Old 05-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #31  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I have read that about cold water, but cold water tastes funny and makes my sensitive teeth ache. I figure lukewarm is better than none at all.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #32  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I can get a lot more down at a time if it is lukewarm.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #33  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

I don't like cold water either, I like it warm!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #34  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

You know I was wondering about if the water should be cold to raise the metabolism more too. The article didn't specify the water temperature.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes lukewarm water. I'm the only person (until now)I knew that prefered no ice in my water.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

can't stand warm water. has to be ice cold for me!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

lukewarm girl here! it just goes down quicker...ice cold i have to sip!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 AM   #37  
PurpleSunshine

I'm with you Sherry - at least cold for me - can't stand room temp or luke warm - makes me gag - the only exception is drinking the warm lemon water - which I feel like I need this morning - very bloated with TOM!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #38  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

I love ice. Im the only person I know that will go to a convenience store. Fill the largest cup clear full of ice and then diet pop or water. I have to have bags of ice in my freezer too. I love to go to sonic and get 3 or4 bags of their ice (the little pellet kind) and stock my freezer. I told my husband my dream gift is an icemaker machine. LOL
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #39  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I love the pellet ice like Sonic has! I would eat that all day if I had something to make that for him. I'm a bad ice chomper and DH is always yelling about it. I look at him really sheepishly and say "I can't help it...I'm anemic." Well, I am...so at least I get him off my back even though I did this long before an iron deficiency.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:34 PM   #40  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

from: http://walking.about.com/cs/howtolos...ater011204.htm

Drinking More Water Burns a Few More Calories
From Wendy Bumgardner,Your Guide to Walking.

But Don't Overdo It
Does drinking more water really help dieting? A small study says it may help you burn a few more calories each day. How many? About 50 calories per liter or quart of water. About 25 calories per water bottle-full of water. Mind you, that's only 5 M&Ms - plain, not peanut.
Why Drink More When Dieting?
Drinking a big glass of water whenever you feel hungry and before a meal or snack fills the stomach briefly and makes you feel fuller and stop eating sooner.
Breaking down body fat and body muscle during weight loss produces wastes that must be eliminated through the kidneys. Drinking enough water is important to keep the kidneys functioning to remove these wastes.
Popular high-protein diets produce more waste products from digestion, let alone from breaking down stored fat. Kidney function is even more important when on a high-protein diet.
Drinking more water does not "flush fat."
If the dieter is drinking plain water, he/she is less likely to be drinking something with calories in it.
Drinking Water Briefly Increases Metabolism
Drinking 500 mL of water (a half-liter or about a pint) increased the study participants' metabolism briefly - for about a half hour. In that time they burned an extra 25 calories. That's about a quarter of a piece of sliced bread, or 5 M&Ms. The researchers theorized that most of the effect comes from warming the water in the stomach. In the male participants the calories came mostly from stored fat, in the women it came from stored carbohydrates. The paper was published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, December, 2003. It was conducted by researchers in Berlin.
Eight Glasses of Water a Day?
The study provides some support for the general recommendation to drink eight glasses of water a day while dieting. For most people that would add a liter or two to their regular water intake. The extra calorie-burn would be about 100 calories a day if drinking 2 liters (2 quarts or 4 water-bottles full) more than usual.

Dangers of Too Much Water
Don't start drinking an extra gallon of water a day - that can kill you, especially if you are fasting or eating very little. Water taken in must be in balance with body salt - electrolytes. The body needs to maintain salt balance or risk hyponatremia with heart attack and even death. Drinking too much water dilutes the salt in your blood and tissues - and can kill you. Healthy athletes have died from drinking too much plain water and not replacing salt. Dieters should not plunge into drinking gallons of water a day in hopes of burning a few more calories. Drink an extra few glasses, yes. But a gallon is too much.
Drinking and Walking
Exercise such as walking causes the metabolism to rise and body water to be lost through increased respiration and sweat. Walkers should drink a large glass of water an hour before walking, then drink about a cup of water every mile. When you finish walking, drink a glass of water. Guidelines for the marathon and half-marathon now say to "drink when thirsty" rather than pushing water, in order to prevent hyponatremia - drinking too much with replacing electrolytes.

I've been drinking ice water since reading this. Hey, every little bit helps--especially over time the calories will add up.
merem is offline   Reply With Quote