairy every day, but I am a coffee junkie anyway!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #7  
on LAWL

Suzanne--how about my boy (#8) getting knocked out of 1st on the last stinkin lap!?!!! I miss my Nascar buddy!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #8  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the info. - I am not excited about the Lites, so wouldn't enjoy adding more supplements.

Leanne - I was thinking about you when that happened! Quite a finish - after our trip to NC this spring, I changed drivers. I should now be Kasey9, but don't want to change my username :-)
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #9  
on LAWL

Kasey is DH's fave. He's a cutie.