Old 06-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #16  

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all your replies!!!

Well I did talk with my center again and they just happened to start a special yesterday for 1/3 off which would bring my cost to lose 80 lbs to $754 or $8 a week. I asked her why some could get $3 - 4 a week and she said its all marketing areas. The center closest to me just happens to be an upscale community. I live in a small farming town about 40 miles away. Originally she told me I could pay half at the start and then the other half at 6 weeks but of course now with the special you have to pay all up front! Joan you are lucky that they let you pay monthly! That would sure make it uptainable for me, so I guess I will try on my own for awhile see how it goes and hope for a better special.

Do you think if I follow the gold plan w/o the lites I will get results? Guess will see what happens.

Thank you all again!!

Debbie, Thank you for the offer, I will email you today!!! We don't have internet at home so will be sneaking it in at the office when time permits !

Kelly
Jakobsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #17  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hmm, I don't think that gold without lites is right. I believe that red without lites is the right plan. If you are not going to do bars, then you need to stick to a plan that gives you 3 starches a day. The thing with LAWL is that less is not more. We are inclined to think that the less you eat the less you will weigh, but that is really not correct. I eat more than I ever have in my life. I honestly was scared to eat everything on my plan when I started because I just could not see how that much food could cause weight loss. Yet I have dropped a lot of weight eating a lot of food. If you do gold you are going to be really hungry, and lose a lot slower. Red is as follows:

-2 1/2 Protein (8 oz chicken, 6 oz of red meat, 3 eggs, 4 oz of lowfat cheese, 3 T of peanut butter, etc.)
-3 starches
-1 dairy
-3 fruits
-4 veggies
-1 fat

You can still use your gold book for all of your serving sizes, food choices, etc, that all stays the same. We have had some very successful girls do it on their own around here. Good luck to you, and feel free to ask away! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #18  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Kelly - What part of Minnesota are you from?
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #19  
PurpleSunshine

J'sMommy - I have done it on my own along with many others like Katie says - You can do it and we will be here to help you!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #20  

Oh my,you guys are Fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repo Girl thank you so much for the info!!!!!I will start following the red as you have posted! It does play with your mind about the amount of food, I keep thinking you can't eat all that, but watching all the tickers it is obvious it works!!!!! I am now so excited!!!!

I hope I don't become a pest so heres my first 2 ?'s:

I was going to do the TO I have bought my Knudsens morning blend juice, what is the ratio? I think I read 6oz undiluted 4x a day with unlimited protein + 2 veggies for 2 days. Is this correct?

2nd- Repo girl I read in my gold book for protein 2 oz less than you stated above ( red meat 4 oz, chicken 6 oz, pork 4 oz, 2 eggs.) Do you think the portions are different for different colors. Just wanted to double check.

Opps I have a 3rd ? I read about crepes in another post but wondered a brand name and are they thinner than the pitas? I have a hard time with the thickness of the pitas. Have I mentioned that I am Polish!!

Thanks again guys!!!!!!!!!

Dawn78- I live in the outskirts of Buffalo, between St. CLoud & Twin Cities, I bet I will be in your neighberhood on Sun, We are taking our daughter to camp in Waterville - Camp Omega!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

jakobsmommy do you have an email address? I wanted to email you some things that my help you out so if you do and you want to give it to me i can email you the info.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #22  
Katie

You are right on TO except that the green veggies are unlimited. Be sure to get at least 64 oz of water in per day, and on your proteins, I would stay away from red meat. I usually only eat chicken and eggs.

Protein sizes do vary from plan to plan, and red is bigger than gold. These are uncooked weights, if the meat is cooked, subtract an ounce. Be sure to purchase a good food scale, and measure everything. You will be suprised how much 8 oz of chicken is.

I bought really nice crepes from Super Wal Mart. They are only 35 calories a piece, and dang good. They are very thin.

You are not a pest. Everyone has a lot of questions in the beginning. Have a great day!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #23  

Thanks Repo girl for all the great info!

I have a super walmart close, where are the crepes located in the store, I found the kangaroo pitas in the deli but they were just to thick for me!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #24  
Katie

They were in the produce on an endcap. They are Melissa's brand.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #25  
PurpleSunshine

Jakobsmommy - Katie is our LAWL expertise - !! She is wonderful!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 298/290/155

Height: 5'5"

repogirl,

What are the protein sizes on the purple plan vs the red? I'm doing purple while using my red booklet that I got fm the cod. I'm mainly interested in the chicken and the beef. It says here that beef is 6 oz. and chicken breast is 8 oz. Thanks.

Jackie
missmuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #27  
ON LAWL

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'6''

Hey Kelly
I am from MN too. It is definitley pricey. There is no way I would have been able to join if I didn't have a coupon. Keep checking their website for additional openings in MN. If you have the availablity find a coupon for that store. I actually signed up in St. Cloud they had just opened there when I was ready to start. Then after a week I transfered to the Coon Rapids Location. It saved me 60% (Instead of 11.00 I paid just over 5.00 a week!)
Apparently CR would have taken my coupon anyway!
klkoppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #28  
Jaslyn's Mom

Default monthly

Quote:
Originally Posted by StargazerJMK
Karla, yep. I pay 47.00 per month and 1.75 so that the can direct withdraw it from my checking account. Thats why I DID sign up. It was more affordable that way.

Also, it is my understanding that this takes me through my Stablization and Maintenance.

My center also said that I had to pay everything up front. How can we figure out what's the deal. Also, they didn't say that the lites were optional. I don't like being tricked into something. I like all the FACTS and straight info up front.
jaslyncymone is offline   Reply With Quote