Old 10-01-2006, 03:55 AM   #1  
Ready to Be a Loser!

S/C/G: 181/177.8/160

Height: 6'0''

Default food combining for weight loss

anyone know about it or can tell me about it so i can lose weight. i need to lose about 25 pounds.
giovannip811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:18 AM   #2  
it's always something

Personally, I'd forget about food combining for weight loss. It's usually a good sign of a fad diet and has not been proven to work. Unless you mean food combined with exercise Most of the diet plans that suggest doing it are actually just feeding you a reduced calorie diet, and that's what works. Burn more calories than you consume, and you'll lose weight

What kind of diets have you tried in the past? What kind of foods do you like?

Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #3  
Ready to Be a Loser!

S/C/G: 181/177.8/160

Height: 6'0''

i have been a big fan of fad diets...but gained all the weight and more back. i can't stick with a low carb diet. i have too many cravings. i love meat and fruit...big fan. not too big on veggies, but i guess i would eat them.
giovannip811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #4  

My advice would be to look for a food plan that is balanced and varied- one you can stick with over the long run. Vegetables are a big part of healthy eating because they fill you up and contain many necessary nutrients.

The only way to lose weight is to consume fewer calories than you expend. The best way to do this is a combination of calorie restriction and exercise. You don't want to restrict your calories too much, because that becomes counter-productive. Look at what you are eating now, and estimate how many calories you are taking in. Then drop that amount by 250 calories for example and increase your activity by 250 calories.

Remember, what you eat is just as important as how much you eat. The motto that seems to work for me is...'make every calorie count'. That is, eat for nutrition, not necessarily taste or comfort.

That doesn't mean that you never have a treat or a meal out, but that those treats become part of your plan.

Hope this helps...
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannip811 View Post
i have been a big fan of fad diets...but gained all the weight and more back. i can't stick with a low carb diet. i have too many cravings. i love meat and fruit...big fan. not too big on veggies, but i guess i would eat them.

I used to Somersize, which is a food combining WOE. If you're not big on veggies, then possibly food combining is not for you. You usually eat a lot of veggies when you food combine, as you cannot mix carbs and protein together.
Mostly for dinner, I would have protein with 2 different veggies or 1 veggie and a salad. I would check out one of Suzanne Somers' diet books at the library. Any one of them outlines her WOE. There is a list of foods you can and cannot have. Also you may want to check out her website. There are a lot of Somersizers who can answer your questions. Good luck to you!
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote