Old 05-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #16  
Losing the Weight!

I've been on LAWL for 17 weeks now and while I go up and down (they tell me some people just lose weight that way and my Dr. has confirmed this) I have lost 32 pounds and, get this, 18 inches over all. I'm not doing the bars... so yeah, I think it works. I'm actually out of my size 16s and into 12s and 14s now. And despite my frustration at times, I'm NOT looking back. I will stick with this until I get to that 135!

I'm not hungry and I'm finding some days its getting hard to fit everything in because I'm NOT hungry.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

no, 150 is what the weeks cost my sister, not a fee you have to pay....
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #18  
iwasskinnyonce

Default LA Weight Loss Plan lacks protein

It seems to me that this program lacks a good balance of protein, only allowing 2 servings of protein won't even meet the RDA's requirements, it seems to me that when you don't get enough protein you get really hungry and then cheat! I wonder why they limit the protein so drastically when protein actually helps to convert carbs to energy!
iwasskinnyonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #19  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

This program has quite a bit of protein-I don't think you know what constitutes a serving and obviously aren't considering the protein in the lites. Also-some get more than 2 servings-depends on your current weight.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #20  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I checked my fitday log. On an average day, I consume 80 grams of protein. This is way more than the RDA, I believe.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #21  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

JM--I agree. I've been told our protein intake needs to be between 15%-30%. According to fitday I am always in that range even on Gold and on days I don't add the extra 1/2 protein. Another calculation I found was your weight /2.2, then multiply by 1.2 for grams needed (scale was .8-1.8 based on activity so I took a random in between number) --mine came out around 87. Most people don't account for the Lites or other replacement bars--obviously if you don't know the program....
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote