3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/71273-lawl-losers-friends-january-2006-a.html)

Tee625 01-18-2006 10:54 AM

A question for you ladies this morning... How do you guys balance the LAWL diet and cooking or dining out with family and friends. I slipped up a couple of times this weekend because my DH invited his cousins over to our house on Saturday and then his parents on Monday. And of course he wanted me to cook for them. So all weekend I am cooking things like cornbread, fried potatoes, pasta alfredo, etc. I was able to refrain myself from the alfredo but I did end up having corn bread and the fried potatoes. It's hard having to explain to everyone why I can't eat this or that.
I haven't told very many people about me joining LAWL because I don't want to feel pressured about losing weight. Last year I joined weight watchers with my MIL and SIL, they were both really successful and are now in maintenance while I did horrible. Ever since then my MIL would comment about my weight and the foods I ate. I use to feel weird every time I ate around them because of the snide comments they would make. This makes me more determined to succeed but it also brings added pressure.

Repo girl 01-18-2006 11:23 AM

Tee, Your DH would not survive for 5 minutes in my world. At our house, if you want to eat it, and it is not OP for me, you make it yourself. In the future, would it be possible for DH to order pizza for the fam, or better yet, go out to dinner? I do not think that it is fair to expect you to cook up a storm for everyone while you are not able to induldge.

We ate at my sisters house on Saturday night. I always have a hard time there, because they always have a lot of snacks and treats around, and we usually order pizza. DH came up with an awesome solution, and offered to cook for all of us. We went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients to make Cobb salad. It was OP except for a tiny bit of bleu cheese. My sis's were impressed. They all raved how good it was, and joked that they should let the LA people in the family cook every week. I was thrilled, because for once, I did not blow it at our Saturday poker party. I also won poker, so it was a good night all around.

LA'smostDETERMINED 01-18-2006 11:33 AM

Good Morning to all, and Welcome and hello to all the newbies!!!

I went to the COD yesterday to WI, I was so nervouse because I thought I had gained, but I actually lost 3 pounds I was like "what" and I got on that scale like 5 times just to make sure lol...Previously I had like 4 "DECENT" cheat days I guess it is all that water and especially the lemon water! I do that when i know I ate something through out the day that I know I shouldn't have had. Anyways I have a question, is anyone doing the suppluments? Is there any way that can get mine out anywhere? Or do you all the think LA's suppluments are better?
Oh about the LA plans, I got mine $3 a week!!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...c4d/weight.png

Tee625 01-18-2006 11:50 AM

Repo girl, thanks for the advice. You're right I need to just stop cooking things that I know I can't eat. I have been trying some of the recipes posted on the boards and in the book so hopefully he will like them so that we can all eat the same things.

Sometimes my DH will cook his own meals when he wants something that he knows I can't eat... but sometimes that gets hard too because I'm eating broccoli and they're eating fettucine alfredo. Hopefully I won't be so weak and I can be around all the tempting foods without indulging.

Star 01-18-2006 11:51 AM

Hi Chicks -
Just want to share - my plan is really working - check out how young I look......oh-rah........
Ok, that's my kaycee (1)

shennie_97 01-18-2006 12:03 PM

Deets~ :hug: do you think that maybe you just need toning work now and maybe its not actual WL you are after. You look great and I hope you know that, but maybe some toning will help you “fit the sizes you want to fit. Also remember each place fits us differently, I can fit some 9’s now, but still can’t fit 13’s at other places.

Heather~ :bravo: on winning the office contest

Gymgurl~ great to see another pic with a name

Tee~ my COD is now $7, I got my coupon the last day of December and forgot to use it and then first of January they were up from $3 to $7, I am going to just go ahead and add 4 dollars to the 25 dollar coupon and get 4 more weeks to take me to mid march tough and then I will stay wherever I land probably ;) also about eating with others, I usually eat my food first before theirs is done, but then have a little something to eat with them. I have gotten really good at ordering a pizza and eating a salad and some grapes before it comes and then I am really full with just one piece. Plus stay busy while they are lounging around with the food and don’t let it sit our afterwards, wrap it up and put it in the fridge or give it to them to take home. Food just sitting on the table or counters can be an easy distraction and before you know it…well we all know.

Star~ your new facial cream takes years off of your age, you skin looks baby soft :rofl:

dawn78 01-18-2006 12:10 PM

Deets – Are you this way with more things in your life or just with your body image? How did you feel about yourself when you were at your heaviest and your lowest weights? Or is this your lowest weight? I’m just curious and trying to relate your experience to my own past experience. I’ve struggled my whole life with my body image and weight, even when I was 21 years old and weighed only 112lbs, I still wasn’t happy with myself. Recently I had my wake up call when I lost my mother. Since than, I’ve realized what’s important to me and it’s not my looks or how others perceive me or any material things, what’s most important to me is my health. You can be as thin as a super model, but we all know that’s not healthy and if you’re not healthy, as I’ve learned with my mother, everything can be gone tomorrow. When I started this diet, I started to get myself healthy for the future of my family and myself. I’m 5’2 with heals on and 168lbs was far from being healthy. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m never going to be that fictitious person that I’ve been building myself up to be, but every day that I loss I know I’m closer to being a healthy person. That’s something to celebrate about! Right now you’re at a perfect weight. I think we all need to be real with ourselves and look at what has been accomplished. If we don’t, we’re just setting ourselves up for disappointment and we’ve all been through a lot of struggles on this weight loss journey and we don’t deserve more disappointment.

Right now you should be celebrating!!

Gamababa3 01-18-2006 12:15 PM

Good Morning all. I joined with a coupon at $5 and I asked recently about how much it would be if I wanted to continue on after I get to my first goal. They looked in my file and said that it would still be $5. I sure hope so because right now its $9 to join and they said that price would most likely go up. I'm getting ready to go weight in just wanted to say Hi and will chat more later.

SyracuseNY 01-18-2006 12:16 PM

Tee625: It's hard cooking 2 different menus, but since you had company coming for dininer it's always a challenge. If anyone comments on why you aren't eatting a certain food, plead the 5th - you don't have to mention your dieting (I have found that is the worst thing I could say to some people). There food watchers are still out there, but don't give DMIL anything to use against you. Make comments like I don't feel that eatting that now. White lies are okay when dieting. ;) Don't admit that you can't have certain foods because then you'll have to explain and give yourself away!

Good Luck!

Sy

Mom_of_3_Monsters 01-18-2006 12:17 PM

Star - Grandbaby Kaycee is precious !!!!

SyracuseNY 01-18-2006 12:24 PM

Star: Kaycee is beautiful.

Now that most everyone has posted their pictures, I was thinking that someday one of us will see one of the ladies in the pictures on the street or on vacation or something. I can see it happening, and the other person will look at the person who notices like they are crazy or something. If that happens to anyone, please share the experience. I'm laughing just thinking of it. LOL! I have a friend that can leave Syracuse and go to Italy and see people she knows while traveling (on vacation). So, chances are it can happen.

I went to the COD and was down 3.6 so I'm back to where I started last Tuesday. My new goal is a # a week, that could bring me to goal by the end of April.

I'll be catching up on the posts later.

Star 01-18-2006 12:39 PM

SY - Awesome loss!!!! You rock.....
Thanks for the compliments on my kaycee........we think she hung the moon....I'll post dave next.....

emmysmom 01-18-2006 12:58 PM

Kaycee is just too adorable! I just love babies!
I went to WI today and I'm down 1.2 from Monday, which is great...I still have 3+ pounds to go to get to where I was before my week off plan. TOM is also here, so maybe I can lose those 3 in the next week. Who knows? I'm just pluggin away.

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-18-2006 01:22 PM

Sy - Great loss and Congrats !!

Star - Kaycee is such a cutie - are you trying to give me baby fever?? hahaha

Emmysmom - Congrats - you will be back down in no time - doesn't it feel great to be back on plan?? you go girl!!

Hope you gals are having a good day - I'm so busy at work today - yuck!!

Repo girl 01-18-2006 01:25 PM

Star- Kaycee is so cute! Like grandma, like granddaughter, I always say!

I got on the scale this morning, and it said 178.4. I literally caught my heart in my throat. So of course, I jumped back on, and it said 183.4, over and over again. Why oh why has my scale turned into an evil sadist, teasing me with lower weight, then crashing my excitement?

We have a great dane in heat. Needless to say, things around here are pretty disturbing today. Scandalous, really.