Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #1  

Default The Sugar Solution?

Has anyone bought this book from Prevention Magazine or is currently following their on line program? I receive the Prevention Magazine monthly and I keep getting offers to purchase this book and look into the program but would love a little feed back from someone else who is perhaps currently following this book. It seems to be about controlling your blood sugar through low GI indexed foods and by controlling this you lose weight in the process. Thanks in advance to anyone answering my inquiry.
cybersis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #2  

I am curious about this book also, now they have a cookbook along with it. Kathy
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

It's nothing new. There are a ton of diet books out there based on the Glycemic Index. The Montignac Method (republished & retitled as The French Diet recently), Sugar Busters!, The New Glucose Revolution, The GI Diet, Good Carbs/Bad Carbs, just to name a few. Heck, even Somersizing & South Beach incorporate the Glycemic Index to an extent!

A lot of them you can find in used bookstores or as paperbacks new; probably a lot cheaper than the newest thing.

It works, in no small part, because it forces you to stop eating junk food. The GI isn't a magic system, IMO, but it will help you feel full longer & therefore you'll wind up eating less over the course of a day. And if you keep the emphasis on whole foods, you'll wind up healthier as well. Do a Google search on the Glycemic Index; I know there's a searchable one online, but I'm not 100% sure where. Low GI foods are anything with a level of 50 or below.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #4  

Cybersis, I just sent you a PM.
WaistingAweigh is offline   Reply With Quote