Old 04-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default Self Fulfilling Prophecy

Okay girls, I am going to get a little deep here, but bear with me. I am sure many of you are familiar with the self fulfilling prophecy. Basically it states that the things that we say about ourselves or other people repeatedly are more likely to come true. Case in point, the whole time he was growing up, EMIL told my BIL that he would be in jail by the time he was 18, because he was a difficult kid. No big suprise then, that by the time he was 18, he had been in jail many times. He lived out the prophecy she had set out for him, because he was told that he would.

So how does the self fulfilling prophecy relate to weight loss? In a profound way, I believe. I think that we have got to set out our own prophecys, and cancel out all of the feelings of self doubt that we all battle with. It is my challenge to all of you to come up with your own prophecy. Write it, print it, post it here if you want, post it in your house for sure. Read it and live it. If you do, your prophecy WILL manifest itself.

So here is my self fulfilling prophecy: I will get to goal in June. I will be thinner than I have been in 10 years. I will be in good physical condition, and I will feel great. All symptoms of Fibromyalgia will disappear. From now on, I will honor my body by making good food choices and exercise daily. I will allow myself to let go of any negative energy that is affecting my weight and my body. I am worth it, and I will do it. I believe that by doing these things, my prophecy will manifest itself.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #2  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
Are we soul sisters?Totally agree on the self fullfilling prophecy, and my self fufilling prophecy is that in 15 weeks I will be in 180 lbs. I am gonna put my heart and my soul in it, all the temptation that surround me is not going to exist.All the negativity is already gone, my prophecy is already manifest itself.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Here is my self fulfilling prophecy: I will get to goal no later than June 1. I will be thinner than I am now, but more importantly I will be healthy. I will continue to exercise and treat my body right. I will make good food choice for the rest of my life since this is not a diet it is a new way of life. I will no longer let anyone's hurtful comments get to me. I will stand up for myself. I am doing this for no one else but me. I will be a happier, thinner, healthier me.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #4  

Here's mine: I will be at goal before I move from here on June 3rd. I will exercise 6 days a week NO EXCUSES, and I will not go on a 3-day binge when I slip up and go off plan! I will wear a bikini this summer on the beach in San Diego -- and not be embarrassed!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #5  

Way cool idea, Kate.

I will accept myself for who I am. I will make my goal by the end of 2006. I will reward my hard work by getting my Yoga Teacher Certification. I will respect my body by eating healthy and exercising. I will not doubt myself, or beat myself up if I have an off day. I will remember that I am ok as I am right now, and I am doing this to be even healthier and happier.

Kristi
yoga_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #6  

I WILL make it to my short term goal! I will stick to the plan! I will not see the 170's again! I will be proud of myself!!!
mujiboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:50 AM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

Katie...I didn't know you had Fibromyalgia. My DH has it so I understand how miserable it can be. He needs to lose about 50 pounds and I think he would feel better if he did. I have been trying to get him to sign up for LAWL but so far he is giving me the "we can't afford it" excuse (which is an excuse...he's worth it).

Have your symptons improved since you lost weight? If you can share that experience, maybe that will convince him...thanks...Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #8  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Suzette--will he do the eating plan without joining? If so, he can do the Luna's or just up his color. Just a thought. I'm sure someone here would know what color he needed. My DH started at 232 and is on purple with lites--now 202 in 13 weeks!! Good Luck--he is so lucky to have you looking out for him!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

I am currently on red with lites. My DH is 6'2 and about 250 lbs. Do you think he would be red or purple? If it is purple, what is the difference between red and purple regarding exchanges? Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #10  
Katie

Suzette, Changing my eating habits has been very helpful with FM. When I eat a lot of sugar I hurt a whole lot more, so the limited carbs on this plan have made me feel a ton better, not to mention that I can finally exercise without feeling awful.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #11  

I think this is a good idea. I have thought about what I want to see. I have an idea in my head, which comes up when I want to cheat. I don't want to be super skinny, but healthy. I am learning how to eat better, and treat my body better, I guess I have already attained some of the prophecy.
Pingree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #12  
Katie

Hey Pingree, thats great!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #13  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I will be proud of the person I am now and not be down on myself for being overweight...being thinner will not change my mind or my heart. I will still be the same person, just healthier. My life is wonderful and I will enjoy every minute of it now...not wait until I reach my goal weight, which, by the way, I WILL DO!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #14  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

You ladies are so on point here, Repo, Emmy, Ping, Boos, Space, muji, yoga, stiesta,30lbs & Rad...All this positivity that you are putting out in the universe is making such a huge difference! Since I've been back posting i am so much more focused and clear, while before i was REALLY struggling.

It's funny because maybe 2 days ago i was talking to DH about this very same thing, how i wanted to make a list write down my goals so that they are real to me, put them out there in the universe. And then i read this and it's basically the same idea...that's called shared-consciousness. When people in totally different places have the same stream of thought. It's happened countless times through out history like when two separate primitive cultures will develop the same technologies simoltaniously and have no possible way of having contacted each other to share the idea. OK I guess I'm getting a little to deep w/ it...but you started it!

Anyways, I will get organized in every aspect of my life, that includes LAWL, i will plan my meals ahead, buy everything i need in advance and not self sabotage. I will be healthier at 30 than i have ever been in my life. I will make my health and myself a priority. I will go back to school to get my master's and be done in less than 2 yrs and graduate w/ honors. I will stop looking for the short cuts and do things the right way, with hard work & commitment. I will stop procrastinating and just 'do it'. I have a wonder husband, amazing sons and family support to help me. My life is amazing and i am dishonoring it when i complain, and focus on petty things. I will appreciate how lucky and blessed i am.
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #15  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

Sorry such a long post Ladies!
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote