Old 02-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #16  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I think I posted in the wrong thread, sorry.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #17  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Heather, how tall are you?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Yes, I can't wait to go to NY & Co - haven't been in a while -but I did buy some nice fitting size 10 Tommy's while on vacation - I looked in the mirror and told myself "You go girl",..,...I was a happy camper
go to the webiste and sign up for the coupons and then use them when there is a sale goign on. I got my last 2 pair of pants with a spend $50 get $20 off coupon and plus all the pants were on sale for B1G1 50% off. and then they were also giving out citycash so I got $15 in city cash for the next time I go...like I said they are no walmart, but if you plan it right, you make out pretty good.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #19  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Hey Dawn i'm with ya on "them" lol... same problem here I don't think i'll ever be back to pre-pregnancy in that area. I really wish the nice weather would get here so I could take my son out for walks! I think that would really help me
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #20  

Shennie, Just logged myself into NY&Co and printed me a 20% off coupon --
thanks for the heads up. I am happy to shop anywhere that sizes run big -- whatever it takes to keep me going!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

loseitlaura - I can commiserate with you on the frustrations you are experiencing.
It took over 25lbs for anyone to notice - or make comments on my weightloss.
My clothes from 29 lbs ago - still fit, albeit much looser and more comfortable.

I was getting so discouraged with the seemingly slow progess - but I have put it in to perspective and I am now happy with my accomplishments.
I've tried this gig many times before to no avail, and in 4 months I am almost where I want to be.

Hang in there, I'm sure your scale is going down...and that is definately the right direction.
Chin up,
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #22  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

the same reason why my gained pound and a half threw me out of my 2's and back into the 4's. Its not fair
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:27 PM   #23  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn78
I’m like the complete opposite when it comes to my chest. Out of the 14.5” I’ve lost, only 1” was in that area. I hate them and that was the first place I wanted to see go. After I had my son everyone said my chest would get smaller. That never happened. They didn’t even go back to their pre pregnancy size. I told DH, after we’re done having kids, I’m getting rid of MOST of them. That should be good for at least 10 lbs. lol
AMEN! I think I could lose at least 10 pounds up there and not even miss it!!! I have to buy extra big shirts just so they don't pucker around them thangs!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by loseitlaura
I am 5'3" tall and 139 pounds. I wear an 8 or 10. I have been walking but my counselor told me that I can't exercise or break a sweat for more than 2 1/2 hours a week, so I have been limiting myself to some brisk walking a half hour a day. Does this make sense to anyone else? Thanks for all your support, girls.
Laura, I am 5'3'' also, weigh 146 and wear a size 4-6, I weight train, run and swim... I think the weight training is what makes me smaller because muscle in denser and smaller than fat, check out my siggie pic of fat vs. muscle... Also, why does your counsellor say that you shouldn't break out a sweat for more than 2.5 hours/week? Is there a medical problem? If so listen to your counselor... if NOT, hey, break out a good sweat by doing intense cardio and start to weight train, you'll see bigger changes then... Good luck and keep us posted!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/213/199

I lost more in inches and size than in pounds really, I lost 30 lbs went from really tight 20's to somewhere between 16 and 18 (I am 5'8") and lost 22 inches I exercise roughly 4 hours per week my goal is to get below 200 lbs and stay there which would put me comfortably into a size 14 and that would be totally cool with me :-)
Tazzieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #26  
slowlyshrinking

I was irritated that I couldn't wear a smaller size after I lost 20 pounds, and then I thought about how tight my pants had been when I started LAWL! They really didn't fit, but I wouldn't buy the next size larger. So, then, with that realization, I tried on the smaller size, and realized they fit much better than the bigger size had fit. My point is, I really should have been wearing a bigger size at the start!

And, somebody mentioned people not noticing weight loss - it really took 40 pounds for people to notice I had lost weight - and I have one acquaintance who recently commented that I looked different, but she couldn't figure out why! I wanted to yell at her "BECAUSE I'VE LOST 65 POUNDS, AND YOU HAVE YET TO NOTICE!!!" But I didn't, I said "oh, it must be my new haircut", and she said - "oh, yeah, that's it!" I guess it takes all kinds!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #27  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn78
I’m like the complete opposite when it comes to my chest. Out of the 14.5” I’ve lost, only 1” was in that area. I hate them and that was the first place I wanted to see go. After I had my son everyone said my chest would get smaller. That never happened. They didn’t even go back to their pre pregnancy size. I told DH, after we’re done having kids, I’m getting rid of MOST of them. That should be good for at least 10 lbs. lol
Well, I'm rather well-endowed, and while I can't say they went away, they shrank proportionally. I went from a 42D to a 36D. I figure I've got what I've got, and my body is my body. All I could do is work with what I revealed once a lot of the fat had gone. I was told I had no butt, and I think my thighs were rather speedskater-like, and my chest was still too big, but overall, I was significantly smaller, if I looked at the tape measurements. I tried to do inclined dumbell flys and upper pec work to at least give them some more support and firm them a bit. But overall, I think I looked as good as I could look, and I was happy enough with that. I'll never be a super-model. I'll only be the best that >I< can be.

--Janis
busker is offline   Reply With Quote